Poll

Who is most responsible for the current unpopularity of the Republican party?

George W. Bush
George H.W. Bush
Dick Cheney
John McCain
the RNC
Other (identify)

Author Topic: Who's to blame for the current state of the GOP?  (Read 10864 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Who's to blame for the current state of the GOP?
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2008, 08:43:39 AM »
Bush is not a war monger.

We were still in a state of conflict with Iraq from the first gulf war when he took office.

Bush just decided the box we had Saddam in was about to fall apart due to double dealing backstabbing nature of our "allies" and that it was time to end the conflict by removing Saddam.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2008, 01:29:56 PM »
I'm sorry if I hijacked the thread.   =(
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2008, 02:48:31 PM »
What it means, Headless, is that your country is being run by a small swath of the uber-entitled and you and the rest of us are de facto peons being jerked around while we play at a pretend democratic Republic that stopped existing some time ago.

The Bushes are as big a part of this problem and the Clintons and Obama are just their political spawn.

No, Bush is not a warmonger, but that is only because he doesn't know where the real theaters of war are or how to engage them.  He enables the American Left, he throws sops to the internationalists, cozies up to the Saudis and the Chinese, both of whom can't be trusted, and fails to recognize that we are in a de facto war with Mexico.  No, you're right, he's no warmonger, but maybe he should be, while there's still time.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 10:31:25 AM by longeyes »
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2008, 12:20:36 AM »
Quote from: Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Jim boasted that this had been the most prosperous six months in Taggart history.  Listed as profit, on the glossy pages of his report to the stockholders, was the money he had not earned – the subsidies for empty trains; and the money he did not own – the sums that should have gone to pay the interest and the retirement of Taggart bonds, the debt which, by the will of Wesley Mouch, he had been permitted not to pay...

"You have always considered money-making as such an important virtue," Jim had said to [Dagny] with an odd half-smile.  "Well, it seems to me that I'm better at it than you are."

Any "Republican" that would have signed the "Equalization of Opportunity Bill" or "Anti-Dog-Eat-Dog Bill" is not only at fault for the current state of the GOP, but for the results of the bailout, the failure of Wall Street, and the collapse of American economy.

Why is that damned book so prophetic?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2008, 01:23:38 AM »
The stupid electorate.

John McCain, and those who gave him the primary.

The slavish electorate.

Big-Govt./Neocon Republican politicians, and those who nominated them.

The spineless electorate.

G. W. Bush.

The evil electorate.

The Media that told us that G. W. Bush, his associates and his policies were far, far worse than they actually were.

The holier-than-thou-my-vote-is-pure-and-useless, third party electorate.

Those conservative and libertarian stalwarts, who wasted no opportunity to cut Bush to pieces, regardless of what it would do to conservative unity, or to any hope that third-party types might vote for the Republican this year.

The gullible electorate.

The Media that built Obama into something more than just a freshman Senator with a radical background, out-to-lunch foreign/economic/RKBA/and-everything-else policies and a thorough-going lack of any accomplishments for anybody but himself. 

The ignorant electorate.

Those who mindlessly chanted the mantra of "Everybody should just go out and vote, it doesn't matter who you vote for, or whether you know Joe Biden from Joe the Plumber from Joe Stalin.  JUST GO VOTE, OR AMERICA WILL EXPLODE!!"

And fistful

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2008, 01:25:35 AM »
On second thought, what is the difference between Biden and Stalin? 

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2008, 10:08:43 AM »
On second thought, what is the difference between Biden and Stalin? 

About a 50 degree Fahrenheit temperature variance.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2008, 10:44:50 AM »
And:

Ted Kennedy

Pierre Trudeau

Jane Elliott

Justice Lewis Powell
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2008, 05:51:06 PM »
Big ups for knowing a Canadian Prime Minister.   =) 

The first time I read that, I was thinking Gary Trudeau. 

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2008, 03:16:36 AM »
Fistful?

yeah! why was his name left off the list?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2008, 03:25:16 AM »
anyway, I voted RNC because I smell a fix.
I always thought that primary voters who vote Republican are the most conservative, but they picked McCain?

Also, I think Soros was in the background fiddling the economy to screw things up.

Maybe if Rommney had gotten it...

It's too late now, the best we can hope for is a long shot removal of Obama before the electoral college due to his alleged illegal alien status.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2008, 05:58:51 AM »
Same guys that are to blame for the state of the Democrat party:
http://www.usconstitution.net/constframe.html

They expected a general outline with no real teeth to be enough, vastly overestimating the honor and patriotism of later generations.

If the Constitution spelled out in 250 pages or so what it attempts to summarize in just a few, and specified that any attempt to abuse or expand the powers it permitted the government should be treated as treason, none of the recent candidates would have had a chance at any elected office.  Most of them wouldn't even have the nerve to try, since any attempt at a power grab could end very badly for them.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 12:48:05 PM by KD5NRH »