Author Topic: PTK Legal Defense Fund is now officially open  (Read 4242 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
PTK Legal Defense Fund is now officially open
« on: August 28, 2009, 05:59:55 PM »
See http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=20651.0 for background info.

PTK is looking at about $1,000.00 in legal fees before getting to court, and about the same again if his hope for some deferred judgement deal falls through and a trial becomes necessary.

A deal is being worked out to front the $1,000.00 as a 365-day interest free loan so that he can meet the pre-trial costs.

As you are aware, he is trying to sell off some of his prized possessions to meet some expenses.  Even if he gets everything sold he looks to come up short, and his personal finances are, like most everybody else's these days, hurting.  He also has medical bills that need to be taken care of,

Thus the creation of this fund.  If contributions are received, he can divert some of his proceeds form the sale of stuff to meeting those other financial obligations.  In other words, his begging is going to be limited to staying out of jail and keeping his RKBA intact and he will try to meet his other obligations on his own.

DETAILS for contributing

1 - easiest way is to send money to email pmhenick (that's me) with a note that it is for the PTK legal defense fund.  I have no other reason to be receiving money thru PayPal but the notation will be part of your and my recordkeeping of who gave and how much.  edited to correct how to send $$ to me - use email address instead of user name.  Oops!

2 - if there is any way you can avoid doing so, DO NOT make contributions via your credit card or debit card.  After 3 transactions to my username in any 30 day period PayPal takes a 3% cut before the money is sent to me.  That means your contribution is reduced because you wanted to be lazy.

3 - you can send money thru PayPal to user name skidmark (me, operating the fund) from your checking account.  Just set up your own PayPal account to use your checking account as either primary or alternate funding source and select it as the source to use.  Do not send cash.  I'm not responsible for what happens between your mailbox and mine, but there are rumors that the world is full of evil people.

4 - PayPal sucks and has a stupid policy of not allowing funds transfers for firearms, ammunition, and just about anything that gets their panties knotted.  However, they a safe and secure means of transferring money around.  If you absolutely refuse to use PayPal, send me a PM asking for my address.  I'll respond as soon as I can, and await your check/money order.  Please be sure to mark the envelope PTK so I deal with it right away.

5 - speaking of money orders -- unless you are sending a USPS money order I will be cashing your money order or depositing it somewhere else until it clears, then transferring it to the PTK fund.  If your money order does not clear or otherwise causes problems expect a PM and if that does not resolve the matter expect things to get serious.  If you send me a phoney 7-11 money order you can expect repercussions. Enough said?

6 - transparency -- I will post at least once a week (probably more often) with the balance on hand and the amounts of individual contributions received since the last posting.  If you want your name mentioned, along with the amount of your contribution, use the SEND A NOTE feature on PayPal or slip a note in with your check/money order.

7 - what do we do if there is more money collected than PTK needs?  Someone has suggested that the excess be donated to a charity.  I am not going to do that.  I will be keeping a detailed record of who contributed how much, so that if there is an overage I can send you funds representing your percentage of the total contributed.  (The front money does not count - that's a private arrangement unrelated to the fund.)

I'm doing this because, unlike the .gov that thinks if it does not use all of your money for the purpose it was collected it ought to find some other way to use up your money, I think that if you give too much you ought to get the excess back.  Keeping the books so that can happen is not difficult thanks to Excel and some basic math.

8 - What if you don't like the way I'm running the fund?  What if you think another money transfer scheme is better than PayPal?  In all sincerity, STFU and send PTK your contributions directly.  I stepped up and volunteered - thus violating at least three basic rules of survival.  It's my fund and I'll run it the way I want to.

9 - What if all y'all don't like they way I'm running the fund?  Elect someone and let me know.  I'll send them any funds currently on the books via PayPal, and mark all incoming mail to be returned to sender.

10 - Why am I so cranky and setting up all sorts of rules and stuff?  Because I've been through this stuff three times before, except nobody got elected to replace me.  I had to do all the work and listen to whinging, whining, carping and sermonizing.  No mas!  Never Again!

OK.  We are officially open for business.

stay safe.

skidmark
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 07:43:20 PM by vaskidmark »
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: PTK Legal Defense Fund is now officially open
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 06:02:38 PM »
The fund is up and running with a beginning balance of $30.00.

All we need is another $970.00 (anticipated).

Your cashier is standing by to stand by for a deluge of contributions.

Remember, polio was licked a dime at a time!

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 07:16:07 PM »
well, trying to do my part, and it's asking me for an e-mail address to send it to.  am i doing something wrong???
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 07:42:07 PM »
well, trying to do my part, and it's asking me for an e-mail address to send it to.  am i doing something wrong???

Apparently not.  pmhenick@aol.com

stay safe.

skidmark

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 04:26:51 AM »
First contribution is in -- $40.

Balance now stands at $70.00.

stay safe.

skidmark

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 03:04:41 PM »
2 PMs sent with snail mail address for check/money order.  Thanks - you know who you are.

stat safe.

skidmark

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 07:40:08 PM »
My (small) contribution went out in the mail yesterday.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Oleg Volk

• Administrator
    • Volkstudio Blog
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 02:52:07 AM »
I would encourage donations to help PTK.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 11:46:22 PM »
Thanks again, folks. If it weren't for people here on APS, I wouldn't have been able to get counsel before the arraignment. There's still a slim chance the trial may not happen, my lawyer is still trying to strike a deal with the city for a deferred judgment of a lesser charge (and of no consequence to my RKBA)
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

PTK

• friends
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 12:20:40 PM »
Ok, folks. The totals from this whole ordeal are as follows:

$1,000 lawyer fee
$500 fine
$100 "donation"
$25 pretrial conference fee
$114 in misc. trial fees

That's a total of $1,739. You people who joked about buying the C96 might actually get a chance to do so - after I leave CO, I'll be selling anything/everything I can to fund living outside of the state. Lucky for me, a very amazing friend is helping me and my SO get out of here ASAP - I am SO done with Colorado....  :mad:

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 12:59:45 PM »
A deal is being worked out to front the $1,000.00 as a 365-day interest free loan so that he can meet the pre-trial costs.

Why not just let us buy stock in his next 20 years of productive freedom?

PTK

• friends
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 01:22:15 PM »
Medical issues. I'm NOT productive anymore.  =(

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 11:08:34 PM »
Medical issues. I'm NOT productive anymore.  =(

Give us a big enough financial stake in it, and we'll find ways to make you productive.  The productivty collar comes to mind.  (Gee, that thing sure has a lot of potential as a general problem-solving device.)

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 04:46:54 PM »
Medical issues. I'm NOT productive anymore.  =(

Don't let Obama and the Dems find out.  You will not be anymore anymore. :angel:
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 06:57:20 AM »
PTK has totalled up his legal expenses at $3,000.  He is trying to pay off $2,000 of that which was charged to a credit card and would appreciate any help doing so.  The rest of the expenses were in the form of a loan that is not due until next year.

PM vaskidmark for details of where & how to send any contributions.

stay safe.

skidmark

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2009, 12:28:44 PM »
I'm more or less broke at the moment, but I'll try to get some cash your way in a week or so when my paycheck arrives. Western Union OK? I don't have PayPal or similar...
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila