Author Topic: SCOTUS wants to see Obama's Birth Certificate  (Read 64055 times)

taurusowner

Re: SCOTUS wants to see Obama's Birth Certificate
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2008, 11:55:32 PM »
I do agree with others that it's unlikely to be true simply for the fact that if it was, the Clintons would have found out.  I don't put any faith in the RNC and their alleged ability or even desire to dig up dirt on Obama.  I think the RNC's head is too far up their 6 to know how.  But the Clintons would have done anything to defeat Obama.  And if proving he's ineligible to be President were possible, the Clintons would have done so.  Never doubt the Clintons ability to cheat and destroy to get their way.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2008, 12:02:57 AM »
Who is left of his family that can dispute it? Mom, Dad, Grandmother?

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2008, 12:19:50 AM »
tell me again when the electoral college votes?
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2008, 01:49:43 AM »
I think some people will never be satisfied until they see video footage of Barack Obama being born, with a newspaper from Aug. 4, 1961 in the background along with a GPS unit confirming the location in Hawaii. Nah, that still probably wouldn't cut it.  ;/

Sort of like this picture,

:lol:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 02:45:24 AM by freakazoid »
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2008, 02:42:25 AM »
I think some people will never be satisfied until they see video footage of Barack Obama being born, with a newspaper from Aug. 4, 1961 in the background along with a GPS unit confirming the location in Hawaii. Nah, that still probably wouldn't cut it.  rolleyes

Probably. GPS wasn't invented in 1961 so the picture would be obviously fake. [/smart-aleck].
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

neviander

« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2008, 12:48:17 PM »
Nope.  Elected government officials neither require, nor are issued, security clearances.  They are granted access to sensitive information solely by position of their office.

More here:

http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=15604.0
Sheesh, does that strike anyone else as really screwed up?  That's a cut and dry case of "Do what I say, not what I do" coming from daddy government.
"be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves."

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2008, 12:56:06 PM »
Sheesh, does that strike anyone else as really screwed up?  That's a cut and dry case of "Do what I say, not what I do" coming from daddy government.

No, it doesn't.

Remember that the President is vested with his authority directly with We The People.

The majority of the American People decided, by their vote, that Barack Obama shall command the United States military in war, and while I may disagree with his positions, I do not think it is proper to have an unelected official, whether he wears a uniform or not, to deny rom Barack Obama information that may be necessary for him to carry out the duties of that office.

However much respect we may have for the sacrifice of the men in uniform (police or military) we must remember that they are not in charge. WE are in charge.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2008, 01:12:19 PM »
Werewolf,

I am aware of the citizenship process.  I am currently a US contractor in Korea whose son was born overseas.  I sat through the whole briefing by a state department representative explaining the process.  US citizens living here that are not under the SOFA agreement (Such as English teachers) are also entitled to the same Consular report of Birth Abroad that my son received which states that he acquired US citizenship at birth.  

According to what I am hearing, the rules may have been more strict back in the 60's.  This could be a problem for Obama if he was born in Kenya.  That however is a pretty big if.  

I'll have to check with Mrs Scout, but IIRC when she was a NICU nurse at Landstuhl in Germany, she used to have to give a speech to all the new mommys and daddys about what they had to do to ensure that little Johnny or Susie got their American Citizenship papers.  They were automatically German Citizens.....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2008, 01:23:08 PM »
I'll have to check with Mrs Scout, but IIRC when she was a NICU nurse at Landstuhl in Germany, she used to have to give a speech to all the new mommys and daddys about what they had to do to ensure that little Johnny or Susie got their American Citizenship papers.  They were automatically German Citizens.....

That's correct in Germany.  German law calls newborns German citizens if they are born in Germany, but you can still do the Consular Report of birth abroad so that the baby can obtain US citizenship at birth according to US law. 
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2008, 05:23:54 PM »
Just to muddy the waters, and I don't fully understand this, but we have a German neighbor who was born of German (Bavarian) parents in a hospital on an American military base and became an American citizen at birth.  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2008, 05:31:01 PM »
Aren't American bases and stuff considered American soil?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2008, 05:32:30 PM »
i've got a territorial birth certificate as does my sister. its sad but they confuse the clerks at some places. especially hers from wake island  
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2008, 05:35:41 PM »
Aren't American bases and stuff considered American soil?

Apparently so.  But I would have never imagined that foreign nationals having a baby on an overseas US military base would have inferred citizenship to the child. 

Never stop learning, I guess ...  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Eleven Mike

• friends
  • All your desert are belong to us.
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2008, 05:42:02 PM »
Remember that the President is vested with his authority directly with We The People.

The majority of the American People decided, by their vote, that Barack Obama shall command the United States military in war, and while I may disagree with his positions, I do not think it is proper to have an unelected official, whether he wears a uniform or not, to deny rom Barack Obama information that may be necessary for him to carry out the duties of that office.

The Pres. is elected by the Electoral College, not by popular vote.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2008, 05:44:17 PM »
I was born in 1974 in Iowa, in a hospital and delivered by a doctor. My certificate says record of live birth.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2008, 08:32:23 PM »
The Pres. is elected by the Electoral College, not by popular vote.

I know that, and that is a completely irrelevant point.

American public officials - all of them, but especially those elected - draw their power from The People.

86thecat

« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2008, 01:37:22 AM »
I do agree with others that it's unlikely to be true simply for the fact that if it was, the Clintons would have found out.  I don't put any faith in the RNC and their alleged ability or even desire to dig up dirt on Obama.  I think the RNC's head is too far up their 6 to know how.  But the Clintons would have done anything to defeat Obama.  And if proving he's ineligible to be President were possible, the Clintons would have done so.  Never doubt the Clintons ability to cheat and destroy to get their way.

Clintons couldn't publicly go against the Democratic Party, but it gets interesting if you check out the Berg connection and the Philadelphia lawsuit.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2008, 10:56:40 AM »

American public officials - all of them, but especially those elected - draw their power from The People.

I think that was repealed sometime in the '70's.......
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2008, 04:23:22 PM »
I know that, and that is a completely irrelevant point.

Not when your choices are between this and that, and other never gets a chance because the two parties pick this and that.

The realities of American politics are that as long as the people's choices are limited to those chosen by a power elite then power doesn't derive from the people and hasn't for a very, very long time.

At the local level that applies not so much - but at the national level...
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

ctdonath

• friend
« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2008, 05:26:43 PM »
tell me again when the electoral college votes?

Dec. 13, IIRC.
Now reading: The Unthinkable, The Age of Innocence
Recently read: 1491

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2008, 09:52:20 PM »
Well, I had to produce a birth certificate to get a drivers license, it looks like BO's COLB would be good enough ... if we could get an impartial view that is.

The Clintons knew but kept silent for chaos sake!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2008, 01:17:26 AM »
so If they declare him ineligible before the Electoral college votes

Would they vote on Biden vs McCain?
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2008, 02:18:03 AM »
Yup.  20th amendment:

If, at the time fixed for the beginning of the term of the President, the President elect shall have died, the Vice President elect shall become President. If a President shall not have been chosen before the time fixed for the beginning of his term, or if the President elect shall have failed to qualify, then the Vice President elect shall act as President until a President shall have qualified; and the Congress may by law provide for the case wherein neither a President elect nor a Vice President elect shall have qualified, declaring who shall then act as President, or the manner in which one who is to act shall be selected, and such person shall act accordingly until a President or Vice President shall have qualified.
So, Biden becomes president until somebody "qualifies" (whatever the hell that means).  Maybe we get a do-over of Hillary vs McCain later on, but Biden takes the oath in January.

I'm not sure how this is a good thing, since we get a moron in the white house AND Detroit, Chicago, LA, and part of New York burn to the ground...  but... uh... ok, not sure where I was going with that, but there's probably a downside I'm not seeing.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 02:27:14 AM by Azrael256 »

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2008, 02:27:15 AM »
It doesn't say how Congress would choose the new President elect if for some reason the current one and the Vice President elect weren't able to. It just says that they may by law choose the new one. What would they do? Could prove interesting.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2008, 02:46:48 AM »
Given the wording of azrael's quote, it seems that Congress could "provide" that Obama's citizenship notwithstanding, they still declare him President.

Though... my money is on the more typical succession chain and good old Nancy Pelosi "volunteering" herself as selflessly as possible.

Of course, since Biden qualifies but Obama might not... Biden would serve as President.  The only way Obama could become president would be a rapid Constitutional Amendment within the 4 years to allow for non-natural born citizens to serve as President.

Good luck on that one.

I'm kinda hoping that this falls out.  It would make for delicious gridlock.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!