Author Topic: Gun Company (H-S Precision) hires thug/murderer LON HORIUCHI as spokeperson  (Read 27401 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2138289/posts

Get out the popcorn and pull up a chair.  We're going to have a chance to see a company "Zumbo-ed" - but I doubt there will be any chance of them redeeming themselves.

The comments are pretty much what one would expect.  I wish more folks had indicated they emailed the company and expressed how they felt about the decision to hire Horiuchi.

stay safe.

skidmark

If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
did they hire him?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
I understood they simply printed a glowing testimonial from him on the back of their catalog.

I cannot conceive of who in marketing thought that would be a good idea.

In some cases, in some communities, there is such a thing as bad press.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

• friends
sadly not everyone remembers   
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

Body of email sent to H-S Precision (info@hsprecision.com):

"The Federal agent who shot Vicki Weaver in the face, deliberately, while she was unarmed and holding her child is named Lon Horiuchi. Remember that name. He is still walking around loose. That man must eventually pay for his crime, here or hereafter. Lon Horiuchi."
----Jeff Cooper

I included the words of Jeff Cooper because it seems you have forgotten what Mr. Horiuchi did, as is evidenced by your employment of the man (or merely his endorsement) as "FBI Program Manager & COTR."

A scan of your catalog can be found here, with Mr. Horiuchi's name and his title at your company toward the bottom.
http://www.angelqueen.org/images/misc/hs_precision.jpg

Since you do not hold the killing of innocent women against prospective employees, perhaps I can be of use to H-S Precision's HR department.  I would require only the standard headhunter fee to provide more like Mr. Horiuchi from such exotic locales such as the former Yugslavia, Darfur, various South American countries, and other far-flung places.  Just think of the diversity claims you can make once you have a certified mother-killer on your payroll from every continent!  Just think of the colorful endorsements they can make as to the efficacy of H-S Precision's products at killing mothers from inconvenient and despised groups.

I eagerly await your response to my recruiting proposal.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

• friends
did they hire him? 

Manedwolf

• friend
Did anyone even bother to verify this as real and not a photochop before beating on the company?

Because Free Republic has never, ever had fake stuff put up...

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
It's been verified by bloggers who have called the company and asked them...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

• friends
would it be more accurate/truthful to say they printed and endorsement letter as part of their catalog?

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
C&SD, why are you being so damned obtuse (again)?

H-S Precision used Lon Horiuchi's endorsement on the back cover of their catalogue.

It didn't matter whether he's on their payroll or not.

They used an endorsement from the Lon Horiuchi, which is in no uncertain terms a huge marketing blunder, even if that catalogue is for law enforcement use vs. their normal commercial venue.

It's similar to using O.J. Simpson to endorse cutlery, or Jeffrey Dahmer to endorse cookware.

I'm somewhat saddened that my Remington 700PSS has an H-S Precision stock, honestly.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 11:17:00 PM by Gewehr98 »
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

• friends
Re: Gun Company (H-S Precision) hires thug/murderer LON HORIUCHI as spokeperson
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2008, 09:32:21 PM »
i suspect either they decided with their market horiuchi's fbi creds and endorsement were more asset than liability (unlikely but possible) or that someone whose raison d'etre is not guns was hired to produce a catalog and handed a folder full of material to work with. sadly very few folks know or care about horiuchi  or more importantly the folks who wrote, signed off on and then tried to cover up the rules of engagement at ruby ridge

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2008, 09:48:35 PM »
sadly not everyone remembers   

Remember HELL!

Ask a 1000 people on the street who Lon Horiuchi is and what he did and you'll be lucky if even 1 can answer.

Its not that everyone doesn't remember its that most never even knew.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

• friends
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2008, 10:14:59 PM »
too true   most don't know what ruby ridge was  much less the players. nor do they care

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2008, 10:22:34 PM »

I'm somewhat sadened that my Remington 700PSS has an H-S Precision stock, honestly.

Well, I was considering HS Precision for a stock for when I build my precision rifle...

Needless to say, I'm not anymore.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

txgho1911

• friends
  • sedition hammer
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2008, 10:36:12 PM »
Revisiting the story of RR and actors involved has ruined my Thanksgiving. I needed to reflect on our recent history. All of us should teach the kids those facts the gov will leave out of the written history they do not teach in schools.
This subject makes me physically ill.
socialnewswatchDOTcom instead of Drudge

MikePGS

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2008, 11:05:59 PM »
So when Horiuchi boasts of the accuracy of the rifle, does that mean that every shot he took with said rifles hit exactly what he was aiming for?
"The people in the gun culture have a better safety record than any police department in the nation, but in
several states actually prohibit us from using guns for self-protection, and in all the other states except one
they make us buy a license. They tax us so we can have more cops, and when crime still goes up, they tax
us more and ban more of our guns."
John Ross, Unintended Consequences

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2008, 11:14:50 PM »
Good Lord, at least all HK did was put the rounds in backwards. This is just about the worst thing I've ever seen a gun company do. Idiots  :mad:
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2008, 11:42:25 PM »
Is this really all that hard to believe?  I don't expect a gun company marketing dept. (or whatever contractor they might hire) to know anything about Lon Horiuchi, except for the law enforcement credentials he gave them. 

Or is it customary to google these people, or do a background check, before you put their endorsement ALL OVER the back of your catalog?  Which, now that I think about it, makes perfect sense. 

The first hit I got when I googled him was the Wiki entry, which basically says, "He's an FBI sniper who got in hot water for killin' a chick at Ruby Ridge, and may have shot some people at Waco."  I wouldn't be accepting any endorsements from him, after reading that. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2008, 01:28:02 AM »
Gotta go with Fistful.

Even if you're just a marketing droid, isn't the finished artwork for the company's biggest promo piece something you'd at least run by the execs?  Especially if it has a cool endorsement?

And, if you're a company exec, what are the odds you don't know the names of all the famous (and notorious) long range precision shooters out there?

Someone screwed the pooch on this.

That's gonna leave a mark.

"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2008, 01:50:42 AM »
Any statement out of the company?
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

nico

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2008, 01:58:29 AM »
In the thread on arfcom (HERE) one of the guys who called them was told that the owner is a personal friend of Horiuchi. 

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2008, 01:59:43 AM »
In the thread on arfcom (HERE) one of the guys who called them was told that the owner is a personal friend of Horiuchi. 

Well, isn't that just awesome.   =|

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2008, 02:09:35 AM »
So when Horiuchi boasts of the accuracy of the rifle, does that mean that every shot he took with said rifles hit exactly what he was aiming for?

:lol: pwnd!

If this is true then this would shoot down Mr. Tactical pants otherwise excellent post.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2008, 01:03:27 PM »
Why the hell would you care what the commoners think when you are selling to the Kings Men?
 I would refer all of you to Gerry Spence's Book on Ruby Ridge, an excellent account. 

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2008, 01:06:56 PM »
Supposedly, that back cover catalogue endorsement was for an LE-only catalogue.

Regardless, the LE I worked with and know still consider Horiuchi a base criminal, at best.

This will not bode well for H-S Precision.
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"