Author Topic: Voting Intimidation By Black Panthers In Philadelphia  (Read 4713 times)

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
Voting Intimidation By Black Panthers In Philadelphia
« on: November 04, 2008, 01:21:55 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCeD1RcJjAg

POSSIBLE voter intimidation by black panthers.  If this is true, wow.

freakazoid

• friend
Re: Voting Intimidation By Black Panthers In Philadelphia
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 01:26:45 PM »
The Black Panthers don't exist anymore. Would of been funny if there were literally two black panthers in front of the door,  :lol:
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 01:43:49 PM »
I would very much not be surprised if Farrakhan's Nation of Islam thugs were intimidating voters.

I'd say that'd call for the extinguisher-sized Fox Labs OC carried in a messenger bag when you go vote, if so. Get in my face? Why, that's assault. Enjoy your OC hosing.

Also, isn't that a weapon in Philly, them brandishing nightsticks?

Is this what the "civilian security force" will look like?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 03:14:06 PM by Manedwolf »

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 03:37:45 PM »
farrakhans boys don't play like that. after killing malcom they stuck to jacking thugs. and do a real fine job of it
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 03:49:14 PM »
The Black Panthers don't exist anymore.

Excerpted from:  http://www.blackpanther.org/newsalert.htm
There Is No New Black Panther Party: An Open Letter From the Dr. Huey P. Newton Foundation

In response from numerous requests from individual's seeking information on the "New Black Panthers," the Dr. Huey P. Newton Foundation issues this public statement to correct the distorted record being made in the media by a small band of African Americans calling themselves the New Black Panthers. As guardian of the true history of the Black Panther Party, the Foundation, which includes former leading members of the Party, denounces this group's exploitation of the Party's name and history. Failing to find its own legitimacy in the black community, this band would graft the Party's name upon itself, which we condemn.

The Klan doesn't exist, either.  The original Klan was put down in the nineteenth century, but new groups have claimed the title for their own, similar cause.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 04:47:55 PM »
I didn't see any mention on how they came about with the notion they were in fact Panther Party members.  Was it mentioned, was it assumed because he had a beret on their heads, did they have a shirt on or what? 

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 05:26:45 PM »
There's video out there.  I found it on Drudge.  They were wearing black clothing, with black berets.  I don't know if they identified themselves as Black Panthers, or not. 

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 05:28:27 PM »
its "the new black panthers"
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 05:29:19 PM »
There's video out there.  I found it on Drudge.  They were wearing black clothing, with black berets.  I don't know if they identified themselves as Black Panthers, or not. 

Well, if they show up again, I hope the cops show them how nightsticks ought to be used.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 07:51:10 PM »
Well, if they show up again, I hope the cops show them how nightsticks ought to be used.

Somewhere I read the cops showed up and arrested them hours ago.

Think it was instapundit.com, though it could have been snowflakesinhell.com.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 07:55:12 PM »
The cops did arrive.  I don't know if they arrested anybody, but the night stick seems to have been retired at least.

I heard an interview from later, and one of the "Black Panthers" was denying that anyone had brought a nightstick, even though the interviewer assured him he had video.  :D  Instead, he was badgering the good guy for having [horrors!] a video camera!

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2008, 07:57:15 PM »
No, no, not just arrested. They were trying to intimidate voters with nightsticks.

I wanted the police to show them how those are used by actual cops, as in proper takedown/restraint techniques that tend to be harmless, but rather painful.