Author Topic: We just got hacked-Fraudulent charges on debit card  (Read 50917 times)

apgdcg01

Re: We just got hacked-Fraudulent charges on debit card
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2010, 12:37:48 PM »
Yea, the Justice web ones do seem to be dropping off. Unfortunately, there are several more charges that total ~$1000.

The good news is that at this point, we are very close to catching the person. I will definitely be contacting the OH PD, and the nice man at the criminal justice council.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2010, 11:02:17 PM »
Well, I just got ripped off again, this time for $513. It was the same thing: the thief had all of the correct information for the card holder. It was around Christmas time, when people buy gifts and send them elsewhere. Turns out the "elsewhere" was where the thief would grab the item. The card holder is disputing the charge, and I have to refund it.

It will take the profits from at least 25 orders to make up for the two frauds this month.

What's really frustrating is that the cops just aren't interested. I had a local cop come around to take a report on the last one so that it could be forwarded to the department in the city where the merchandise was sent. He doesn't even return my calls.

The credit card companies don't care, either. They get their money.

cowboynation

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2010, 07:23:29 PM »
I just got hit by justice web today.I see you guys was hit earlier in the year.Well just to warn you all he hasn't been caught apparently cause he got me twice today.My bank are a bunch of idiots.I had to call them five times on this today alone.The police departments local and in New Albany require you to jump through all these hoops just to file a report and the guy is still doing this.It's gotta be some other way to catch this person.Wonder if the FBI could get in on this before this dude gets millions.Let me know if you guys have any new updates on this slippery moron.

maciver

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2010, 05:03:05 PM »
I was just hit by this ahole company, called the OH police and they said they cant help me call my bank and my local cops.Sorry click....
   Pre auth JUSTICE WEB 866-246-582 LOC: NE W ALBANY OH       (6.50)       

maciver

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2010, 05:14:18 PM »
*New Information* found out that this is a group using card skimmers in cities outside larger military bases, they make a token charge then within a day or two charge laptops and other electronics. Local Pd in my area found one very high end skimmer at a gas station we got gas at 2 weeks ago. It appeared to be stock just a TINY bit thicker. My bank has had 2 of these charges this week. My advice is go to where you got gas for the last month and see if there is a skimmer then call 911 to see if they can get prints off the inside portion or track where its sending the information.

maciver

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2010, 07:13:00 PM »
http://www.shopjustice.com/ is the website that charged the accounts for anyone who was scammed by Justice Web. The phone number for them is 866-246-5822 they are morons and speak really crappy version of english. I explained they needed to cancel any order placed using my card. They could not understand me, once I got someone who spoke better english they tried to explain that the website is very secure and that no one but me could have ordered. I got rude.

jmh30308

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2010, 07:25:38 PM »
I also was just hacked by this Justice Web New Albany OH. My bank has zero tolerance for fraudulent activity and corrected it immediately. You'll have to get a new card number and if you have direct deposit, I would request a new bank account number all together. Also, if you order food online from some little mom and pop shops, only use cash from now on.

FtheseAholes.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2010, 07:47:56 PM »
Here's another example of just how much banks don't care.

Today I received an order for a $1400 ACOG sight. The name of the purchaser and the name on the card sounded like it was a prank (think "JP Rockefeller" or something like that).

Anyway, I called the bank and did an automated address verification. The address verified. I then called the bank's fraud department to ask them to contact the card holder to make sure he actually authorized the purchase. I do this with any big-ticket item. The bank refused to contact him.

So, I can risk losing $1400 by making the sale, or lose a couple of hundred by not making the sale. The bank makes out either way if I make the sale whether it's legitimate or fraud, and they're out nothing if I don't.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2010, 09:29:51 AM »
Find another bank.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2010, 10:07:37 AM »
Find another bank.

For his customer???

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2010, 03:47:00 PM »
i say post the name of the bank so they can receive the shunning they deserve. =D

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2010, 06:22:09 PM »
Bank of America.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2010, 06:24:59 PM »
Bank of America.

There's just not enough capacity for shunning in the world.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2010, 10:31:37 PM »
Turns out it was a fraudulent order, although I didn't find that out through the bank.

Nice of them to cooperate.

A

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2013, 01:56:35 PM »
VISA - JUSTICE WEB 866-24

Is the same vendor who charged my account yesterday. I froze my accounts until I can deal with this on tuesday. With regard to direct deposit. I split my check across two different accounts and 2 different cards. The primary card is what got hit and is also the card I do most of my transactions with. My next move is to have a new card re issued, attached that new card to the direct deposit and get a GIFT VISA card that I can replenish to do my store & internet purchases with just enough to cover my purchases. My card was hit 3 times. My belief is the first two were to test if transactions could be made. Charges were as followed:
$0.62, $1.00, $132.98

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2013, 02:00:09 PM »
VISA - JUSTICE WEB 866-24

Is the same vendor who charged my account yesterday. I froze my accounts until I can deal with this on tuesday. With regard to direct deposit. I split my check across two different accounts and 2 different cards. The primary card is what got hit and is also the card I do most of my transactions with. My next move is to have a new card re issued, attached that new card to the direct deposit and get a GIFT VISA card that I can replenish to do my store & internet purchases with just enough to cover my purchases. My card was hit 3 times. My belief is the first two were to test if transactions could be made. Charges were as followed:
$0.62, $1.00, $132.98

Do you have a good reason to resurrect a 3 year old thread?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Lee

• friend
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2013, 04:37:15 PM »
Interesting...even if 3 years old. 
FYI - New Albany Ohio is a small suburb where the headquarters for Limited Brands is located. http://www.limitedbrands.com/our_company/default.aspx.  Justice stores are in many malls across the US, and perhaps world.  The biggest crime for the local PD is usually speeders, who violate their 25 mph zone. I doubt they would be too interested in cc fraud.   

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2013, 04:51:56 PM »
Limited seems to see lots of fraudulent credit card abuse. My CC number was stolen and used at a Limited store.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Lee

• friend
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2013, 04:58:49 PM »
Its a big company. I just read that they sold Justice last year to Dress Barn. I would suspect that some young female mall employee snagged the cc info.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 05:02:51 PM by Lee »

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2013, 05:08:50 PM »
Interesting...even if 3 years old.  
FYI - New Albany Ohio is a small suburb where the headquarters for Limited Brands is located.   Justice stores are in many malls across the US, and perhaps world.  The biggest crime for the local PD is usually speeders, who violate their 25 mph zone. I doubt they would be too interested in cc fraud.  

OK, had to look that one up.  I'd thought for a second I'd slipped briefly into some AnCap alternate universe.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2013, 05:11:03 PM »
Well now the other charge just dropped off too. 
So at this point I'm not sure it was fraud, but possibly a bank error.
Of course they don't want to admit that.

And they did state that there are no longer fees to have new cards issued.

I chalk this up to one big PHEW!

And a reminder as to how  vulnerable your money really is when held in a bank for convenience.
The merchant might have smelled the scam and canceled the order. I do it all the time with my online store.
As soon as I notice different billing and shipping address I check the phone number first. I look it up then call it, if its no good instant order canceled. I don't even try and contact the buyer.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

G_P

Re: Re: We just got hacked-Fraudulent charges on debit card
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2013, 05:29:09 PM »
I had my BofA card info stolen before the card was even issued!

Bank called and asked if I was buying 100gal of diesel in Texas. I told them that the account had been opened less than 6 hours ago and I didn't even have the card yet.

They had no answer as to how my info was stolen but it was obvious a bank employee was stealing card numbers and probably selling them.

They still took the money out, refunded it a few days later yet still charged me a 35 dollar fee for overdrawing the account and refused to waive it even though it was their fault.

Closed the account and refuse to do buisness with them if they can't even stop their employees from stealing peoples info.

Sent from my C5120 using Tapatalk 2

eyebrows

• friend
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2013, 06:36:32 PM »
We got smacked twice last year. Once was $300 worth of gift cards in Minnesota and then Kansas an hour later.
The Second time it was a 35$ dollar lunch in Arizona.

We got our money back both times but had to get new cards issued.
Both times it was right after my wife ordered something from Groupon.
Finally after telling her a million times not to use debit cards online she is listening  =)
At least if it's a credit card it's the CC's money getting stolen and not ours.