Author Topic: HOW TO SPEAK ABOUT WOMEN AND BE POLITICALLY CORRECT:  (Read 9153 times)

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
HOW TO SPEAK ABOUT WOMEN AND BE POLITICALLY CORRECT:
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2005, 03:00:51 PM »
Aw, that wasn't so bad...I have minimal singeing around the edges is all.

Cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2005, 03:03:08 PM »
I've also had a 1/2 a glass of wine. Wait till morning when I'm good and cranky and see what happens!

grampster

• friend
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2005, 03:19:00 PM »
kjlkajdslkfj  kruigbhiic  fakl; m';ak jsyt;iuvkk lls' kjf;w
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

280plus

• friend
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2005, 03:34:51 PM »
Well then there's only one cure for that...MORE WINE!!

Cheesy

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2005, 03:37:15 PM »
I don't even like wine. Sad

I've been trying to drink it for health reasons but it tastes a lot like I imagine worn socks would.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2005, 03:52:24 PM »
Hmmm, sounds like you're drinking the wrong wine. Got any local wineries? Usually that's where you can find some good stuff. Plus they usually give you a chance to try a few so you can see if there's any you like. Most of the generic stuff you find in the store is crapola. Filled with preservatives and such. Local wine usually is more on the pure side.

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2005, 03:54:07 PM »
Well...

Barbara's post confirms it. I am not a "typical male".  Okay, I am not "typical" anything.

I don't like cats, I admit that. I do like dogs, I spoil dogs and they me.

Grocery store:  I keep a list of stuff I use up during the week. I  do not wait until I am completely "bare fridge and cupboard". Yes I have gotten in the mood for something or found a recipe and planned ahead to have the stuff to make it.

Noticed the eyes of a lady toward something of interest, listened to her mentioning something, taken note of a page opened in a catalog - and without the  gift giving day  dealie - just bought it and surprised her with it for no apparent reason.

Yes I have taken a Precriptives Eyebrown pencil into the Cosmetic Getting Store, " Hi, I need another one just like this one" , bought it and surprised a lady. Done that with other items from the 437 other assorted items in the bathroom too...

I look at the Cosemetic counter, or wherever and peruse, read labels, and overhear conversations...I learn. So when asked if I have seen her Item # 247..."yeah sure - It is  behind the Eyebrow Curler, Curling Iron, and the shell shaped dish with the scented Lilac soaps".

I am the  only guy I know that bought his gal a brand new for her own use, ...l-o-n-g tool getter, you know the one with retractable claws. Yep sure did. Earrings and whatever will find a toliet, or end up the far reaches of a bathroom, especially  when in a hurry, and all dressed up, make-up on. Saves getting hands wet, runs in hose, and all sorts of other things. Only gal I knew that was so appreciative and shared with her lady friends. "Honey...do you recommend Home Depot or Sears...I'm going to be late...some ladies are going to get one them 'earring getters' and I said I would go with them to point it out..."  Explains why Sears had a run on those one night...

I bet Barbara does not have one of these...bet she gets one. Wink

Then again  I have never figured out how to get a dog to mop a floor. I mean I have tried, had the gal  even assist with this training. Makes for a fun evening with a dog, two adults laughing , and a mop with a 12" handle...
The dog just wants to hold onto to mop part and be pulled around in circles...floor gets kinda mopped, and yes the disposable camera takes great pics of this...

It was snowing, the dog tracked in...fireplace going, and well...something to do.

Typical - not me.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2005, 04:19:38 PM »
Wouldn't you just tie the mop to the dog's tail and do happy things to it so it wags his/her tail?

Sounds like something that should involve good local wine. IMHO anyways...

Wink

grampster

• friend
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2005, 04:33:02 PM »
Winter White.  Leelanau Farms, I believe is the winery.  nice sweet white wine.
Local Meijer may have it.  Sam's Club usually has it.  Pretty blue bottle.  Nice for kitchen accents after polishing it off.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2005, 04:38:17 PM »
Nope, Cold Sober - me, her and the dog.

Dog just wants to chew on the handle.  

Err...short handle for a reason, right handy size on the small mops for cleaning stuff. Longer part gets a hook screwed into it so you can reach the attic access easier.  

Mop part also reminds dog of a toy he has...just with a handle the adults can keep a holt on better to play tug a war, or be pulled around.

Kinda explains why we went to a sponge mop for most mopping. Nothing like a dog doing the mad dash into a floor being mopped...skidding into cabinets , getting no traction with paws, and bouncing into the cotton mop. Once he has hold - he ain't letting go. It is play time..."whaddya mean using my mop to actually mop a floor".

Wife comes home...

"Honey"
"Yes dear'
"Why does the Dog smell like Simple Green?"
"Because I mopped the Floor".
"What has that got to do with the dog smelling like Simple Green?'
"He helped"
"Oh...OH!"

Wife exits room laughing so hard she pees herself...

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2005, 06:39:57 PM »
"Women talk about one thing in the locker -- sex. And not in abstract terms, either. They are extremely graphic and technical, and they never lie."

Barbara knows what she's talking about.

Touche', Barbara.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2005, 07:38:17 PM »
Ha!  Good stuff, all of it.

I'm priviledged.  My girl was raised in a family of two men, no female influences whatsoever.  

She owns exactly three pairs of shoes, she doesn't wear makeup, she doesn't understand the point of gossiping or going to the bathroom in a herd.  She doesn't get moody or hold a grudge and expect me to "know" that she's pissed - if she's pissed she'll tell me straight up.  She understands the deeper significance of the Colts being 6-0 this season.  She has absolutely no self esteem issues.

I figure she's just about perfect:  beautiful, female, and easy to get along with!

Tongue

Winston Smith

• friends
  • Cheaper than a locksmith
    • My Photography
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2005, 07:51:21 PM »
Does she have a sister?
Jack
APS #22
I'm eighteen years old. I know everything and I'm invincible.
Right?

natedog

• friend
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2005, 09:36:54 PM »
"3. He does not GET LOST ALL THE TIME. He INVESTIGATES  ALTERNATIVE DESTINATIONS. "

Sadly true.

Seymour Skinner

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2005, 12:07:40 AM »
The "instamatic" reference tells me it was either written by a woman who doesn't know the instamatic hasn't been made for many years, OR was written in the 80's.

Maturity: Most 17-year old females can function as adults.
Now I know this was written by a woman, (probably a single one) because as any of you know who have daughters, that is 100% the opposite of the truth.  What's funny, is teenage girls BELIEVE that to such an extent that sometimes they convince their moms (and even dads) of that B.S.

Offspring:
Ah, children. A woman knows all about her children. She knows about dentist appointments and soccer games and romances and best friends and favorite foods and secret fears and hopes and dreams.

A man is vaguely aware of some short people living in the house.
I would expect to hear this one uttered at the bingo parlor by Mavis and Blanche, whose husband died in 1962 and their kids never come to visit them at the home.

Menopause in a man provokes a uniform reaction -- he buys aviator glasses, a snazzy French cap and leather driving gloves, and goes shopping for a Porsche.
This one's from the realms of the clueless who watch too much T.V. (the source of the porche reference) and could benefit from a refresher in biology 101.

Eating out:
When the check comes, Mike, Dave, Rob and Jack will each throw in $20 bills, even though it's only for $22.50. None of them will have anything smaller, and none will actually admit they want change back.
This one is nonsensical (besides being 180 degrees from reality).  Women tend to make some of their generalizations based on something they saw one man do ONE TIME.  They tell their girlfriends, who will agree with ANYTHING critical of men and then it becomes gospel.  Since most men are afraid to correct women, these women go years (or a lifetime) believing it's true.  This notion that guys will start "throwing" in $20s, won't admit they want their change back, and don't carry $10s, $5s, or $1s is from the bizarro universe.

Toys:
Little girls love to play with toys. Then when they reach the age of 11 or 12, they lose interest.

Men never grow out of their obsession with toys. As they get older, their toys simply become more expensive and silly and impractical. Examples of men's toys: little miniature TV's. Car phones. Complicated juicers and blenders. Graphic equalizers. Small robots that serve cocktails on command. Video games. Anything that blinks, beeps, and requires at least 6 "D" batteries to operate.
Uh huh, that must be why women don't like to go shopping, because they hate toys so much rolleyes .  More proof that when women try to use the power of generalizations, they make a few good observations, but also have frequent negligent discharges.  The "car phones" reference maybe was true in 1987, but is ironically hysterical nowadays that every double X chromosome is walking around with a cell phone surgically bolted to her head.  The monthly bill for that "toy" cell phone for most women would buy me new tools for my woodshop over the course of a year.

As if it wasn't already obvious that the list was originally written by an old single bitty, the "D batteries" reference in a section about how ONLY men love their "toys" had me rolling. Cheesy

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2005, 12:23:32 AM »
Yea, usually I don't much care of anything that makes generalizations, because then we get put into pigeon-holes and I don't fit in a lot of those. Usually bad for everyone, men and women.

Sometimes they're pretty damned funny though.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2005, 03:22:41 AM »
I read it all through again, funny stuff Barb. Here's one I can relate to:
Maturity:Women mature much faster than men. Most 17-year old females can function as adults.
Heck, I watched a 10 yo "girl" a few days ago you woulda thought was a 30 yo midget.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2005, 04:28:07 AM »
A man waits till the only items left in his fridge are half a lime and a beer. Then he goes grocery shopping. He buys everything that looks good. By the time a man reaches the checkout counter, his cart is packed tighter than the Clampett's car on Beverly Hillbillies. Of course, this will not stop him from going to the 10-items-or-less lane.
True, except for the "wait till nothing is left" part. It also forgot to mention that we NEVER EVER NEVER use coupons. Also the reason we can go to the "10 items or less" lane is because we don't talk in line and we pay cash, so we get through faster than the woman with 8 items, a story, a checkbook, and coupons.  Tongue Cheesy

There should be a "men only" line at the store instead of a 10 items or less one. Tongue

Actually, stores would do well to completely change their design. One half of the store should be for women and have the fruits, vegetables, other nutritious items, and friendly cashiers. The other half of the store would be designed like a racetrack in a horseshoe shape. The track would be layed out with the following items from start to finish: Milk, doughnuts, soda, beef jerky, red meat, beer, and kid's cereal. This would allow the man to grab breakfast, lunch, dinner, and evening snack in the correct order without needing a list. He would then proceed to the computerized self-serve checkout to pay for everything. Smiley
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2005, 07:26:13 AM »
Quote from: Winston Smith
Does she have a sister?
Nope.  She was raised entirely by men.  That's how she grew up to be a person and not a woman. Cheesy

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2005, 07:33:46 AM »
Quote from: 280plus
I read it all through again, funny stuff Barb. Here's one I can relate to:
Maturity:Women mature much faster than men. Most 17-year old females can function as adults.
Heck, I watched a 10 yo "girl" a few days ago you woulda thought was a 30 yo midget.
I've known plenty of "adult" women who couldn't even muster the maturity expected from 17 year olds.  Imagine a schoolgirl with a Mastercard, a princess complex, and birth control...  Shocked

280plus

• friend
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2005, 08:21:19 AM »
Imagine a schoolgirl with a Mastercard, a princess complex, and birth control...
ok now you're scaring me... (runs screaming from room flailing hands in air)

Cheesy

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/sylvilagus
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2005, 05:30:36 PM »
Isn't that Paris Hilton?

Regards,
Rabbit.
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein

thorn

• friend
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2005, 12:21:17 PM »
i saw it as a joke until i got to here
 >>>He is not a BAD  DANCER - He is OVERLY CAUCASIAN<<<<<

nothing to do with men or women, just a cheap piece of racist BS.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2005, 03:49:14 PM »
Funny stuff!  I was raised in an all male family ('cept mom of course) and now I'm in a house full of females.  The Mars vs. Venus thing is reality.  
I have to comment on the camera thing though.  My wife, mother-in-law, and sister in-laws all don't seem to understand that what you see in the viewfinder is the image you end up with.  I have yet to see a centered pic containing all the needed body parts. And yes, they do always use those throw away cameras. Hmmmm... whose torso and right arm is this at the beach?  
But that might explain why most women aren't into shooting and believe that simply pointing a gun and pulling the trigger will wipe out a threat.  LOL