Author Topic: Oil WAR...just a matter of time  (Read 5617 times)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Oil WAR...just a matter of time
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2005, 09:34:46 PM »
Quote from: RileyMc
There won't be any 'armed conflict'.  We'll just bend over, take it up to the hilt, and pay whatever it costs, all the while whining and complaining like the wusses we are.
What happened to free market capitalism?  Producers willing to charge what they will, and letting the market price itself?

Out of curiousity, RileyMc, what would you see as the prefered solution?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Chuck Jennings

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2005, 09:50:33 PM »
Oil wars are certainly possible, but I think we will be likely to have a war over water resources before that.

Paddy

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2005, 04:46:23 AM »
What happened to free market capitalism?
It doesn't exist.  Governments, especially the U.S. government have involved themselves in manipulating the minutia of commerce for a long time.

Out of curiousity, RileyMc, what would you see as the prefered solution?
Break up and disband the cozy relationship between government and the corporations who control government for their own protection.  Get government out of business and business out of government.  Reverse the Supreme Court decision that recognizes a corporation as a person.  That's a start.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2005, 08:38:27 AM »
Quote from: RileyMc
It doesn't exist.  Governments, especially the U.S. government have involved themselves in manipulating the minutia of commerce for a long time.

Break up and disband the cozy relationship between government and the corporations who control government for their own protection.  Get government out of business and business out of government.  Reverse the Supreme Court decision that recognizes a corporation as a person.  That's a start.
Bingo.

I don't see it happening voluntarily.  Government and corporations are too much in bed with each other.  A lot of money changes hands.  Neither Democrats nor Republicans have any desire to reform the system that is so profitable to them.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.