Author Topic: Advice...  (Read 8050 times)

uvakat

• friend
Advice...
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2005, 03:48:35 PM »
Quote from: RevDisk
My parents weren't thrilled with my owning firearms either.  Nor CCW'ing.  Which is odd, because I only own semi's.  I miss my automatic grenade launcher.

Then again, we have an odd relationship.  When I was a rather young kid, I got into zero trouble and my parents encouraged me to get into more activities besides reading.   They've been paying for that comment ever since.  

If you really want to tweak them, get into activities 'worse' than firearms.  Skydiving, rock climbing sans ropes, racing, etc.  Then they'll encourage you to "tone it down" into safe activities like firearms.
LOL Yeah my parents didn't like my reading too much either... so I would do stupid things like take jumps on rollerblades and end up hurt (I swear at 21 I've injured every major joint in my body) now the rants would love nothing more then for me to read more lol...

Duck hunt... yes I'm a UVA student... And that sounds good, I'll look them up. it'll be nice to get out of this liberal anti-gun cesspool in may though
Nothing like a couple hundred rounds down range to make a girl feel better.  

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Advice...
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2005, 04:27:39 PM »
Quote from: uvakat
LOL Yeah my parents didn't like my reading too much either... so I would do stupid things like take jumps on rollerblades and end up hurt (I swear at 21 I've injured every major joint in my body) now the rants would love nothing more then for me to read more lol...

Duck hunt... yes I'm a UVA student... And that sounds good, I'll look them up. it'll be nice to get out of this liberal anti-gun cesspool in may though
You do stunts on rollerblades and your parents are complaining about your firearms?   Bah!  I stick to much tamer activities.   Explosives, jumping out of perfectly functioning airplanes, etc.  Oddly, I've never broken a bone.  (I think.)  Couple concussions from when I got into a fight with some MP's in full riot gear over a misunderstanding.  Not my fault, I swear!
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

uvakat

• friend
Advice...
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2005, 04:31:34 PM »
I used to do stunts on rollerblades (like a bunch of years ago)...now I just do things like get hurt playing ice hockey and I can't wait to jump out of a perfectly functioning airplane..  just need to save up the money to go. Sadly now I'm holed up again with a sprained/broken ankle... I think I need to get it checked...
Nothing like a couple hundred rounds down range to make a girl feel better.  

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
Advice...
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2005, 07:55:06 PM »
pfft.
Why waste money for a third of a plane ride (take off, jump out) when you can waste money for a whole one (take off, fly around, land)?
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Advice...
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2005, 08:14:12 PM »
Quote from: mbs357
pfft.
Why waste money for a third of a plane ride (take off, jump out) when you can waste money for a whole one (take off, fly around, land)?
Eventually, I do want to learn how to fly an airplane.  Still, jumping out of a perfectly functioning aircraft offers an amazing view and a pleasant breeze.  Plenty of leg-room too.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
Advice...
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2005, 08:18:11 PM »
Hehe, I bet.
Flying planes have to be fun.  The video games sure are. =p
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Advice...
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2005, 10:42:33 AM »
Why bother to tell them?

Is it really any of their business?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Advice...
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2005, 02:09:34 PM »
Hey Kat,

I was raised around fireams.

Later years, I don't know what happened to those persons that raised me and the rest of the folks with the same name as I.

I have always been a Rebel. I stuck to older folks, my mentors and elders. My business is MY business. I am responsible for ME.  If I am not responsible for My Safety - then for darn sure I can't be of assistance to someone in harm's way; be it folks with the same name, or someone in a dire set of circumstances.

The fellow that sired me, well had a situation once when I worked with him...I thought he was gonna croak when I pulled from Concealment a 1911. The LEO buddy that showed up simply asked why HE was not armed.

I bought a Revolver for another younger male sib, I paid for CCW class and license. He never sent it in, the gun in in a safe and not been shot in years.

Had some folks that shared the same name as I and had the RugRats with them, crazy doped up guy  grabbed one while they palyed in the back yard,  and Sobriety immediatly hit - both the doped up guy and the folks with same name.

I swore I would not attend any more functions with folks that have the same last name as I , I did today - Easter Sunday for Mom's sake...took her to their  Church for Easter, attended the gathering at thier house.  Hated every minute of it.  Yes the rain poured and lighting got a bit closer and more numerous...

Nobody's business if I CCW ALL day today, Don't care if folks have same name as I, or not . I don't give a rat's behind if these folks like me or not.

I was taking care of ME first. I had Mom riding with me, that meant another someone to be responsible for.

For TOO many years , Folks, "family" , so called "friends"  don't know because  MY business is MY business.

Being a cold heartless bastard has its perks.

bratch

• friend
Advice...
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2005, 06:46:59 PM »
Traded my horse for my step-dads guns when I was about 12.  They've known ever since. Also my mom would get me gun mags at the grocery store on grocery day.