Author Topic: Bad Driver? NO GUN FOR YOU!!  (Read 1576 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Bad Driver? NO GUN FOR YOU!!
« on: October 27, 2010, 11:03:33 AM »
NYC appears to be taking the Soup Nazi to heart. Littering, bad driving, getting fired, all reasons to refuse a gun permit.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/23/nyc-proposal-renders-bad-drivers-debtors-unfit-guns/?test=latestnews
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Bad Driver? NO GUN FOR YOU!!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 11:11:53 AM »
 [tinfoil]  More political idiocity from the Naked City. ;/
I don't know how anyone could support Bloomberg.  In fact, I give up. 
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 12:57:38 PM »
The linked article mentioned a premesis license was $70, and a carry license was $110.

They vastly understated the true cost, since they failed to include the thousands of dollars in campaign contributions or under-the-table business kickbacks to politician's and their clients that had to take place before even applying for a carry license in NYC. (Assuming you actually expected it to be granted.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 03:24:31 PM »
The linked article mentioned a premesis license was $70, and a carry license was $110.

They vastly understated the true cost, since they failed to include the thousands of dollars in campaign contributions or under-the-table business kickbacks to politician's and their clients that had to take place before even applying for a carry license in NYC. (Assuming you actually expected it to be granted.)

Those are the proposed license fees.  They're currently several hundred dollars, plus bribe money.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 01:14:03 PM »
Embarrassing.   :facepalm:

At least the comments are mostly of the WTF variety.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 09:06:07 PM »
I was born in NYC, but left many years ago.

These type of things embarass me, and make me angry.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen