Author Topic: Yemeni bomb: Obama "October surprise"?  (Read 4492 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Yemeni bomb: Obama "October surprise"?
« on: October 30, 2010, 01:27:34 AM »
I heard the news about the bomb found today, and my first reaction was suspicion. Coming just four days before the election, I couldn't help but think that it was an attempt to get the public to rally 'round the president.

I know that conspiracies are almost impossible in government (except vast right wing conspiracies), but it wouldn't take but a few select people to say a bomb had been found. Everyone else down the line would be reacting on the basis of a bomb having been found.

The flip side of such a conspiracy would be the public reaction being one of disappointment in the administration, after eight years of almost no attacks on the US.

Just my mind stumbling around at 12:27 am. ;)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Yemeni bomb: Obama "October surprise"?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 01:30:43 AM »
Fed-ex must be loving it, UPS planes all over the nooz gettting bad press.  "When there's a bomb in the sky from some angry Yemeni guy that's logistics...."
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 03:41:00 AM »
That makes no sense.

The administration has built its entire renome in this area as being 'soft' (deliberately). If they get the public angry at the terrorists and the countries they come from, that would lead the public to increase their support of Republicans, who have built their brand on being hard on terrorism. Even the Democrats' own depiction of Republicans is that of a party that is tough and rough on terrorists and the countries they come from (the Dems just think the Repubs focus on that too much).
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 10:42:29 AM »
Yes, MicroBalrog, that's true. The rap on Obama is that he's been soft on terrorists and the nations that sponsor terrorism. Could be this was an attempt by Obama to appear tough on terrorism. After all, he did use the word "terrorism", maybe for the first time in over a year.

I know it's a looney idea, but it smells a lot like Clinton launching a cruise missile attack on the eve of his impeachment hearings.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 12:39:47 PM »
I'm leaning against the "conspiracy" angle.  The big problem for the white house and powers that be is the economy.  This plot was successfully thwarted (or so it seems as I write this) and I don't think it is going to change any minds at the voting booth.
Now, had the plot actually succeeded, and many lives were lost, that would create a whole new game for Obama & company -- and it wouldn't be one to their favor.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 03:38:25 PM »
Fed-ex must be loving it, UPS planes all over the nooz gettting bad press.  "When there's a bomb in the sky from some angry Yemeni guy that's logistics...."

At least now, that earworm will be a bit more entertaining. =D Thanks! =|
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 09:02:13 PM »
I heard the news about the bomb found today, and my first reaction was suspicion.

Same here, especially after listening to Barry's press conference, which was 'I this' and 'I that'.

I was not impressed at all.

Especially odd that the initial call came from the Saudis....

Jamie
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 10:29:53 PM »
Especially odd that the initial call came from the Saudis....
Maybe we should outsource our human intel collecting.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 10:44:34 PM »
Same here, especially after listening to Barry's press conference, which was 'I this' and 'I that'.

The last actual count I saw of the number of times he's used "I", "me," or some variant of such in his speeches since taking office was over 16,000. And I saw that count months ago. Must be over 20,000 now.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2010, 11:18:35 PM »
Maybe we should outsource our human intel collecting.

Yea, I was thinkin' that, also!

They got nothin' on us except, nuts, money!

Blasted oil revenue...we should have kept Kuwait!
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2010, 11:21:53 PM »
The last actual count I saw of the number of times he's used "I", "me," or some variant of such in his speeches since taking office was over 16,000. And I saw that count months ago. Must be over 20,000 now.
Don't even get me started.......it's going to be a long 2 years.

He did get slapped around a bit by John Stewart last week, and I enjoyed it very much.

I heard Rush whining that Stewart called him 'Dude', as in 'Don't even go there, Dude'!

I liked the irreverence of 'Dude'!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2010, 11:29:40 PM »
Heck, If UPS does like they do around here the bomb wouldn't get delivered to the right address anyway.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2010, 12:17:46 AM »
Maybe we should have let the deliveries go to Chicago as scheduled, and re-routed them to Rahm Emanuel!

Two stones, one bird!

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2010, 08:58:07 AM »
Heck, If UPS does like they do around here the bomb wouldn't get delivered to the right address anyway.

Stamp it "FRAGILE" and they'll break it before it gets there.

If it didn't cost so darn much, I'd ship an anvil marked "FRAGILE" just to see what they come up with to destroy it.  That, or make a giant Weeble, and box it with "THIS SIDE UP" on the wrong end.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2010, 10:01:10 AM »
This administration is too distracted buying votes and paying off Unions with public money to create a conspiracy.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2010, 01:12:42 PM »
If this were a liberal conspiracy, it would have been the non-union FedEx that would have been "found" to have the bombs. UPS is a union shop, and thus less of a desirable stooge for the current administration.