Author Topic: Likely 20/20 Hit Piece On Guns - Tonight, 4/10/09  (Read 5949 times)

doczinn

• friend
Re: Likely 20/20 Hit Piece On Guns - Tonight, 4/10/09
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2009, 12:07:18 PM »
Furthermore, for the sake of argument, I'll accept every contention of the anti-RKBA press. I don't care. Our rights and freedom are more important than every last innocent life lost, or person maimed.
I agree wholeheartedly, and I haven't said it enough in the past. When we get bogged down in trying to prove an armed populace is safer (it can't be proven to them) we lose. Even if guns do kill, I still have a right to own mine, that doesn't.
D. R. ZINN

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2009, 04:10:08 PM »
I'm considering a modification of my position.

It has come to my attention that, although the Federal assault weapon ban expired in 2004, both New York and Connecticut (and Massachusetts??) still have similar legislation on the books in their respective states. Their state AWBs prohibit bayonet lugs. And I can't find any record of a single instance of a drive-by bayoneting in either state since their bans went into effect.

Obviously, the bans have been effective. (At prohibiting drive-by bayonetings.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2009, 07:42:33 PM »
Once again, we see the "Flaming Pinto" reporters at work....

....when will we close that First Amendment loophole that lets unqualified people obtain press creds and TV air time?....  ;/
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2009, 09:17:32 PM »
UPDATE: Saw the gun segment on tonight's episode of 60 Minutes.

Unlike the garbage on 20/20, in this case Lesley Stahl actually made an effort to be fair and balanced, showing both sides. (Though I DO note she interviewed the same "Omar" character that 20/20 used.) Mention was made of the run on ammo, the increasing demand for guns, and she emphasized that many people at the gun show were filling out the paperwork for the FBI background check. People also expressed their doubts about Obama, but a clip of Dick Durbin (D-IL) and an interview with Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) were shown in which they said that nobody was pushing for more gun control right now. Dianne Feinstein as much as said she's biding her time, waiting for the right moment.

Omar and a female surviver of the VA Tech killings are working to "close the gun show loophole" . . . during the interview, Ms. Stahl pointed out to Omar that the VA Tech killer actually bought his guns through dealers, and DID do all the paperwork . . . at which point Omar said "But next time it happens he won't, he'll use the lookhole!!!"  ;/

I didn't sit there with a stopwatch to see whether the pro-gun or anti-gun side got more time, but, by and large, this was actual reporting. And Dianne Sawyer ought to watch it before she gets out of journalism school to see what she ought to be doing after graduation.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain