Author Topic: TSA Super Thread  (Read 209620 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: Fighting back against the TSA?
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2010, 07:46:20 AM »
Except when it's not an Arab.  Like the British born shoe bomber.

Yes, let's all cower under our beds in fear of people who think setting C4 on fire is the way to exploding planes.

Nothing would bring me more glee than having ALL Islamic terrorists try that.

"Here, Ahmad. Wrap yourself in this explosive... here is your match... good luck."
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2010, 09:19:36 AM »
Nitrated hexamine and similar compounds are toxic when burned.

Not healthy.

It's really irresponsible to suggest that suicide bombers try to use simple fire to light plastic explosives.  =|
I promise not to duck.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2010, 09:40:12 AM »
Alternatively they may try setting their underoos on fire. That's cool too.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

AZRedhawk44

• friends
TSA Super Thread
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2010, 09:42:38 AM »
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/nov/15/tsa-probe-scan-resistor/

If they can't probe him rectally, then they'll probe him with all the legal/LEO resources they can throw at him. :'(

And to add continued petty TSA-style insult to injury:

Michael J. Aguilar, chief of the TSA office in San Diego, called a news conference at the airport Monday afternoon to announce the probe. He said the investigation could lead to prosecution and civil penalties of up to $11,000.

TSA agents had told Tyner on Saturday that he could be fined up to $10,000.

“That’s the old fine,” Aguilar said. “It has been increased.”

Probably because of inflation.  Dog's gotta eat, ya know?

« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 07:53:08 PM by JamisJockey »
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: The Government: Your Enemy
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2010, 10:23:52 AM »
you might read the 9th circuits opinion that borks this guy   it actually makes sense  against all odds
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #105 on: November 16, 2010, 10:32:01 AM »
It's fairly obvious to see where this is headed ...

Shoe bomber

Penis bomber

Anus bomber

;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2010, 10:34:27 AM »
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #107 on: November 16, 2010, 10:40:03 AM »
The Government: Your Enemy 

Unfortunately a lot of people are just now figuring that out  =(

Living inside a dystopian science fiction story is not nearly as fun as reading it in a book or watching it on a movie/tv screen.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #108 on: November 16, 2010, 10:47:19 AM »
Living inside a dystopian science fiction story is not nearly as fun as reading it in a book or watching it on a movie/tv screen.

I wish we at least had the SciFi to go along with our oppression. :(

Chris

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #109 on: November 16, 2010, 10:51:42 AM »
I wish we at least had the SciFi to go along with our oppression. :(

Chris

Well, we do have a lot of it.  There's that internet thingie, for one.

Iris scans not sci-fi enough for you...?  =(

http://www.lewrockwell.com/whitehead/whitehead21.1.html

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #110 on: November 16, 2010, 11:03:29 AM »
What is government today but molestation writ large?

And who would expect otherwise with the people now in control?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2010, 11:15:07 AM »
I can't help but wonder if they're now going after this guy with both barrels to try and discourage others from opting out on opt-out day? Which if it gets enough public participation, will get a lot of media coverage and give the TSA the metaphorical bloody nose.

If they are, bad move on their part. They're reading the mood of the country about as well as Pelosi did.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2010, 11:21:12 AM »
That's what happens when small people are granted large authority.   :mad:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2010, 11:29:39 AM »
TSA agents had told Tyner on Saturday that he could be fined up to $10,000.

“That’s the old fine,” Aguilar said. “It has been increased.”

"This one goes to 11"
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2010, 11:36:44 AM »
"This one goes to 11"

i c whut you did there
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2010, 11:53:48 AM »
This crap does remind me of Halflife II (minus the head crabs and whatnot). =| That's more sci-fi than I'm comfortable with.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

AZRedhawk44

• friends
But the Nekkid Scanner Pics Aren't Saved!!!oneoneleventy1!
« Reply #116 on: November 16, 2010, 11:57:24 AM »
http://gizmodo.com/5690749/

Supposedly "unsaved" scans from a courthouse.

The US Marshalls that did this, did it illegally.

Suppose they'll be held accountable?

Suppose anyone else saved pics on nekkid scanners?  Suppose they'll be held accountable?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #117 on: November 16, 2010, 12:00:04 PM »
This crap does remind me of Halflife II (minus the head crabs and whatnot). =| That's more sci-fi than I'm comfortable with.

--Lysander Spooner

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
Re: But the Nekkid Scanner Pics Aren't Saved!!!oneoneleventy1!
« Reply #118 on: November 16, 2010, 12:04:54 PM »
I heard the TSA images are reviewed remotely

something is cached somewhere
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2010, 12:23:50 PM »
We're from the glovernment and we're here to help. Now bend over.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #120 on: November 16, 2010, 12:27:57 PM »

I'm waiting for when they put up the giant screens with Dear Leader preaching to us and Civil Protection starts patrolling the streets.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #121 on: November 16, 2010, 12:46:49 PM »

Ayep.  Welcome to the future.  It's a lot like the past. 

I had to agree with the folks that say we're living in science fiction.  We have swarms of semi-autonomous drones that we use to assassinate our enemies in many places around the world, we have massive active domestic surveillance programs, any telecommunication connection can be tapped on the fly, we can communicate across the world in full video with barely noticable lag or expense, we have robots active on other planets, we genetically modify life every day, we can actually move around individual atoms and do interesting stuff with them, people are starting to do biological engineering in basement labs to create new life, etc.   Most of this so routine, we don't even think about it. 

Some of us are not surprised that we ended up with combination of Firefly, Shadowrun and Count Zero instead of say, Star Trek where everything is so neat and clean.   Tech changes.  People don't.  Governments don't.  We had a chance on July 2, 1776, in June 1783 and another on July 1794.  Looks like we've badly blown those.  But each and every day is a chance to turn the ship around... 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: But the Nekkid Scanner Pics Aren't Saved!!!oneoneleventy1!
« Reply #122 on: November 16, 2010, 12:47:42 PM »

TSA procurement specifications require the ability to transmit and/or save said images.  TSA promises they are not using the features they require.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
--Lysander Spooner

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: TSA Plays "Pocket Pool" With Passenger's Equipment
« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2010, 01:55:49 PM »
This being infowars, it may be literally not real.