Author Topic: Chambliss: Palin 'allowed us to peak'  (Read 2103 times)

Desertdog

• friends
Chambliss: Palin 'allowed us to peak'
« on: December 03, 2008, 01:06:30 PM »
Anybody think the MSM will say this?  Don't hold your breath.  I actually doubt if Fox News Cannel will mention it.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1208/16162.html

Fresh off his runoff victory Tuesday night, Georgia Republican Sen. Saxby Chambliss credited Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin with firing up his base.

“I can't overstate the impact she had down here,” Chambliss said during an interview Wednesday morning on Fox News.

“When she walks in a room, folks just explode,” he added. “And they really did pack the house everywhere we went. She's a dynamic lady, a great administrator, and I think she's got a great future in the Republican Party.”

Chambliss said that after watching her campaign on his behalf at several events Monday, he does not see her star status diminishing within the party.

The Republican also thanked John McCain and the other big name Republicans that came to Georgia, but said Palin made the biggest impact.

“We had John McCain and Mike Huckabee and Gov. Romney and Rudy Giuliani, but Sarah Palin came in on the last day, did a fly-around and, man, she was dynamite,” he said. “We packed the houses everywhere we went. And it really did allow us to peak and get our base fired up.”

But as Chambliss heaped praise on Palin and other big-ticket Republicans that came to Georgia on his behalf, he questioned why President-elect Barack Obama would not use his star power to aid his Democratic opponent Jim Martin.

“I have no idea why he didn't come down,” Chambliss said.

“His people were here. His organization was here,” he added. “They really did a good job in the general election of turning out people. And whatever their game plan was this time, if he had been here, I have no idea whether it would have worked better.”

longeyes

• friend
Re: Chambliss: Palin 'allowed us to peak'
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 01:17:09 PM »
Give her four years to polish her act, to adjust her message. She will be more formidable.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 01:41:09 PM »
To a lot of people, that won't matter.  They will listen to the MSM's cheap shots and believe it. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 02:10:26 PM »
To a lot of people, that won't matter.  They will listen to the MSM's cheap shots and believe it. 
It'll matter to the people that matter. 

Simply put, politics belongs to the people who show up.  Palin gets people to show up.

No amount of mindless MSM-deluded sheeple can overpower a solid, active, energized political base.

Think about the recent election.  McCain was the darling of the great unwashed middle ground.  He was right where the MSM said he should be, going after the spineless independent, undecided voters.  McCain lost soundly.  The only time McCain had a lead was right after he announced Palin for veep, when had her take center stage at the convention.  For a few days he had a solid, energized, active base.  But then McCain buried Palin, took her out of the spotlight.  The activism and excitement withered, his lead evaporated.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 02:16:04 PM by Headless Thompson Gunner »

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 03:08:04 PM »
He was right where the MSM said he should be, going after the spineless independent, undecided voters.  McCain lost soundly.

Yep. McCain is the New York Times' kind of so-called "Republican." It's no accident he was beloved by the national leftist extremist so-called "news" media.

Yall don't run no candidate, yall ain't gonna win no elections. Hard to figure out, ain't it?
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 03:15:26 PM »

I don't know whether to congratulate the man or tell him to take a cold shower.... ;)

Wonder why he didn't want McCain or Bush stumping for him?....  :rolleyes:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 03:24:12 PM »
My coworker went to see her in Augusta. She did very well...I wanted to go, but had to go to school.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Desertdog

• friends
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 03:50:06 PM »
Give her four years to polish her act, to adjust her message. She will be more formidable.

As corrected;
Give her four years to polish her act, to adjust polish her message. She will be more formidable.