Author Topic: Don't rip people off.  (Read 5334 times)

...has left the building.

Don't rip people off.
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2005, 10:44:25 AM »
I think it would be prudent to erase all of his info now that he has issued an apology. But he will still forever go down in online history as the first widespread, public butt-kicking for a dishonest online seller.

Preacherman

Don't rip people off.
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2005, 04:29:34 PM »
Good Heavens...  that thread is now up to 1,740 responses and 70 pages, and regulars on the forum are complaining bitterly that the board has slowed to a crawl because of the hundreds of thousands of viewers who've flocked there as a result of the thread being linked on (literally) hundreds of other BBS's!  I think things are sorta out of hand right now.  I hope none of those threatening direct physical retaliation against this idiot carry through with their threats, otherwise this is going to give all BBS's involved a bad name.
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!

Please visit my blog: http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/

brimic

• friends
Don't rip people off.
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2005, 06:02:26 PM »
Its amazing what kind of notoriety $25 can buy you these days.

C. Wenzel isn't rocket scientist material, but neither are many of the posters on that forum.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

mtnbkr

• friend
Don't rip people off.
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2005, 06:15:29 PM »
Pirate4x4 is the AR15/glocktalk of the 4x4 community.

Chris

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Don't rip people off.
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2005, 06:49:20 PM »
Indeed. Wenzel is a jackass who had some retribution coming, but what went on over there after the first ten or so pages is exemplar of why you'd never catch me in a Superdome after a hurricane. It's like sheeple on steroids.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

SpookyPistolero

• friend
Don't rip people off.
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2005, 08:40:56 PM »
I really didn't think that a mob-mentality would really be able to function in an internet forum. I really figured you needed that rapid, interpersonal back-and-forth to fuel the fire enough to makes things come to that, but apparently you can get a lynch mob going across a long time and in only print. Interesting...

The kid made a huuge mistake, but the line definitely got crossed, as always happens with mod rule starts rolling.
"She could not have reached this white serenity except as the sum of all the colors, of all the violence she had known." - The Fountainhead
"Smoke your pipe and be silent; there's only wind and smoke in the world"  - Irish Proverb

Don't rip people off.
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2005, 08:43:26 PM »
I think the biggest problem was the fact that he kept fueling it. Not the smartest thing. It would have gotten much less "press", I think, if he simply "disappeared" or tried to be much less confrontational with his ripoff.

bytor94

Don't rip people off.
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2005, 02:52:25 AM »
Yeah, some of the things they are saying/doing over there are a little overboard.  It almost looks like a shark feeding frenzy!  Understand, I'm not trying to justify their actions, but, if Wentzel had sucked it up early and admitted he's a dumbass it would have blown over a lot sooner.

It's almost scary what power the internet has gained in the last few years.  It could be a good thing, or in this case, something to be concerned over.

Art Eatman

• friend
Don't rip people off.
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2005, 04:56:20 AM »
Well, I keep commenting about the bravery induced by the anonymity of the Internet.  Keyboard Kommandos.  It allows incompetent little sheeple-types to "act" out their fantasies and vent their frustrations.

And, in this case, poor dumb Wenzel kept throwing gasoline on the fire.  

Smiley, Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.