Main Forums > The Roundtable

Oil WAR...just a matter of time

(1/6) > >>

telewinz:
With gas prices (energy) going up so early this year and some saying $3.50 a gallon by July, do you think our way of life can go unchanged without armed conflict?

Standing Wolf:
If all else fails, perhaps we could drill for oil in Alaska. Heck, we could even drill for oil in the People's Republic of California.

Phantom Warrior:
That's pretty standard overseas.  When I was in Seoul, South Korea in 2003 I figured that the price of gas was about $4/gallon (I had to convert from won/liter to dollars/gallon).  And the papers keeps saying that, taking inflation into account, oil would have to hit $90 a barrel to be even comparable to the 80s.  I don't think $3.50 is close to being enough for war.

But I agree we need to quit dicking around and start taking advantage of all the oil we have right here at home.

Wildalaska:

--- Quote ---If all else fails, perhaps we could drill for oil in Alaska.Chalk one up...Alaskans 1, Whiny Ignorant lefty Extemeists 0

WildoilboyAlaska

Cool Hand Luke 22:36:

--- Quote ---With gas prices (energy) going up so early this year and some saying $3.50 a gallon by July, do you think our way of life can go unchanged without armed conflictNo, we'd be back to where we were in the 70's during the Arab oil embargos: gas lines, even/odd gas days, priority at US refineries for heating oil and diesel fuel, etc.

As for war, if a shortage were coupled with another major terror attack in the US, the American people would support seizure of Saudi Arabia's oil fields for sure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version