Author Topic: Lawmaker Seeks to End Sexy Cheerleading  (Read 8555 times)

Sean Smith

Lawmaker Seeks to End Sexy Cheerleading
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2005, 07:06:47 AM »
You know, every potentially naughty thing on Earth doesn't need to have a STATE LAW made to address it.  rolleyes

There are plenty of avenues for the parents to make their local school behave itself.

onions!

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2005, 07:57:10 AM »
Quote from: Sean Smith
There are plenty of avenues for the parents to make their local school behave itself.
& if the legislation passes one of the avenues a parent could take will have been used.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2005, 08:52:14 AM »
Sean Smith wrote:

& if the legislation passes one of the avenues a parent could take will have been used.
If it happens it will eliminate one more aspect of the parents' ability to control their children's education at the local level by ripping away their control over that aspect of their child's life and handing it over to the state. This helps the parents how?

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Sean Smith

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2005, 09:06:49 AM »
Quote from: 41mag
Quote from: Sean Smith
Riiight.  I'm sure a vaguely-worded state law will get rid of rampant booty-shaking.  Since they are so effective at eliminating poverty, crime, illegal drugs, and so forth.  rolleyes

onions!

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2005, 09:51:32 AM »
I was trying to imply that if enough people agreed that that was one of the avenues they could take.Assuming that I meant that .gov intervention would be the best thing would be incorrect.I was saying that that's one avenue.

The law doesn't have to be vague either.If I'd been asked(Smiley & I'm shocked that I haven't been.rolleyes)I'd put every student enrolled in public schools in uniform.Shirt & slacks-boys & girls-nothing else.No extra curricular sports either.Gym class through grade twelve.Booty shaking problem solved.

Let kids learn their boundries from their parents.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2005, 03:09:57 PM »
Ya know, the rest of the world seems to do sports without cheerleaders just fine.

Those of you lamenting the sad state of eductational budgets might want to consider whether the money spent on teaching high school girls to wiggle their butts and buying the clothes for this activity might not be best spent on something more educational.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

Matt Payne

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2005, 08:32:17 PM »
"I don't think this law would really shake the industry at all. In fact, it would give parents a better feeling, mostly dads and boyfriends, too," Farias said.
Industry?

In the grand scheme of teen sexuality and morality, I doubt that cheerleading stands as a leading influencer of behavior.