Author Topic: Government computers used to get "Joe the Plumbers" information  (Read 3473 times)

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
Government computers used to get "Joe the Plumbers" information
« on: October 25, 2008, 01:38:25 PM »
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/25/report-government-computers-used-information-joe-plumber/

Why the heck isn't anyone talking about this??  This could be a game-changer, yet I'm not seeing ANYTHING about it ANYWHERE.

Ohio officials are investigating whether government computer systems were illegally accessed to acquire personal information about "Joe the Plumber," The Columbus Dispatch reports.

Public records requested by The Dispatch reveal information on Samuel Joseph Wurzelbacher's driver's license or his sport-utility vehicle was pulled from the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles database.

Information on Wurzelbacher was obtained on Oct. 17 through an account used by the Cuyahoga County Child Support Enforcement Agency in Cleveland, The Dispatch reported records as showing.

Access to such information from BMV computers is restricted to legitimate law enforcement and government business.

The Dispatch reported that information on Wurzelbacher was accessed by accounts assigned to the office of Ohio Attorney General Nancy H. Rogers, the Cuyahoga County Child Support Enforcement Agency and the Toledo Police Department.

It has not been determined who checked on Wurzelbacher, or why, The Dispatch reported.

The investigation could become "criminal in nature," attorney general's office spokeswoman Jennifer Brindisi told The Dispatch.

Wurzelbacher expressed frustration over the incident.

"It upsets me greatly, to be honest with you," Wurzelbacher told FOX News' Neil Cavuto on Saturday. "For a private citizen to ask a question of his elected leaders and then turn around and get a proctology exam, that's just kind of wrong."
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: Government computers used to get "Joe the Plumbers" information
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 01:40:40 PM »
Do you really need to ask that question?

And consider it a preview. True Believers do work in those offices. If he wins, and you say ANYTHING about the Dear Leader other than adoration, expect the same.

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 01:45:45 PM »
Sounds a lot like GWB in the early part of the decade, doesn't it.

Even as someone that no longer supports McCain, this really pisses me off, and I hope to see people in jail for this sooner or later.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 01:48:52 PM »
Sounds a lot like GWB in the early part of the decade, doesn't it.

Uh...No? I do not recall anything Bush or his supporters did that even comes close. Care to enlighten us? Specifics, not vague Bush-bashing.

Even as someone that no longer supports McCain, this really pisses me off, and I hope to see people in jail for this sooner or later.

You will see people in jail.

People who speak out against Obama. Hate crime, you know.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 02:44:49 PM »
Not really politics in that nothing has been dredged up to show that this was done with a political motive.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 03:02:10 PM »
Not really politics in that nothing has been dredged up to show that this was done with a political motive.
I suppose there is a slight chance it could have just been curiosity. Still illegal.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 04:16:19 PM »
I think it's far more than a slight chance that it's curiosity.

Remember some months ago when some news agency reported that passport files for quite a few politicians and celebrities had been accessed, and that most of the hits were by interns and temp workers?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 05:30:18 PM »
Uh...No? I do not recall anything Bush or his supporters did that even comes close. Care to enlighten us? Specifics, not vague Bush-bashing. 

Valerie Elise Plame Wilson.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 05:46:10 PM »
someone used gov computers illegally to acess her info?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 06:33:48 PM »
someone used gov computers illegally to acess her info?

No.

Typical Dem response, though.

B..b....b...but BUSH...!

agricola

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 08:45:58 PM »
I think it's far more than a slight chance that it's curiosity.

Remember some months ago when some news agency reported that passport files for quite a few politicians and celebrities had been accessed, and that most of the hits were by interns and temp workers?

That should be reasonably easy to establish - one would just when the check was done, and when his name was well known.  If it is just curiosity then firings, if is not then firings and jailings.
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2008, 09:21:42 PM »
Valerie Elise Plame Wilson.

You think Colin Powell's butt-boy, Richard Armitage, qualifies as a "Bush supporter?"
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2008, 02:52:07 PM »
You think Colin Powell's butt-boy, Richard Armitage, qualifies as a "Bush supporter?"

The left seems to have forgotten (or thinks we have forgotten) that it was conclusively shown that Scooter Libby had nothing to do with the supposed outing of a spy, that turned out not to be an outing at all.

bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.