Author Topic: You're voting today, right?  (Read 6499 times)

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Re: You're voting today, right?
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2010, 10:34:20 PM »
In MT it doesn't matter your registered party affiliation, unless you want to run for office.

They send you both D/R ballots, and you send back one or the other.
That's the way Indiana did it back when I lived there.  You go to the polls, tell 'em which side you want to vote on, and they give you the appropriate party ballot.

HankB

• friend
Re: You're voting today, right?
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2010, 09:19:13 AM »
That's the way Indiana did it back when I lived there.  You go to the polls, tell 'em which side you want to vote on, and they give you the appropriate party ballot.
In TX, the only restriction I'm aware of is that if you vote in one party's primary, you can only vote in that same party's runoff. (If there is one.)

When I lived in MN, I remember one year the Democratic party had a LARGE influx of newly-declared Democrats . . . the Dems had a sinuglarly unsavory (and rabidly anti-gun) candidate running who polls deemed the front runner, and Minnesota's sportsmen and gun owners decided to vote in the Dem primary and defeat him right there.

We did.  =D

(Of course, it may be that Dems helped McCain get the GOP presidential nomination by crossing over the same way in some states . . . )
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain