Author Topic: Portable MP3 players  (Read 1708 times)

mtnbkr

• friend
Portable MP3 players
« on: October 21, 2005, 05:57:19 AM »
I need a portable MP3 player.  I want it to be flash memory based, have at least 512megs of storage (or capability to take SD cards), be small, and take standard akaline batteries.  

What features outside of what I listed should I look for?  I plan to burn my own CDs rather than buying music online.

Chris

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Portable MP3 players
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 06:34:49 AM »
Check out SanDisk Cruzer Micro MP3 Companion

I got one for a door prize for attending a conference, it sits on my desk still in the orginal package because I use a Mini Disk for my MP3's

Charby
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

mtnbkr

• friend
Portable MP3 players
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 06:42:25 AM »
Neat concept, but I don't use flashdrives.  The only flash memory I currently own is in the form of SD cards.  I'd like to leverage that if the device I get supports removeable media.  

Chris

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Portable MP3 players
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 08:32:49 AM »
I have a Creative Nomad MuVo NX . Love it. Can do all kinds of neat music lists and play options as well as store regular data.

Oops -- just noticed you don't do flash. Nevermind.  Smiley
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

mtnbkr

• friend
Portable MP3 players
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 08:47:45 AM »
I just picked up a Sandisk 512mb player at Circuit City.  It offers 512mb storage, FM tuner, and voice recorder.  It runs on a single AAA battery, is small, and was a wopping $67.  It isn't expandable, but that isn't too important with 512mb.  Since I'm still at work, I can't critique it's mp3 capability, but the FM tuner works well enough.  I wish it had an AM tuner, but beggers can't be choosers.

Chris

crt360

• friend
Portable MP3 players
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 01:19:30 PM »
mtnbkr, I got one of the SanDisks like that (but only 256MB) earlier this year on sale around $60 and it has been great.  My battery life has been much better than advertised.  Sound quality, display, ease of use (once you figure out how) are pretty hard to beat for the price.
For entertainment purposes only.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Portable MP3 players
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2005, 05:26:50 PM »
A new toy for the midget to break?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.