Author Topic: A Nation of Racist Dwarfs  (Read 14912 times)

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Re: A Nation of Racist Dwarfs
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2010, 02:36:17 PM »
That's what bugged me most.  I normally enjoy his posts, and to see that being thrown in there time and time again - not a lot of value added...  =|
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2010, 02:43:02 PM »
1.  This probably wouldn't fly at TFL since they're much stricter about things being on topic.  We have no such prohibitions.
2.  It becomes obnoxious when you have to read damn near everything posted on a board and every time you see a Standing Wolf post, you can bet money on the content of that post.

It's a shame because his relevant posts are interesting and worth reading...

Chris

1.  This probably wouldn't fly at TFL since they're much stricter about things being on topic.  We have no such prohibitions.

And yet someone felt it necessary to edit a member's post because he didn't like said member's post.
You knew this was going to happen. :P
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2010, 02:48:30 PM »
And yet someone felt it necessary to edit a member's post because he didn't like said member's post.
You knew this was going to happen. :P

That was only after asking him multiple times to lay off. 

Your link is broken. 

Chris

taurusowner

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2010, 10:43:31 PM »
The phrase, "we're here to preserve democracy, not practice it" comes to mind.  I know all about APS being a private forum, so save me that excuse.  But the idea of going into someone's post and editing their comments strikes me as the lowest of the low.  It's one thing to use Moderator powers to delete a post that the staff doesn't feel appropriate (and that's a whole different topic), but to change a post and leave it up is just plain dishonest.  It puts content and ideas into the public forum under the guise of one member, when that member did NOT in fact say those things.  If the Mods don't like a post, they should just delete it, not change it.  To put new content under the member's name is misrepresentation plain and simple.  I thought the people who tend to frequent forums such as these were above that kind of deception.

As far as the blaming Bush thing being overused, it's FAR more annoying coming from our "President" than it is reading in jest on some forum.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2010, 12:20:06 AM »
If the Mods don't like a post, they should just delete it, not change it.  To put new content under the member's name is misrepresentation plain and simple.  I thought the people who tend to frequent forums such as these were above that kind of deception.

We tried that and we tried asking nicely.  We didn't get much response until we modified the profanity filter to replace the phrase with one of our choosing.  Funny how that works...

Chris

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2010, 01:25:08 AM »
That was only after asking him multiple times to lay off. 

Your link is broken. 

Chris

It works fine for me. You might have to sign in and do a search on his name.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2010, 01:30:41 AM »
Any chance of getting back to discussing the OP ??

;)
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2010, 12:11:01 PM »
If Democrats and Obama weren't still using Bush as an excuse (in the State of the Union Address no less), I would be the first to agree we should put it aside.  I guess they won't stop until they find someone else to blame their failures on.

Hey, at least they are no longer blaming Raaay-gunn!

If W has one accomplishment to his name, it is replacing Raaay-gunn! as the the cause of all leftists find wrong in the world.

Yeah, SW's shtick was a little old, but every time ol' Hopeychangey blamed W in public, it was revitalized.

Using the language filter in such a way was a bit low, given there was no obvious indication that the post was altered by the mgt. 

With a disclaimer: "Ah, that's kinda funny, they are poking SW for his shtick."

Without a disclaimer: "Now, that's creepifying.  I wouldn't blame SW for telling them to urinate up a rope and not returning."
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2010, 02:39:16 PM »
Any chance of getting back to discussing the OP ??

;)

I'd like to, but I'm not sure what to say.

North Korea is the most closed, paranoid, totalitarian, and racist place on earth right now, and it's a ticking time-bomb because their one sole ally, China, is modernizing at a ferocious rate, and opening up (to a degree) that even they will probably have a "parting of the ways" with the Norks eventually.

What then?  =|
I promise not to duck.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2010, 02:44:04 PM »
^^^ I worry that the Norks will try to go out in a blaze of glory and artillery attacks on Seoul. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2010, 03:16:39 PM »
^^^ I worry that the Norks will try to go out in a blaze of glory and artillery attacks on Seoul. 
Aren't they making more noise along those lines lately?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2010, 03:20:20 PM »
Yep, my concern is that once they get enough* nukes, they'll be tempted to re-uniy the Korea's by blackmail or force.  It's hard to neogotiatie with Suicide Societies/.GOV's  And the Norks qualify...

*enough being one or more that they think they can get to the US, to keep us from being involved.   
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

taurusowner

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2010, 03:56:29 PM »
I think that self-preservation would be a strong motivator to not use nukes against South Korea.  They, and Iran as well, have to know that the US has more than enough nuclear weapons to cover both countries simultaneously.  So on it's face, that should be enough to give them pause about using them.

BUT, they also know that the US is not a dedicated as that.  Would the American people really allow us to destroy an entire nation for using one nuke against South Korea or Israel?  Even if Iran built 50 weapons and wiped Isreal off the map tomorrow, would this US government actually retaliate?  We could, but would we?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2010, 04:07:32 PM »
Hey, at least they are no longer blaming Raaay-gunn!
Actually, a couple of weeks ago I read someone in Kali WAS blaming Reagan for their current budget problems.

But getting back to the OP . . . anyone else pick up on this little tidbit:

Myers makes a persuasive case that we should instead regard the Kim Jong-il system as a phenomenon of the very extreme and pathological right.

So . . . Kim Jong-Il is a right-winger . . . and by implication, a conservative.

Also notice:

The United States and its partners make up in aid for the huge shortfall in North Korea's food production, but there is not a hint of acknowledgement of this by the authorities, who tell their captive subjects that the bags of grain stenciled with the Stars and Stripes are tribute paid by a frightened America to the Dear Leader.
Who in our government has found a way to line their pockets by feeding the enemy?

. . . Would the American people really allow us to destroy an entire nation for using one nuke against South Korea or Israel?  Even if Iran built 50 weapons and wiped Isreal off the map tomorrow, would this US government actually retaliate? . . .
The problem wouldn't be with the American people, it would be with the current administration. Sadly, I can't even be certain that BHO would retaliate in kind against NK or Iran even if the target were NYC . . .
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 09:40:51 PM by HankB »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2010, 05:13:47 PM »
>Would the American people really allow us to destroy an entire nation for using one nuke against South Korea or Israel?  Even if Iran built 50 weapons and wiped Isreal off the map tomorrow, would this US government actually retaliate?  We could, but would we?<

If Israel or S Korea were attacked, I'm not sure. However, if a nuke was launched at (and hit) the US, I would fear for the lives of our misrepresentatives in gooberment if they DIDN'T retaliate, and harshly.

No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2010, 05:33:53 PM »
I assume China pumps a lot of money into NK and probably has moles in every sector of NK government.

So if they wanted to they could remove NK as a problem pretty much overnight by stopping the money flow and destabilizing the gov through assassination and sabotage. Not to mention being able to roll over the NK armed forces.

The question then: Is why don't they?

Maybe because they can do research down there that cannot be traced back to them or cause their own citizens problems if there is a disaster. Or maybe they don't want another highly capitalistic and open society right on their border.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2010, 05:35:09 PM »
And on the other issue in this thread, imagine if these discussions were in person and one fellow kept throwing out the same line over and over.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2010, 07:07:58 PM »
Also, China can play straight man to NK's crazy man.  Or as long as NK is a threat to SK, we are distracted in our dealings with China. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge