Author Topic: Stimulus such a powerful boost it even creates new congressional districts!  (Read 2794 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=9097853

Here's a stimulus success story: In Arizona's 15th congressional district, 30 jobs have been saved or created with just $761,420 in federal stimulus spending. At least that's what the Web site set up by the Obama administration to track the $787 billion stimulus says.

There's one problem, though: There is no 15th congressional district in Arizona; the state has only eight districts.

And ABC News has found many more entries for projects like this in places that are incorrectly identified.

I'm so glad we have the most transparent administration ever!

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

HankB

• friend
Well, it's hard to keep track of what's happening in all 57 or 58 states  . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

longeyes

• friend
Not just lying but shameless, transparent lying.

Only shrinks can explain this administration.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Standing Wolf

• friend
Only shrinks can explain this administration.

1. It's an "administration" in name only. I believe "regime," spoken with contempt, would be more accurate.

2. Even the most junior amateur psychologist can spot Marxists without much trouble: they're every color of the rainbow on the outside, red inside.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

longeyes

• friend
Yes, they are Marxists, true enough, but even Marxists, living in a country that is decidedly majority non-Marxist, would be less transparently mendacious than this crowd.  There is something wrong with this bunch, and not only politically.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
The Dude has an axe to grind.  He is driven.

Standing Wolf

• friend
There is something wrong with this bunch, and not only politically.

I'll buy that. They're not very competent; they're also not the least bit subtle.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

MechAg94

• friend
I'll buy that. They're not very competent; they're also not the least bit subtle.
It is the complete lack of subtlety that has me a bit baffled.  It almost seems that they believe their own propaganda and actually thing they won a majority of the vote because people actually liked him when it was only a matter of 'he wasn't Bush'. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

brimic

• friends
The whole damned bunch should be impeached.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
From Rep. Carter (R, TX):
http://judgecarter.amplify.com/2009/11/19/kxxv-phantom-districts-in-tx-receiving-stimulus/

WACO - More than $6.4 Billion in Federal Economic Stimulus money is going to 440 congressional districts that do not exist.

Seven of the "phantom" districts, as they are being called, are in Texas. The most recent stimulus report on recovery.gov shows more than $14 million supposedly creating 98 jobs in places that do not exist.

In the non-existent 58th district, about $3.5 million created 45 jobs, and in the "91st district," $57,000 is supposed to be responsible for 30 jobs.

News Channel 25 reached out to the two men representing real districts here in Central Texas. Democrat Chet Edwards voted for the Stimulus Act. Republican John Carter voted against the stimulus.

A spokesman at Edwards' office said the congressman was still preparing his responses to the errors.  Carter, however, had some harsh words after learning about the mistakes.

"We know there's money being spent and if we can't trust the direction as to where it was spent, how can we trust what it was spent [on], or how it was spent?" Carter said.  "I keep asking about this, because quite frankly we're spending ourselves into the poor house."

According to the Associated Press, many of the errors are because data like zip codes and district identifiers are not being entered into computers correctly by those receiving the stimulus dollars.

However, Congressman Carter said he and several other Republicans are looking at action to clean up the sloppy accounting.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Stimulus such a powerful boost it even creates new congressional districts!
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2009, 11:41:04 AM »
However, Congressman Carter said he and several other Republicans are looking at action to clean up the sloppy accounting.

How much will THAT cost us on top of the already spent, misappropriated money?

Do nothing.

Turn off the spigot.

Silence from Capitol Hill for about 6 years is all we need to pay off the national debt. =|
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!