Author Topic: Man Pilloried by Vets for Burning Flag  (Read 27743 times)

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Re: Man Pilloried by Vets for Burning Flag
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2009, 08:32:00 PM »
You and I couldn't legally decide to meet up and box eachother for fun without going to state boards and going through all the legal hassle you have to go through to have a fight.  We'd both be arrested for assault.
Don't you need one party to be willing to press charges against the other?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2009, 08:44:36 PM »
You and I couldn't legally decide to meet up and box eachother for fun without going to state boards and going through all the legal hassle you have to go through to have a fight.  We'd both be arrested for assault. 

Really?

Please name ONE state in which two people cannot meet each other and box FOR FUN, and in which they would be arrested for assault if they did. Cite statutory references.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2009, 10:29:08 PM »
Yes, quite different.  States that allow boxing and MMA have very strict rules regarding the setup of said matches with a ton rules surrounding them.  You and I couldn't legally decide to meet up and box eachother for fun without going to state boards and going through all the legal hassle you have to go through to have a fight.  We'd both be arrested for assault.  Whether anything would stick is questionable, but it certainly could.  This is why all these radio shows that want to have "grudge matches" have to jump through a bunch of hoops to actually get a fight on the air.  (they usually can't even do it)

Them ain't kosherized rules.   :lol:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2009, 02:03:25 AM »
Really?

Please name ONE state in which two people cannot meet each other and box FOR FUN, and in which they would be arrested for assault if they did. Cite statutory references.

Technically, assault is usually legally defined as (illegal) threat...battery as any (illegal) "unwanted touching" or "use of force". The two terms frequently get comingled.

More likely, if a fight (without a "victim" claiming the other attacked him against his will) comes into the review of the police, to the problem level of them wanting to actually go through the hassle of an arrest and the subsequent paperwork, they'd charge under common "public order" statutes that can be essentially summarized as don't be an ahole in public, such as "creating a public disturbance" or "disorderly conduct".
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2009, 10:28:47 AM »
If someone burned my flag, a severe beating, or worse, would transpire immediately.  In this state I have the right to protect my family and property.....chris3