Author Topic: More Bush secrecy  (Read 1427 times)

Seymour Skinner

More Bush secrecy
« on: November 26, 2005, 01:43:12 AM »
MORE BUSH SECRECY

Robert Longley reports,

"A bill now before the Senate would create a new executive branch agency that would become the first-ever government agency granted total immunity from disclosure of information under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).

"The bill S. 1873, the Biodefense and Pandemic Vaccine and Drug Development Act of 2005, would create a new Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Agency (BARDA). Under the bill cosponsored by Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC) and Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (R-TENN), BARDA would be assigned to assist and encourage private industry in developing medical countermeasures for bioterrorism agents and natural outbreaks such as a possible avian flu pandemic...

"S. 1873's clause grant BARDA a total categorical exemption from the requirements of FOIA:

"(2) FOIA -- Information that relates to the activities, working groups, and advisory boards of the BARDA shall not be subject to disclosure under section 552 of title 5, United States Code [Freedom of Information Act], unless the Secretary or Director determines that such disclosure would pose no threat to national security. Such a determination shall not be subject to judicial review," the bill states.

"While FOIA already exempts certain categories of information from disclosure, like properly classified information that could compromise national security, S. 1873 goes well above-and-beyond those exemptions by stating that a decision by BARDA to withhold information could not even be overturned by the courts." [End of Longley excerpt.]

I think the agenda behind all this is to keep secret any and all no-bid contracts to vaccine makers, all reports of deaths from forced vaccinations, and any and all plans for martial law under the pretext of a pandemic.

TarpleyG

• friend
More Bush secrecy
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 11:49:09 AM »
encourage private industry in developing medical countermeasures for bioterrorism agents and natural outbreaks such as a possible avian flu pandemic...
Umbrella Corporation anyone???

Greg

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
More Bush secrecy
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 06:10:26 AM »
Umbrella Corporation anyone???
Which begs the question, what gun for MZPDs? (Mutant-Zombie Post Docs).
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
More Bush secrecy
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 02:45:06 AM »
Anything to get around the NIH!

However, they are attempting to create yet another white elephant like the NIH!  Yikes!
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Waitone

• friend
More Bush secrecy
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 11:47:24 PM »
Yep, now that the gun bidness is exempt from unwarranted legal extortion other industries want the same protection.  We don't do vaccinations in the US because of our predators in Seersucker.  Can't file a suit if companies are not compelled to provide documentation.  Joe and Martha Sixpack would not want to see Big Pill get immunity from lawsuits but they can be persuaded to accept a clampdown on information all for the protection of the chilren.  Big difference between what the NRA got and what Burr is trying to pull off.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon