Author Topic: Malcolm Reynolds appears on Castle Monday Oct 26  (Read 8470 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Malcolm Reynolds appears on Castle Monday Oct 26
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2009, 03:24:14 PM »
When Wash died I just about cried. Not so much cause he was my favorite character, but because if they ever revived the series he wouldn't be on it...
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2009, 03:43:06 PM »
When Wash died I just about cried. Not so much cause he was my favorite character, but because if they ever revived the series he wouldn't be on it...

They'll never revive the series. As much as it hurt, I liked the theme that there can be consequences for doing the right thing.

Sometimes doing the right thing will cost you. It's still worth it.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2009, 04:32:03 PM »
gonna have to find that episode of castle. i say it a few times and liked it (the by play between fillion and the female lead tickles me) but to see Mal in all his glory (or at least in the coat) is worth it.

must say, i'm a pleased to see someone else loving Dollhouse. I can't wait for Alpha to show up again (tudayk is an awsome in anything, he and the guy that played chacuer made A Knights Tale worth watching) and i'm bouncing in anticapation of Glau's apperance in the next episodes.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2009, 04:32:54 PM »
FWIW, tudayk is in the new V.

Chris

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2009, 05:20:35 PM »
Wonder how long it takes to reveal they're reptilian in this iteration?  =D
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2009, 05:47:31 PM »
FWIW, tudayk is in the new V.

Chris

Caught that on a commercial. DVR'd V last night too. Guess I gots me some TV watching to do tonight. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2009, 06:10:39 PM »
The name is Tudyk, and yeah, he was great in A Knight's Tale.  "I will fong you!"

Morena Baccarin is in V, too. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2009, 06:28:52 PM »

About 40 minutes.

Chris

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2009, 08:41:27 PM »
That opening scene was great! :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2009, 08:44:56 PM »
gonna have to find that episode of castle. i say it a few times and liked it (the by play between fillion and the female lead tickles me) but to see Mal in all his glory (or at least in the coat) is worth it.

must say, i'm a pleased to see someone else loving Dollhouse. I can't wait for Alpha to show up again (tudayk is an awsome in anything, he and the guy that played chacuer made A Knights Tale worth watching) and i'm bouncing in anticapation of Glau's apperance in the next episodes.
River's gonna be in Dollhouse?

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2009, 10:32:48 PM »
They'll never revive the series.

There is a glimmer of hope!  =D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serenity_(film)#Sequels
Fans of Firefly had hoped that if Serenity were successful, it might lead either to a revival of the television series or a film franchise (colloquially referred to as the "Big Damn Trilogy", or BDT).[93][94] The former was always unlikely, since Fox still owns the Firefly television rights and Joss Whedon reportedly refused to work for Fox again[95] (though he has since agreed to write and produce the television series Dollhouse for the network). Fans' hopes for further theatrical films appear to have been partially dashed by Serenity's mediocre box office showing. Whedon has stated that if a sequel is made, he hopes to address the character Book's backstory and deal with Jubal Early, a bounty hunter character assumed dead at the end of Firefly.[96] The first major sequel rumor began on December 1, 2005, when IGN Filmforce reported that Universal had expressed an interest in making a Serenity TV movie for broadcast on the Sci Fi Channel (which is owned by Universal), and eventual DVD sale. It was expected that commissioning of a television sequel would be contingent on strong DVD sales of Serenity.[97] In a January 2006 interview, Whedon doubted the chances of a sequel.[98] On June 23, 2006 a number of fans organized and spread word of "Serenity Day", on which all fans were proposed to purchase a copy of Serenity in an attempt to convince Universal that a sequel would be profitable. The significance of this day was that June 23, 2006 was the one-year anniversary of the third and final advance screening of Serenity prior to its release, as well as Joss Whedon's birthday. The impact of the event could be seen from Serenity reaching #2 in the Amazon DVD Charts,[99] the highest ranking the DVD had reached since January 16, 2006.[100]
On October 1, 2006, Whedon posted a comment to the Whedonesque.com website, responding to a rumor that he was currently working on a sequel to Serenity. He wrote,
"There's no sequel, no secret project regarding Serenity or somesuch and I'm not even sure how anyone thought there was talk there. I've seen Nathan and Tim (and Summer and Alan) recently because they're my friends because I'm so, yeah, awesome. So let's put that to bed and smother it with a pillow."[101]
Whedon's response to the rumor consequently sparked many websites to publish articles stating that he would never work on a sequel to Serenity. Whedon again returned to Whedonesque.com to respond to the new stories and wrote,
"Holy Mother of Oats! I turn my back for five minutes (that's how long it takes to admire my lovely back) and the interweb goes banoonoos! Isn't there any ACTUAL news to get wrong? Sorry about all this; it might be best if I just stay off the computer for a while....Here's a thing: when Firefly was cancelled, my heart got broke. Sounds a bit much, but it changed me. Not even Serenity could patch that wound. I'm wearier, warier -- after all those years as a movie writer, you'd think I'd be prepared for another lesson on my unimportance in the scheme of things, but I wasn't....All these rumor of projects or the death of projects... When the two worlds align and something actually happens, whatever it is, you guys know I'll be on this site as soon as I'm allowed to be. And I'll be very very clear. There is no news. Not never, just now."[102]
In an interview at the 2007 Comic-Con, Whedon stated that he believes hope for a sequel rests in the sales of the Collector's Edition DVD.[103][104] In an August 2007 interview with Amazon.com prior to the Collector's Edition DVD release, Whedon stated "It's still on my mind, I mean, but I don't know if mine is the only mind that it's on." He later said "You know, whether or not anybody who's involved would be available at that point — everybody's working, I'm happy to say — is a question, but whether I would want to do another one is not a question."[105] On October 4, 2007, Alan Tudyk suggested in an interview that Universal was considering another film due to DVD sales.[106] Although Joss Whedon later discounted Tudyk's statement as being "wishful thinking",[107] Tudyk is still hopeful a sequel will be made.[108]
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2009, 11:03:55 PM »
There is a glimmer of hope!  =D

I stand by my cynical comment!   :laugh:
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

erictank

• friends
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2009, 11:25:57 PM »

'Bout 30 minutes or so, I think it was.  Watched it on DVR this morning after work, and the first big fight they got into, one of the Visitors was unmasked.  He was not from one of the ships, either...  =D 

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2009, 06:35:59 AM »
He was not from one of the ships, either...  =D 

Yup, they've managed to tie in the conspiracy nuts' favorite bogyman: reptilian spies.

Chris

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2009, 06:48:21 AM »
Leave it to the guy who dies in the last movie to start talking about a sequel....  ;/

V is going to take some getting used to for me.....I loved the first mini-series, but tolerated the second....esp. the "space child" arch....but I'm not sure I'm ready for a V without Diana and Ham Tyler.....  =|

We'll see how it goes....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2009, 10:09:42 AM »
Leave it to the guy who dies in the last movie to start talking about a sequel.... 

It gets worse.  I read that it was his suggestion that his character be killed off in Serenity, and afterwards he regretted it.

Ideas that aren't well thought through are sort of a ... leaf on the wind, I guess. 

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2009, 02:34:32 PM »
Yup, they've managed to tie in the conspiracy nuts' favorite bogyman: reptilian spies.

Chris

I'm sure David Icke is very pleased.
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2009, 02:38:51 PM »
Yeah, the Reptilian Humanoids (couldn't remember the proper name for them).  They're early arriving spies in the show.

Also, in the show, it's not a mask they're wearing, but actual human skin grown over their own.  They're giving things a modern twist it seems.  Based on the first episode, I like it so far.

Chris

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2009, 07:11:42 PM »
River's gonna be in Dollhouse?

yep and the preveiw showed her being evil!!!  =D
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2009, 12:39:18 AM »
From what I've read ...

Fox is keeping Dollhouse off the air in November because they want to substitute some other show that they think will get better ratings in "sweeps" month.

In December, the plan is to get Dollhouse back on schedule by showing two episodes back-to-back the first three weeks.

The first week's two episodes will feature Summer Glau.

Of course, things could change between now and then.  Just be glad Dollhouse is back for Season 2.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2009, 03:46:11 PM »
I enjoyed the first episode of V, and will keep watching as long as it doesn't get substantially worse.  My wife was laughing the whole time (AT the show, not WITH it), and has made the comment, when I said that I hoped they avoided the whole lizard-baby thing, "But that was the best PART of the first one!"  ;/

On a possibly-unrelated note - hey, I see we finally got a tinfoil-beanie emoticon!  Just in time for the lizard-spy conspiracy types!

Back to the thread header - I finally watched the Castle ep from 10-26 off of my DVR, and loved it.  Nathan Fillion was obviously having fun with his Whedon work (the whole Cap'n Mal getup, which he's had for "like, 5 years now!", the quickdraw, the Buffy comment in the graveyard).  His shriek of girlish terror was hilarious, too!  That show's going on my must-watch list - I'd forgotten it was on, until I saw the comments about this ep a few weeks ago.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2009, 08:13:37 PM »
I have seen a few episodes of Castle & I like it.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton