Author Topic: SCOTUS wants to see Obama's Birth Certificate  (Read 63887 times)

oldfart

SCOTUS wants to see Obama's Birth Certificate
« on: November 09, 2008, 12:46:03 AM »
Shamelessly lifted from another board.  I hope it's worth it.

http://www.minionreport.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25378

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
Re: SCOTUS wants to see Obama's Birth Certificate
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 01:08:25 AM »
1)  Can't see it without registering at the board, so I'm going to have to fly blind here.

2)  Pretty sure whatever you linked to relates to a lawyer in PA filing a suit, wasn't even granted standing, and thrown out.

3)  Even if the lawyer had been granted standing it'd take well over a year for it to get to the SCOTUS and even that would be break-neck speed.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 01:09:32 AM »

Oldfart, that link didn't work for me.

I have been wondering about that, I went to obamacrimes.com & it didn't seem well thought out.
I heard about it on coast to coast AM which is kind of suspect...

Also about 5 years ago on coast to coast AM I heard that the anti christ would be coming soon, he would be black, a great speaker and unify the whole world "for peace" then commit genocide!

At the time I thought it was too crazy for words....now I wonder...
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 01:12:49 AM »
2)  Pretty sure whatever you linked to relates to a lawyer in PA filing a suit, wasn't even granted standing, and thrown out.

it wasn't granted standing by an Obama supporting Judge, he said he couldn't have standing because it wasn't up to the plaintiff to see if Obama was qualified ...Judge never got around to birth cert.

personally it sounds crazy, but if true (Obama is illegal like his Aunt) it would be a real hoot!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 03:15:40 AM »
At this point, Supreme Court Justice David Souter's Clerk informed Philip J. Berg, the lawyer who brought the case against Obama, that his petition for an injunction to stay the November 4th election was denied, but the Clerk also required the defendants to respond to the Writ of Certiorari (which requires the concurrence of four Justices) by December 1. At that time, Mr. Obama must present to the Court an authentic birth certificate, after which Mr. Berg will respond.

If Obama fails to do that, it is sure to inspire the skepticism of the Justices, who are unaccustomed to being defied. They will have to decide what to do about a president-elect who refuses to prove his natural-born citizenship.

"I can see a unanimous Court (en banc) decertifying the election if Obama refuses to produce his birth certificate," says Raymond S. Kraft, an attorney and writer. "They cannot do otherwise without abandoning all credibility as guardians of the Constitution. Even the most liberal justices, however loathe they may to do this, still consider themselves guardians of the Constitution. The Court is very jealous of its power - even over presidents, even over presidents-elect."

http://www.rightsidenews.com/200811072518/editorial/america-the-beautiful.html
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

A.M. Baer

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 03:45:42 AM »
So, if I am to understand that quote right Microbalrog, does this mean that the SCOTUS has officially required that Obama prove his natural-born citizenship by December?

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 04:14:18 AM »
So, if I am to understand that quote right Microbalrog, does this mean that the SCOTUS has officially required that Obama prove his natural-born citizenship by December?

I've no idea what i t means. I posted it verbatim, so that people with a bigger clue than me could comment.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 08:01:00 AM »
I doubt that there's anything wrong with Obama's citizenship.....if there were, Hillary would have hammered him to putty on it....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

eyebrows

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 08:15:13 AM »
I doubt that there's anything wrong with Obama's citizenship

But you have to wonder why this guy, the president elect, is not doing anything to clear this up.
I am suspicious what the deal really is simply because he hasn't produced his birth certificate(which should be easy for him to do if it's legit). This many people questioning the president elect about this and he doesn't make an effort to clear it up???
Sounds a little sketchy to me.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 08:29:48 AM »
But you have to wonder why this guy, the president elect, is not doing anything to clear this up.
I am suspicious what the deal really is simply because he hasn't produced his birth certificate(which should be easy for him to do if it's legit). This many people questioning the president elect about this and he doesn't make an effort to clear it up???

Why should he?  Its gained no, zero, zilch traction with the MSM.  The average American doesn't even know its an issue, or has heard a few rumblings from right wing talk radio about it and written it off as tin-foil-hattery.  Just by acknowledging it he'd give the issue traction. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

agricola

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2008, 08:41:42 AM »
Why should he?  Its gained no, zero, zilch traction with the MSM.  The average American doesn't even know its an issue, or has heard a few rumblings from right wing talk radio about it and written it off as tin-foil-hattery.  Just by acknowledging it he'd give the issue traction. 

Perhaps, though it would have gained no traction at all if he had just offered it up earlier.  Now it appears that the SC are involved, and the media are that much more likely to cover it.
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2008, 09:03:17 AM »
So, what would happen if it turns out he wasn't eligible for being elected? Biden becomes President by default, or would they have to re-do the entire election? Or would they quietly change the law?
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2008, 09:09:18 AM »
Can't change the law anytime soon.

It's a stipulation in the Constitution, and would require an amendment to change it.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2008, 09:22:51 AM »
So, what would happen if it turns out he wasn't eligible for being elected? Biden becomes President by default, or would they have to re-do the entire election? Or would they quietly change the law?

I for one would be profoundly depressed, knowing that the funniest thing I will ever see in my life will have already taken place.
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2008, 09:24:39 AM »
At the very minimum, you'd see some ugly elf riots all across the country.

Nearly 97% of elves supported Obama...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2008, 09:28:31 AM »
Can't change the law anytime soon.

It's a stipulation in the Constitution, and would require an amendment to change it.
Which would require what, 75% of the states voting "Aye" to change it?
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

ronnyreagan

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2008, 09:29:18 AM »

The problem isn't that he hasn't done anything to clear it up, it's that people who are crazy enough to believe it will never be satisfied. If you do a google search for it, the first two results show the certificate, the third one is insisting it's a forgery.
You have to respect the president, whether you agree with him or not.
Obama, however, is not the president since a Kenyan cannot legally be the U.S. President ;/

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2008, 09:30:13 AM »
A proposed amendment has to gain 2/3rds support in both the House and the Senate, after which it is sent to the states. 75% of the states have to approve the amendment for it to take effect.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2008, 09:31:32 AM »
"it's that people who are crazy enough to believe it will never be satisfied."

Oh come now, that's not true!

Everyone is now 100% satisfied that it WAS muslim hijackers who flew the planes on 9/11 and not George Bush clones.  :laugh:

eyebrows

• friend
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2008, 10:40:05 AM »
The problem isn't that he hasn't done anything to clear it up, it's that people who are crazy enough to believe it will never be satisfied.

I would be satisfied if he produced a birth certificate and the Supreme Court accepted it. It seems a simple and prudent thing to do.  Anything else screams "somethings not right!", but maybe my tinfoil hat is cutting off circulation again.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2008, 11:20:47 AM »
The state of Hawaii has accepted and certified his birth certificate.

Since it's up to the states to take care of records like that, why should it be a concern for Diana and the Supremes?

eyebrows

• friend
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2008, 11:54:49 AM »
Since it's up to the states to take care of records like that, why should it be a concern for Diana and the Supremes?
Because he's the president elect and this is a legitimate question. And most importantly because he is not being completely transparent about this.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2008, 11:56:39 AM »
De-certify the Election?--what a concept!

This is the same court that can't figure out where to hold the line on alien enemy combatants and came that close to jettisoning the Second Amendment.

They are Justices but they aren't fools.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

oldfart

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2008, 12:17:56 PM »
Mike, the problem here is that he may not have Hawaiian Birth Certificate, only a Certificate of Live Birth.  In the late 50's and early 60's Hawaii had a large influx of Asian immigrants who had been born in mud huts in the jungle.  Parents could and would go to the State offices, fill out a form stating their child had been born on such and such a date, swear to it and thus record that birth.  Obama's sister was undeniably born in Indonesia, yet she too has a Hawaiin Certificate of Live Birth (COLB) just like the one we've been shown with her brother's name on it.

Example:  I was born in Portland, Oregon on a couch in the living room of a house that no longer exists.  There was a doctor in attendence and he signed two Birth Certificates.  One he gave to my mother (I now have it) and the other he forwarded to the County who duly recorded it before forwarding it on to the State.  The State microfilmed it (eventually) and then filed it somewhere.  I can go to the State office building here in Portland, fill out a request, pay $15 and get a COLB that doesn't look anything like the one in my safe-- no signature, no footprints, no coffee stains.  It doesn't even give the address of the house I was born in.  As a matter of fact, it looks much like the one palmed off on us as Obama's COLB.

What we need - and what the Supreme Court is now demanding - is the one with the coffee stains.  Considering the importance of the question I don't think it is an unreasonable demand.  

There are several ways this can come out.  He could simply furnish a certified copy and this would all blow over.  He could dig in his heels and refuse in which case the SC would have a choice to make:  Either invalidate the election or prevent the Electoral College from voting.  If they take either of those routes we can truly expect to see "blood in the streets" and they know it.  Rather than tear the country apart, they may choose to compromise in some way that would hopefully placate those of us who feel our Constitution has been shat upon.  I can't even imagine what such a compromise would look like.  Perhaps his head on a pole would buy most of us off but some would still clamor for more.

We certainly live in interesting times, don't we?

ronnyreagan

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2008, 12:38:41 PM »
His certificate was released on his website and many others. How is that "not being completely transparent"? In addition to that Health Department Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino said Friday she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama's original birth certificate.

I think some people will never be satisfied until they see video footage of Barack Obama being born, with a newspaper from Aug. 4, 1961 in the background along with a GPS unit confirming the location in Hawaii. Nah, that still probably wouldn't cut it. :rolleyes:
You have to respect the president, whether you agree with him or not.
Obama, however, is not the president since a Kenyan cannot legally be the U.S. President ;/