Author Topic: *This* versus *That*  (Read 1450 times)

*This* versus *That*
« on: October 21, 2005, 06:15:25 PM »
Ever notice how the word versus gets folks all riled up and ready to go bare-knuckled?

Not gender, age, demographic, race, religion, cultural...makes no nevermind - just use the word versus in communication and matters get wierd - fast.

Products, services, companies, ...list goes on forever here too.

Now here in the South it does get cold, we get freezing temps, ice and snow.   So the question was raised " I am going to do my winter storage routine on lawn equipment, and I have some gasoline unmixed put back. What should I use?"

I'm listening - I know where this is headed.

"Seafoam" one says...
"Marvel Mystery Oil", says another...
'Sta-Bil" always worked for me...

Yep, took about 3 seconds for the fist versus to be communicated.

I walk on to Admin Bldg to conduct my business. I am getting a soda from a vending machine, when the ladies from one Dept come into hallway...

I learned more than I ever wanted to know about feminine hygeine products, diapers, where to get makeup, and pantyhose.

There is a bad side in being early in Admin bldg for a meeting - trust me on this.

These ladies just kept going on, didn't have a care in the world a guy was listening...until toothpaste became the "topic".
"You are a guy, what is your opinion".

"Ipana" I replied, as I hurried into the door opened to my meeting.

My last glimpse of the ladies were mouths about to speak - silent; finger pointing and about to shake - stopped in mid air.

There is something in being older than some staff at a college.

Tongue

P95Carry

*This* versus *That*
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 07:09:43 PM »
Older Steve is akin to more stable LOL!

9mm vs .45acp has to be the gun board's most over-excercized competition - but any ''mine is better than yours'' - is actually little different.  

Far as I am concerned, at my age - my thinking is to most folks - ''you do exactly what your lil' heart desires'' LOL!
Chris - P95
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.
Rohrbaugh interest/ownership? - Rohrbaugh Forum Rohrbaugh R9 FAQ Site

Preacherman

*This* versus *That*
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 03:17:12 AM »
Oh, I dunno, Steve - I deal with versus all the time.  For example, there's John 3:16 - one of my favorite versus...

Wink
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!

Please visit my blog: http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/

*This* versus *That*
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2005, 04:53:30 AM »
Touche'
Wink

Figures coming from Preacherman- of course he being British Educated and all, still puts his groceries in his  "boot" and wonders why his feet hurts...Smiley

verses - versus

boot - trunk

bonnet -is a head covering Preacher, not the front part of the vehicle - where underneath is the engine.

Aside-

I told a kid the story I do about Jonah water- skiiing behind the whale so fast it parted the Red Sea.
 Kid's mom is rolling eyes..."how come he didn't use a Chris-Craft?" she asked.

"Because Noah was pulling the engine to put in bigger boat to take animals on a cruise" - I replied.

"That sounds like a cool story, tell me that one".

Yeah well...kids are kids, and it does make for interesting questions for kids to pose to Sunday School teachers and Clergy.

Whale versus Ark ?  

Anyone?

Smiley

NO disrespect intended...gets kids to think, look stuff up, ask questions and makes Clergy and teachers laugh...

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
*This* versus *That*
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2005, 05:30:44 AM »
Far as I am concerned, at my age - my thinking is to most folks - ''you do exactly what your lil' heart desires'' LOL!
That's my motto except I add "and I'll stand back and laugh at the results."

As far as bonnet vs hood. As long as we all know where the loo is we'll be ok..

Cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!

grampster

• friend
*This* versus *That*
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2005, 07:21:02 AM »
Brusha Brusha Brusha, New Ipana Toothpaste.  Sung by Bucky Bucky Beaver.

SeaFoam.  You reminded me.  Going to the parts store right now....see ya when I get back.  Maybe I'll think of a pun to rival Peter...nah...can't be done.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw