Author Topic: NASA: I'm confused.  (Read 14562 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: NASA: I'm confused.
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2010, 03:00:46 PM »
Considering the vastness of space even close to earth, I was thinking that within a couple miles of a satellite is very very close as well.  The relative speed is pretty large. 

How many of those nuclear ABM's were actually tested?  I knew they used them in limited numbers, but I don't think I ever heard that. 

All that said, I doubt we would have too much trouble coming up with a way to down satellites, but I agree it would be nice to have one in inventory.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2010, 04:39:45 PM »
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2010, 04:56:00 PM »

See, this is what I don't get.  He boosted NASA funding by 6 Billion dollars and gave them a mandate to design a new heavy lift rocket.  So....?

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2010, 07:30:27 PM »
@Mellestad: PM sent.

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2010, 03:08:32 AM »
See, this is what I don't get.  He boosted NASA funding by 6 Billion dollars and gave them a mandate to design a new heavy lift rocket.  So....?
If I gave someone seventy-five cents and told them to make a steak dinner with it, either I don't expect a steak dinner or I don't understand the price of steak.
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2010, 05:05:15 PM »
If I gave someone seventy-five cents and told them to make a steak dinner with it, either I don't expect a steak dinner or I don't understand the price of steak.

Well, the budget now is higher in inflation adjusted dollars than it has been in about ten years.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_Budget  I dunno, I just don't know what there is to complain about Obama's treatment of NASA, unless you want him to cut the NASA budget or return it to 60's levels.