Author Topic: Europe wants US to save it?  (Read 9842 times)

ArmedBear

• friend
Europe wants US to save it?
« on: September 30, 2008, 10:06:02 AM »
DELETED: see below due to strange app behavior.Smiley

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Europe wants US to save it?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 10:07:19 AM »
Not politics.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

ArmedBear

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 10:09:45 AM »
After bashing us in every way, and the EU stopping just short of claiming that "we will bury you", now they want us to save them?

"The US must take its responsibilities in this situation, must show statesmanship for the sake of their own companies and for the sake of the world," European Commission spokesman Johannes Laitenberger said.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080930121824.24k1fx4j&show_article=1

FOAD is my opinion -- and all of my relatives besides my parents live in Europe.

Lead this, Johannes. Tax your own people some more. We really don't need you. Where's your new economic superpower now, beeyotch? cheesy

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 12:19:25 PM »
I say we give them the bail-out, if they agree to fully support us in every current and future foreign policy decision for the next fifty years, quit whining about our use of the death penalty, and then let Germany go ahead and finish off France.  They've been getting on our nerves for at least the past fifty years. 

And Mike Irwin's choice signature line applies very well here. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 12:25:47 PM »
After bashing us in every way, and the EU stopping just short of claiming that "we will bury you", now they want us to save them?

"The US must take its responsibilities in this situation, must show statesmanship for the sake of their own companies and for the sake of the world," European Commission spokesman Johannes Laitenberger said.

FOAD is my opinion -- and all of my relatives besides my parents live in Europe.

Lead this, Johannes. Tax your own people some more. We really don't need you. Where's your new economic superpower now, beeyotch? cheesy

I read that article and it appears the ENTIRE WORLD is moaning in agony over our subprime housing market?

And they've only injected less than $100B dollars in an attempt to correct it, but expect us to pop in $700 Billion?

FOAD is quite appropriate for this situation, IMO.

BOATIUTA might also fit.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 01:01:15 PM »

LMAO  laugh 

FOAD indeed. 

The Euroweenies burned up all of their "PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE COME SAVE US"  Tickets last century.   angry

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 01:09:28 PM »

LMAO  laugh 

FOAD indeed. 

The Euroweenies burned up all of their "PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE COME SAVE US"  Tickets last century.   angry
Heh.  I think Europe owes us a please-come-save-us favor.  I think we should make European taxpayers pay for the $700billion bailout.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 02:25:49 PM »
Big time.

I have a thought.  They send us a pile of cash, and we trade them Barry.  We can use the extra scratch, and they all LOVE Obama over there. 

Win Win situation. Then they can elect him head mucky muck of the European Union and everyone will be happy.  Money's no issue for them, they can just raise taxes.

Except fistful.  laugh

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 05:25:38 PM »
Big Jake, I never would have guessed it, but I think you've finally shown us the leadership we've all been longing for.  Is it too late to get Jake elected? 

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 05:50:05 PM »
Someone on BBC was apparently calling for global control of financial markets, because ours messed up theirs.

Yeah, go ahead and try that. Just decouple Europe, go back to potatoes and you'll be all set.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 06:53:12 PM »
Big Jake, I never would have guessed it, but I think you've finally shown us the leadership we've all been longing for.  Is it too late to get Jake elected? 

laugh

While it would be fun to be supreme ruler president, I do believe the existing parties would come to a non partisan agreement in record time, and have me impeached and exiled so fast it would make your head spin.

'priciate your support though :p

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 07:58:04 AM »

laugh

While it would be fun to be supreme ruler president, I do believe the existing parties would come to a non partisan agreement in record time, and have me impeached and exiled so fast it would make your head spin.

Before they toss you out, can you get us the gear (ships/boats, aircraft, arms and ammo) we need to hunt pirates ?? 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2008, 09:27:11 AM »

laugh

Before they toss you out, can you get us the gear (ships/boats, aircraft, arms and ammo) we need to hunt pirates ?? 

Or even just a good old fashioned Letter of Marque?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2008, 09:35:41 AM »

Congress issues these.

The President CAN however err divert a pile of shiny through executive order.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2008, 12:15:56 PM »
Congress issues these. 

Not lately.   laugh

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2008, 12:17:09 PM »
Congress issues these. 

Not lately.   laugh

It can, Constitutionally.

It was last discussed in 2001.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2008, 12:17:39 PM »
Congress issues these. 

Not lately.   laugh

I want one. If I see a leftist trying to take away people's rights, I want to be able to show it, and then redistribute their wealth by taking their wallet and handing out the contents to everyone around.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2008, 12:20:21 PM »
Well then, I'll settle for all of APS being deputized as US Marshalls.

If we can't get letters of Marque, then we can at least rip around on quads down on the border, shootin' and hollarin' and scaring the bejeezus out of everyone down there.
--Lysander Spooner

freedom lover

• resident high school student
  • "Who is the Coon?"
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2008, 12:24:50 PM »
Sounds good.

I want an mp5-10 and a Hummer!

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2008, 12:38:54 PM »
Can Do  cool

Everybody give me a list, and I'll get to the APS rearmament act of 09' just after I finish signing your letters of marque and whacking  the NFA, GCA, and ATF.  And then finish the list placing a $100,000 bounty on the heads of most of our elected politicians, a handful of activists, all militant eviroweenies, PETA, and any other various and sundry international leaders that piss me off.  laugh

Oh, and my bounty system will be far more effective in fixing our current problems than any $700 billion bailout, and cost much less    shocked

freedom lover

• "Who is the Coon?"
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2008, 01:01:08 PM »
In that case I'd like 20 LAWs, an RPG-7, a Milkor MGL, 10,000 assorted flashbangs and grenades, a Stryker, a card that lets me fill up on fuel for free, A B2 Spirit, a Learjet with a hidden bomb-bay, 2 MG3s, 2 Fn Minimis, 5 Stoner LMGs, an M240, 4 of everything HK and the Spaniards made that was roller locked, a P7, a 4 of everything Sig-Saur ever made, all models and calibers of Uzis, 15 120mm mortars, 15 80 mm mortars, an M1 Abrams, an F-22, 10 155mm howitzers, a Barret, 19 M16A1s, 20 FALs, 35 M14's, 20 light and heavy SCARs, a nuclear sub, a battleship, 10 F14s, 40 custom 1911's, 10 of everything S and W ever made, 50 Garands, 30 M1 carbines, 8 Accuracy International sniper rifles, 9 of everything Ruger ever made, 19 of everthing Colt ever made, 10 of every type of AK or clone ever made, some VSS Vintorezs, 12 PKM's, a 3 Bizons, and some Daisys cutters.

And of course: ammo for everything, a castle and and a huge bunker with a garage to put it all in.

And finally: everything I ask for in the future, please.

TexasRifleman

• friend
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2008, 01:03:17 PM »
If we can't get letters of Marque, then we can at least rip around on quads down on the border, shootin' and hollarin' and scaring the bejeezus out of everyone down there.

Dear Lord, where do I sign up Smiley

I'm sitting on all this South African .308 and it's just going bad sitting in the closet.....

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2008, 01:05:35 PM »

Dear Lord, where do I sign up Smiley

I'm sitting on all this South African .308 and it's just going bad sitting in the closet.....

GIVE ME SOME! I'LL TAKE IT! grin

SA is good FAL food. They like it a lot!

freedom lover

• "Who is the Coon?"
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2008, 01:07:05 PM »
Add to that an extra 40 RPG-7s and a card that gets me free ammo.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2008, 01:12:41 PM »
I miss SA .308.

All i've got left is german stuff.   prejavascript:void(0); =(tty good, but I liked SA.  FAL ate me out of house and home  sad