Author Topic: Buying a new iPod, need input  (Read 1317 times)

natedog

• friend
Buying a new iPod, need input
« on: November 05, 2005, 07:51:05 AM »
I'm selling off my 6GB iPod Mini in want of more space, and I've decided on either a 60GB black or white iPod video. I've found some software that will convert DVDs to a format the iPod can read, and I'm pretty excited about that. 60GB seems excessive, considering I only have about 5GB of music, but I plan on pirating everything my friends have on their computers, copying my DVDs to it, and using it as a backup drive. So, what say you- black, or white? I heard that the black iPod Nanos had some serious problems with scratching, but thats been fixed with a new coating on the iPod video.

*NOTE* To all the iPod haters out there, yes, I was once one of you as well. Previously I've owned a Archos Jukebox Studio 20 (among the first hard drive MP3 players), which had to be sent back to the factory multiple times and never really worked well, not to mention it carried like a brick with a headphone jack. I've also owned a flash-drive RCA 256mb MP3 player that was somewhat reliable, but was a pain to transfer music to. The iPod is the only MP3 player I've had, or that any of my friends have had, that is compact, durable, reliable, and easy to use. That alone is worth the price to me.

TarpleyG

• friend
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 09:55:09 AM »
I heard that the black iPod Nanos had some serious problems with scratching, but thats been fixed with a new coating on the iPod video.
Ah.  You're one of those, huh?  Bet all your guns sit in the safe all the time lest they get a scratch on them.  I'd say if you are worried about it, get the white one.  Less likely to show scratches.

Greg

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 11:04:03 AM »
Check your email, natedog.

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005, 12:01:40 PM »
I love iPods. I bought mine when the G4 (clickwheel) iPods were brand new... around last November. Wow, it's been a year already! I had a battery problem a while back (which was promptly fixed for free) and I have heard that it's a non-issue with the new iPods. I cannot tell you whether to go with black or white, but I can say that if you invest in a good sleeve of some sort for your iPod scratching should be a secondary concern.

(PS: I had a small collection when I bought my iPod - around two gigs. Once you get the extra space, it's amazing how quickly you can build up a library! It's almost a challange to try and fill the thing up.)

natedog

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2005, 01:31:01 PM »
My guns, and my electronics certainly do not sit at home. I do try to take care of them as best as I can, and would like to avoid undue wear and tear that could hurt the resale value, should I decided to sell (like I am with my iPod mini).

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2005, 05:57:24 AM »
nate,
Already got a buyer for the old one?  I might be interested.
fignozzle at yahoo dot com.

natedog

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 06:27:38 PM »
Sorry for the late reply, Felonius. My sister bought it from me; you might want to check www.amazon.com or ebay.com for some good deals.