Author Topic: TSA Super Thread  (Read 210581 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Re: Fighting back against the TSA?
« Reply #225 on: November 18, 2010, 11:01:21 AM »
Stopping the threat is the goal. Modern JHPs do that better than frangible.  No agency that I know of uses frangible ammo on aircraft. 

Fly320s, do you know what they recommend for the Flight Deck Officer program?  It would stand to reason that the Air Marshals would have a say as to what type of ammo is to be carried by an FDO.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #226 on: November 18, 2010, 11:02:19 AM »
So... what if you actually have something in your pants - like a zuchinni for instance?
(are vegetables illegal now?)

What do they do then  ???

How bad is the backscatter going to hurt the animal smuggling trade?
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: TSA Plays "Pocket Pool" With Passenger's Equipment
« Reply #227 on: November 18, 2010, 11:07:26 AM »
Should a woman have to submit to being raped? I mean, after all, there might be a bomb up there.

Coming soon to an airport near you  :mad:

Holiday season is coming up - time for a body cavity bomber  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #228 on: November 18, 2010, 11:11:01 AM »
You trying to squash our freedom?

It's a growing worry.  We must be garden against it.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #229 on: November 18, 2010, 11:39:56 AM »
The sooner we accept the fact that we are going to lose planes, malls, even cities, the sooner we will go on the offensive and do what's necessary.

Instead of going door to door in Afghanistan we need to go door to door in the Riyadh Ritz-Carlton.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #230 on: November 18, 2010, 11:45:29 AM »
We will do ANYTHING to avoid "profiling," anything to avoid doing what makes sense to win this war.  America should have mobilized nine years ago.  Our airports are the only place most Americans have any contact with The Great Unpleasantness.

profiling carrys the seeds for fail
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #231 on: November 18, 2010, 11:54:33 AM »

wouldn't want to derail the win we have going on now would we?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #232 on: November 18, 2010, 12:05:30 PM »

???
What does that mean?

You do realize there are different ways to profile, and, that no "profile" has to remain static? 
The Israelis seem to have it right.  They don't have airplanes falling out of the sky every day.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #233 on: November 18, 2010, 12:15:23 PM »
Pics or I call BS.  :P

Nekkid pics is not the same thing as nekkid.

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #234 on: November 18, 2010, 12:21:18 PM »
???
What does that mean?

You do realize there are different ways to profile, and, that no "profile" has to remain static? 
The Israelis seem to have it right.  They don't have airplanes falling out of the sky every day.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/744199---israelification-high-security-little-bother  Interesting article.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #235 on: November 18, 2010, 12:24:56 PM »
Nekkid pics is not the same thing as nekkid.

Which, I think, will be eerily close to the government's defense of TSA nekkid machines.

"It's not REALLY a strip search, and you're not REALLY nekkid.  We're just looking through your clothes and bypassing the consent involved in having you disrobe."
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #236 on: November 18, 2010, 12:36:58 PM »
"Introducing the American Traveler Dignity Act"

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=39467

Go, Ron!
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #237 on: November 18, 2010, 12:47:17 PM »
"Introducing the American Traveler Dignity Act"

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=39467

Go, Ron!

Everyone, write your critter!

Get 'em to co-sponsor.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

• friends
« Reply #238 on: November 18, 2010, 12:59:36 PM »
you guys need to get that video off gizmodo   letting folks actually see the images that are spawning the zomg isn't wotking well.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #239 on: November 18, 2010, 01:03:44 PM »
My letter:

Mr. Flake:

I write you to urge that you co-sponsor the newly proposed legislation that Dr. Paul from TX has presented to the House:  The American Traveler Dignity Act.

I tell you now, that I have sworn off flying.  I have a good life and would very much like to travel and visit parts of our country I've yet to see.  DC, NY, the home of the American Revolution in Lexington and Concord...there are many places in this country I'd like to explore.

But I'm not setting one foot on airport property if I'm subject to a choice of:
1. Either being compelled to have naked pictures taken of me
2. or being groped by a sub-$10/hr high school dropout bureaucrat

I tell you now, I absolutely will not relent in this.  I'll get my private pilot's license before submitting to such debased treatment.

Please fix our airport security.  Implement behavioral profiling.  Eliminate the "thousands standing around."  Eliminate the blanket accusation that the American people are the problem in this matter.  Remove the Federal Government from the issue entirely, and present airline security as the duty of the private carrier.  Give me a choice as a consumer, if I want to go on Airline A and get sexually assaulted by a sub-$10/hr goon, or Airline B that implements behavioral profiling.

Please, Mr. Flake: Support and co-sponsor Dr. Paul's American Traveler Dignity Act.

Find your critter:

https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml
--Lysander Spooner

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #240 on: November 18, 2010, 01:11:27 PM »
Another totalitarian masking as a conservative, meet Emmett Tyrrell.

http://townhall.com/columnists/EmmettTyrrell/2010/11/18/pat_me,_pat_me/page/1
Hello Emmett, meet the internet. Have a look around and you will find many other sites pissed off about this too.

Seriously WTF? A soothing pat down is he trying to be funny or does he actually think that? What if the patter-downer looks like Mr. T? Gonna be happy about getting patted down then? How about when Mr. T grabs your junk?

<Mr T's voice> I PITY THE FOOL THAT OPS OUT!</Mr T's voice>

This.  Damned statists in conservative clothing.

Ron Paul in the House on this issue:
http://www.c-spanvideo.org/videoLibrary/clip.php?appid=599164944
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #241 on: November 18, 2010, 01:37:43 PM »
???
What does that mean?

In fairness, neither do we.  Before the TSA, even
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #242 on: November 18, 2010, 01:42:04 PM »
This.  Damned statists in conservative clothing.

Ron Paul in the House on this issue:
http://www.c-spanvideo.org/videoLibrary/clip.php?appid=599164944

I could literally almost spit into Ron Paul's district from my house.  As soon as we're looking to buy, I'm going to really try to buy in his district.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

BrokenPaw

• friends
  • Sedit qvi timvit ne non svccederet.
    • ShadowGrove Interpath Ministry
« Reply #243 on: November 18, 2010, 01:52:30 PM »
I wrote to my rep (Frank Wolf) using their web-form thingummy.

I was trying to use the word "alternative" in my message, and every time I wrote it, a dialog popped up telling me that, due to House regulations, I could not use the word "alter" in my message, and it edited it to spell it "al_ter".

So a couple things:
  • What sort of idiotic program thinks that "alternative" and "alter" are equivalent?
  • What sort of idiotic policy prohibits the use of the word "alter" in a message to a congressman?  Is it some sort of poor-man's SQL-injection filter?  I didn't use the words "insert", "drop", or "update" in my message; perhaps I should have, to see if they were on the Proscribed Words list, too.
Seek out wisdom in books, rare manuscripts, and cryptic poems if you will, but seek it also in simple stones and fragile herbs and in the cries of wild birds. Listen to the song of the wind and the roar of water if you would discover magic, for it is here that the old secrets are still preserved.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #244 on: November 18, 2010, 01:54:50 PM »
They probably meant to deny the word "altar" instead of "alter".

Separation of church and state, donchaknow.

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

BrokenPaw

• friends
  • Sedit qvi timvit ne non svccederet.
    • ShadowGrove Interpath Ministry
« Reply #245 on: November 18, 2010, 02:00:06 PM »
They probably meant to deny the word "altar" instead of "alter".
Separation of church and state, donchaknow.

I actually had that thought, too.  If you're right, then add a third item to my list:
  • What sort of idiotic web programmer fails to know the difference between "alter"(v) and "altar"(n)?
Seek out wisdom in books, rare manuscripts, and cryptic poems if you will, but seek it also in simple stones and fragile herbs and in the cries of wild birds. Listen to the song of the wind and the roar of water if you would discover magic, for it is here that the old secrets are still preserved.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #246 on: November 18, 2010, 02:07:30 PM »

I'm sure you're assuming all profiling is race based. 
El Al personnel are trained to sniff out things that just ain't right.  One way last minute cash flights. Nervous passengers.  No luggage.  Passport has all stamps from places that breed terrorists.
No, it ain't perfect. 
But here it is:
1) There is no Constitutional duty nor right for the Government to provide airport screening.
2) There is a right to not be subjected to unreasonable search and seizure
3) Criminals and suspects get frisked.  An American citizen flying should not be treated as an immediate suspect of a crime
4) The airline industry is a private enterprise.  The Government is interceding into a private transaction
5) Basic human dignity.  I should not have to worry about the TSA fondling my wife's boobs just so I can enter into a private contract with a private company to provide a service
6) Its an illusion of security. Checkpoints themselves are targets. And how long until we get a rectal-bomber? 
7) When is enough enough?
8) We were lied to, right to our faces.  They have told us they won't save the images. Lie.
9) The quality of TSA employees is suspect at best.  These people get to look at me naked?   ;/
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #247 on: November 18, 2010, 02:11:39 PM »
a pubic school grad? :laugh:

once more, spelling intentional. :P hey that one work on TSA employs as well. :laugh:

• friends
« Reply #248 on: November 18, 2010, 02:18:24 PM »
wouldn't want to derail the win we have going on now would we?

has someone blown up a plane recently i missed?

• friends
« Reply #249 on: November 18, 2010, 02:26:48 PM »
1) There is no Constitutional duty nor right for the Government to provide airport screening. air travel on a private carrier
2) There is a right to not be subjected to unreasonable search and seizure and the right to refuse to fly
3) Criminals and suspects get frisked.  An American citizen flying should not be treated as an immediate suspect of a crime
4) The airline industry is a private enterprise.  The Government is interceding into a private transaction and the airlines are a regulated industry subject to the whims and vagaries of our gov
5) Basic human dignity.  I should not have to worry about the TSA fondling my wife's boobs just so I can enter into a private contract with a private company to provide a service even if i know in advance the preconditions and what to expect?
6) Its an illusion of security. Checkpoints themselves are targets. And how long until we get a rectal-bomber? its all a game and illusion to a great degree  the idea is to make certain methods difficult enough to steer the whackjobs elsewhere
7) When is enough enough?
Cool We were lied to, right to our faces.  They have told us they won't save the images. Lie.the us marshalls at the court house are not tsa  do you have a case where tsa saved images outside their training mode as outlined in the specs you so kindly provided?
9) The quality of TSA employees is suspect at best.  These people get to look at me naked? serves em right! there isn't enough money in the world for that >:D  if the actual images shown in the gizmodo vid are real there is lil to worry about it would apear that the spec that requires enough distortion to preserve privacy and dignity is working  you have seen the actual images they showed?