Author Topic: McCain Camp Mulls Whom to Blame if He Wins  (Read 1892 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
McCain Camp Mulls Whom to Blame if He Wins
« on: October 30, 2008, 09:38:36 PM »
from scrappleface.com
 =D

McCain Camp Mulls Whom to Blame if He Wins
by Scott Ott for ScrappleFace · 27 Comments

(2008-10-30) — While unnamed sources inside John McCain’s presidential campaign have reportedly decided to blame running mate Sarah Palin if the GOP ticket loses next week, a vigorous high-level debate rages on about whom to blame if Sen. McCain should defeat his Democrat rival.

“If McCain’s victorious, we’re really in a jam,” said one anonymous campaign strategist. “We don’t yet have a contingency plan for that. There’s bound to be a lot of finger-pointing, but in the highly-unlikely event that McCain-Palin wins, the media will demand answers and someone’s got to take the fall.”

“A McCain-Palin triumph would undermine the foundations of a political process established on push polling and professional image management,” the source said. “It would present the ominous specter that average Americans can do whatever they please in the privacy of the voting booth.”

Gov. Palin was not available for comment, according to a top McCain aide, having “gone rogue” for the afternoon.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

HankB

• friend
Re: McCain Camp Mulls Whom to Blame if He Wins
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 09:07:32 AM »
“If McCain’s victorious, we’re really in a jam,” said one anonymous campaign strategist. “We don’t yet have a contingency plan for that. There’s bound to be a lot of finger-pointing, but in the highly-unlikely event that McCain-Palin wins, the media will demand answers and someone’s got to take the fall.”
Why is this funny? Because, like all good humor, there has to be a grain of truth in there.

McCain will be peeved if he wins . . . after all, his actions over the past two months do suggest he's trying to throw the election.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 12:29:21 PM »
thanks Hank, I was thinking no one would comment.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 01:15:54 PM »
Well, somebody better have some answers, that's all I have to say!  :laugh:
Avoid cliches like the plague!

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 03:05:36 PM »
I'd blame it on Sarah Palin.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 03:11:53 PM »
Hell, they can blame me if they want...  :O
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 05:07:55 PM »
Uhhhhhhhh.....Fistful....Doh !!!

;/
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.