Author Topic: woman throws children into SF bay.  (Read 1621 times)

woman throws children into SF bay.
« on: October 20, 2005, 08:12:45 AM »
I am sure you all have heard the news, a woman striped  the clothes from her 3 children, from one to six years old and tossed them in the bay to drown.  So she is a wacko, there is one a minute in the city.
  What I cannot fathom is why the hell somebody didn't go in after them. Apparently, they dialed for the police and waited for them to show up. The water was very cold, the kids couldn't swim, exactly how the hell long did they think the kids could breath water? Is this the "Kitty Genovese" syndrome?

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 10:40:23 AM »
And why didn't someone throw the mother in after them?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 10:59:20 AM »
[SARCASM] Aw, c'mon, folks! Those were just three very late abortions. What's the big deal? Dead kids are dead kids are dead kids, aren't they? [/SARCASM]
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 06:31:56 AM »
The time to make the decision to be childfree is BEFORE you have kids, not after you've had three of them. :banghead:

Major bummer about the kids drowning.  If found competent to stand trail and convicted, toss HER in the drink to drown.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

MaterDei

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 07:17:14 AM »
Quote from: Sindawe
The time to make the decision to be childfree is BEFORE you have kids, not after you've had three of them. :banghead:
No, the time to decide is before you take your pants off.

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 12:42:13 PM »
I don't think this is Kitty Genovese syndrome.  That only seems to apply when a would-be rescuer is not a direct observer of the situation, but is aware of it happening from other obvious clues.  Also, nobody called the police when Genovese was killed, but evidently somebody did call the police this time.  Responsibility was clearly diffused in this situation, but I don't think that was the root of it.

I call it cowardice.

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2005, 07:42:42 PM »
Its been awhile since I have been to San Francisco but if its anything like the Seattle waterfront (and nature kinda dictates that it is) there are times of day when the distance from the boardwalk to the surface of the water is about 40 feet with no means of climbing in or out. Im not sure I would expect anyone to make that jump into murky water containing an untold quantity of pilings and debris.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2005, 11:11:45 PM »
The woman is schizophrenic.  She's been on heavy meds for years.  She'd been acting stranger than usual lately, her family said.  Not too long ago she said, "I'm going to feed my children to the sharks".  Of course, no one took her seriously.  How could you possibly take something like that seriously, especially from a woman who doted on her children?

She knows what she's done.  She may have even been aware of it while she did it.  And while it's easy for us to say what she should have done instead, as one with close personal experience of mental illness, I'm horrified by the act, but I won't condemn her.  She'll take care of that on her own, when she's lucid again.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.