Author Topic: Obama and our rights  (Read 2590 times)

The Annoyed Man

Obama and our rights
« on: September 30, 2008, 06:47:46 AM »
Recently, several left-wing members of the media have tried to dispel the notion that Barack Obama is not a friend of gun owners and of those who support the Second Amendment.  This has been part of an attempt to neutralize the effects of several recently launched NRA advertisements making it clear to the American people that what Obama says now, as he is running for president, choosing his words carefully as he attempts to maximize votes for his ticket, is not the same as what he has consistently said in the past when expressing his true views.  The fact of the matter is that Barack Obama is, and always will be an enemy to those who support the Second Amendment, but if you aren't a supporter of the Second Amendment, perhaps you are a supporter of the First Amendment, and Barack Obama has recently shown through his actions that he is not a supporter of the First Amendment either.  Actions speak louder than words.

When the NRA released its advertisements exposing Obama's long standing anti-gun record, a panicked Obama campaign working together with the Democratic National Committee responded by going to outrageous and desperate lengths to try to silence the organization.

They have bullied media outlets threatening to sue if they run the NRA advertisements.  They have sent cease and desist letters to radio and television stations threatening their FCC licenses if the stations run the ads.  The campaign has been calling for its followers to additionally contact television and radio stations demanding that they not run the advertisements.  That's two of our civil-rights down.  How many more does he not support?

The fact of the matter is, Barack Obama might say that he supports the Second Amendment, and the right of Americans to own firearms.  He might claim that he is not going to take anybody's guns away, but at the end of the day, this could not be farther from the truth.

He claims he is not going to take anybody's guns away.  He may have even gotten other politicians to repeat and affirm this claim. However Obama voted for an Illinois State Senate bill to ban and confiscate "assault weapons." The bill was so poorly crafted though, that it would have also banned most semi-auto and single and double barrel shotguns commonly used by sportsmen and owned by many for home defense.  Furthermore, Obama has endorsed a complete ban on handgun ownership.  Own a revolver or pistol for home defense?  That includes you too.

Barack Obama supports local gun bans in Chicago, Washington, D.C., and other cities despite the recent U.S. Supreme Court "Heller" decision striking down the D.C. ban as unconstitutional and affirming that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to keep and bear arms.  It might interest you to know additionally, that Barack Obama opposes four of the five Supreme Court justices who affirmed this.  He voted against the confirmation of Alito and Roberts and he has stated he would not have appointed Thomas or Scalia.  At the time the decision was announced however, Obama tried to pretend as though he was in complete agreement.  For somebody who has himself stated, "I was a constitutional law professor, which means unlike the current president I actually respect the Constitution," you would think that he would not support unconstitutional bans.  Make no mistake about it, Obama has no respect for the Constitution.  He has countered himself by saying, "I think that local jurisdictions have the capability to institute their own gun laws." On record he has said, "There is an individual right to bear arms. But it is subject to common sense regulation." However, this also is on record, "I'm consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry."  Mr. Obama - you do remember that the Second Amendment protects a right to keep AND bear arms, no?

Obama supports renewing the failed Clinton-era "assault weapons ban" which was a ridiculous ban that targeted weapons by merely cosmetic features and served no legitimate purpose.  "I think it's a scandal that this president (Bush) did not authorize a renewal of the assault weapons ban," he says.  Wait a minute, President Bush is to blame for that?  If he had bothered to check, he would have learned that on March 2, 2004 with the ban's sunset on the horizon, Senator Diane Feinstein tried to amend the Senate's Lawful Commerce In Arms Act to include a 10 year extension of the Clinton "assault weapons ban". With her amendment, the bill was voted down 8-90.  President Bush had nothing to do with it.  The law was later passed in 2005, without the amendment, as it was intended to protect the manufacturers of firearms from frivolous lawsuits in which the manufacturers are held responsible for crimes committed with their products.  The bill appeals to common sense as to do otherwise would be like suing Ford for the death of an individual hit with a Taurus while the driver was driving under the influence of alcohol.  While on the subject, Obama voted against this law, and supports manufacturers being held liable.  A law to hold a manufacturer of a lawful product liable for unlawful acts committed using its product is NOT common sense.  This is why the following Obama'ism is frightening, "There is an individual right to bear arms. But it is subject to common sense regulation."  How can we trust his interpretation of "common sense regulation" when he obviously lacks common sense altogether?

Barack Obama supports gun owner licensing and gun registration.  Essentially it would seem that he wants gun owners serialized and categorized just like the guns that they own.  Fortunately we don't have to worry too much about this issue.  When recently asked, "When you were in the state senate, you talked about licensing and registering gun owners. Would you do that as president?" he responded with, "I don't think that we can get that done."  He also seems to be of the opinion that only the wealthy should be able to own arms and have the ability to protect themselves as he supports a ban on inexpensive handguns as well as a 500% increase in the federal excise tax on firearms and ammunition.  Then again, what's the point of making items like ammunition unaffordable when he also supports a complete ban on most rifle ammunition?  He has already voted for it in the past.  Remember the Obama who said he respects the Constitution?  Remember the Obama who supports the Second Amendment?  With no ammunition, he would love to turn your rifle into a very expensive stick.  Perhaps it can be used as a doorstop or jumbo-sized paperweight to get some use out of it though.

There is much more, but you get the idea.  None of this is a secret.  The information is out there.  Obama's campaign however, is trying to keep it a secret.  They don't want you to know the truth - because the truth in this case isn't pretty.  He has no respect for the Second Amendment, and to try to keep this fact from spreading, he is trampling on the First Amendment too.  Around this point, you might expect a sentence like, "To learn more, click here" which would take you to a anti-Obama oriented website or such where you would rightfully expect a spin on the truth. I have no need to do that.  To learn more, I simply refer you to Google.

The Annoyed Man

Re: Obama and our rights
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 06:48:41 AM »
I sent this to my friends and family via email.  Maybe some of you would like to do the same and get the word out.

wacki

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 09:47:37 AM »
We need to make home video/commercials and post them to youtube.  I hate the NRA's commercials and I think they are ineffective.  Having someone take the bullet out of a 1894 winchester and put it in a 30.30 revolver to show the WaPost that they are full of crap would be a fun commercial.  Not forgetting to add that Obama refused to sign the pro-Heller amicus brief and the previously mentioned bill specifically name 3 "rifle rounds" and no "pistol rounds" as "cop killer" boolits.

See this for more info:
http://obamagun.blogspot.com/2008/08/ban-rifle-ammunition-commonly-used-for.html

The Washington post is a fraud and slandering the NRA IMO.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0908/Obama_seeks_to_take_down_NRA_ad.html?showall

I think we can make much better commercials than the NRA.  Maybe they can use us as inspiration to improve their message.  Ron Paul ReLOVEution style if you know what I mean.  I'm not the biggest fan of Ron Paul, I gotta respect the power of community ran advertising that was central to his campaign.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 10:05:31 AM »
I think we can make much better commercials than the NRA.  Maybe they can use us as inspiration to improve their message.  Ron Paul ReLOVEution style if you know what I mean. 

Oh god no.

We'd have an AWB within a week.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 11:24:29 AM »
Obama doesn't believe in rights....just gov't-granted priveleges to the "enlightened"....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

TexasRifleman

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 03:23:26 PM »
Obama doesn't believe in rights....just gov't-granted priveleges to the "enlightened"....

You mean, "The Arugala'd"  

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 12:12:38 PM »

I think we can make much better commercials than the NRA. 

With ease.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 05:33:31 PM »
Here's one of the best I've seen.  (courtesy of Flashbunny and Oleg kind permission to use one of his pics).  Unfortunately, it isn't airing on TV here in the People's Republic (lack o' funds).

http://www.illinoiscarry.com/betteroffdead-ILcc.swf
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.