Main Forums > The Roundtable

Firearm and caliber wars or What I learned about guns on the Internet

(1/1)

MechAg94:
http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=29440

I think this was taken from akforum.net on their sign up only side or something.  Pretty funny post about all there is to learn about guns on the internet.  :)

--- Quote ---After some years now of reading internet bulletin boards, I think I've got the pros and cons of possible a problem arises rifle choices figured out. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the following is my analysis based upon the wisdom of numerous gun board gurus (you know them, they're always the first ones to tell you a particular model gun is "junk" and enlighten you as to why they have made the only logical purchases)...

The AR 15:
Great, awesome, unbelievable rifle(when it works). Can hit a fly in the butt at 300 yards (when it works). If one is ever attacked by a pack of feral poodles post-a problem arises, this is the perfect defensive rifle (unless it jams, in which case you're poodle food). The upside is that one can hang more plastic aftermarket doo-dads on it than a Christmas tree, which may effectively frighten away bad guys when the gun jams. Also, by simply changing the upper, one can convert it into a Ruger 10/22.

The MINI-14:
Could be a good rifle, but it's not black.

The SKS:
Best obsolete rifle ever made .................

--- End quote ---
...there is more I didn't copy over.

And a bunch more on the negative side.  Here is a piece.

--- Quote ---H&K G-3/HK-91: Ergonomics of a railroad tie. No bolt release, and a locking system that requires three men and a mule to work the cocking handle. Fluted chamber that mauls brass, and violent bolt motion that dings the brass that didn't get mauled too badly by the chamber. Stamped sheet metal construction, yet just as heavy as a milled steel M14. Safety lever that requires unnaturally long thumbs, and a trigger pull that feels like dragging a piano across a gravel road with your index finger. Favorite infantry rifle of Cold War nostalgics and third world commandos.

--- End quote ---
I didn't want to copy the entire long post over, but I thought y'all might appreciate the link.

Boomhauer:
Some of that is the work of Marko Kloos, I believe. Especially the second part you quoted.

http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/2008/12/02/butchering-a-whole-herd-of-holy-cows/

Gowen:

--- Quote ---The MINI-14:
Could be a good rifle, but it's not black@!#$ STINKING #@!$ BILL  &$#@! RUGER.
--- End quote ---

That is the proper internet response about the Mini 14.  No actual comment on the firearms themselves.

MechAg94:
Has anyone ever done a parody on the safety message stamped on the side of their Mark II pistols?

BlueStarLizzard:

--- Quote from: MechAg94 on November 16, 2009, 05:33:50 PM ---Has anyone ever done a parody on the safety message stamped on the side of their Mark II pistols?

--- End quote ---

i hate that!!!!

do you know how awful it is to have a major giggle fit in the middle of a crowded gun store, when your surrounded by a bunch of handsome gunnie guys?

ok well, i doubt it would be the same for ya'll but still...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version