Main Forums > The Roundtable

No DUI in crash that killed Biden's 1st wife, but he's implied otherwise

<< < (4/4)

Jamisjockey:

--- Quote from: shootinstudent on September 22, 2008, 06:59:58 AM ---
--- Quote from: MicroBalrog on September 21, 2008, 09:08:31 PM ---Guys, explain this to me, please, I'm a bit confused.

What benefit does Biden gain from doing this? I don't doubt this story, I'm just dumbfounded as to why someone would come up  with such a strange lie.

How does the claim his wife was killed by a drunk  driver rather than a non-drunk driver help Biden politically? Sympathy?

I don't see it either-coupled with the fact that this has not been a centerpiece (or even a widely known piece) of his campaign, I'm left scratching my head at the controversy.

I disagree.  I've seen the story of his life several times from several sources right after he was announced as the Veep.  I think the DUI aspect makes it sound even more tragic and makes the listener more sympathetic.  Not a major piece, but he has no right to slander the late Mr. Dunn.  Proof of his (lack of) character I suppose.  But okay, keep defending him SS, it shows your character, too.

RocketMan:
Biden's latest embellishment is telling everyone how his helicopter was "forced down" during a trip in Afghanistan.  What this is intended to imply without elaboration, of course, is that he came under enemy fire.
A little digging into the incident reveals that the helicopter he, Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., and Sen. Chuck Hagel, R-Neb., were on made a precautionary landing due to weather.
He's a real piece of work, alright.

qdemn7:
Biden is a typical blowhard politician who loves to hear himself talk, just like Bill Clinton. They're the biggest egotists in the world, even bigger than actors. It's always about "me, me, me me, and what I did, and why, and where and when and how and....". People who never can turn off their mouths frequently talk themselves into trouble. Unfortunately we seem be to be headed toward 8 years, or more, of Biden running his head.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version