Author Topic: TSA Super Thread  (Read 209645 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: TSA Super Thread
« Reply #300 on: November 19, 2010, 03:15:56 AM »

so thats a no then?

They stated that the images cannot be saved at all. Clearly this wasn't the case.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #301 on: November 19, 2010, 05:09:41 AM »
lol   clearly?  thats always a redflag for me

try this

http://epic.org/open_gov/foia/TSA_Procurement_Specs.pdf

page 45 onward

and let me know when you find one of those saved tsa images   or are they the first gov agency in history to maintain a conspiracy and keep something secret?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 05:16:25 AM by cassandra and sara's daddy »
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

• friends
Re: TSA Plays "Pocket Pool" With Passenger's Equipment
« Reply #302 on: November 19, 2010, 05:20:34 AM »
CSD, I don't know how many times I have to tell you this...

The gizmodo pics of the Florida courthouse are using older tech.  However that tech is identical to what the TSA uses in some places, as well as the newer higher resolution machines.  Both devices have an SOP that dictates that no pics are to be saved.

But, these pics were obviously saved.

Ignore the quality of the images.

The fact that Gizmodo was able to obtain them at all is the concern.

They shouldn't exist in the first place.

but wait?!! isn't that the case thats being touted as an example?  isn't it the "same machine! zomg!"  we've established that marshalls in a courthouse does not equal tsa, and also seen that those images resemble "nekkid pics" only in the wild imaginings of alex jones. so if the machine isn't the same  the agency isn't the same and the pics ain't showing squat  why are they being used by alex et al as examples of the apocalypse?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: TSA Plays "Pocket Pool" With Passenger's Equipment
« Reply #303 on: November 19, 2010, 07:34:14 AM »
but wait?!! isn't that the case thats being touted as an example?  isn't it the "same machine! zomg!"  we've established that marshalls in a courthouse does not equal tsa, and also seen that those images resemble "nekkid pics" only in the wild imaginings of alex jones. so if the machine isn't the same  the agency isn't the same and the pics ain't showing squat  why are they being used by alex et al as examples of the apocalypse?

Because they understand that the situations are analogous, if not identical. 

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

• friends
« Reply #304 on: November 19, 2010, 09:19:58 AM »
ahhh the famous charlene drew jarvis quote   cause "it coulda happened that way"  even though it didn't

grampster

• friend
« Reply #305 on: November 19, 2010, 09:53:26 AM »
Go to RedState.com today (Friday , 19th) and read how the TSA harrased returning troops from Iraq in Indianapolis.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #306 on: November 19, 2010, 09:56:39 AM »
You will un-ban them?  ???   :P
Silence, minion! 
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #307 on: November 19, 2010, 09:58:57 AM »
Preamble: We the Sheeple of these United States, being scared of our own shadows, do ordain we are too stupid to take care of ourselves and demand the Federal Government give us stuff, tell us what to eat, and touch our junk at airports.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #308 on: November 19, 2010, 10:03:43 AM »
Go to RedState.com today (Friday , 19th) and read how the TSA harrased returning troops from Iraq in Indianapolis.

If this story is true, the only explanation is that the apocalypse is upon us.

http://www.redstate.com/erick/2010/11/18/another-tsa-outrage/

Is there a "The Stupid, it burns." smiley?
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #309 on: November 19, 2010, 10:12:28 AM »

Funny TSA Story:

When I came back from Iraq in '09 we flew into Baltimore, and had to clear customs there.  We got there about 0200 (IIRC, there's a bar in Shannon, Ireland so my recollections are a little Guiness tinged)  The airport was desterted (except for the Veteran's group that met us, whole different story there).  Seriously, it was us, Customs, the vets and TSA.  We walked out, cleared customs, got our bags, turned around and went through TSA security to get back on the same aircraft.  Now, while I was over there I had had shipped to me some [pURL=http://www.awelldressedbullet.ca/bullet-pens-retractable.html]cool pens.[/URL]  I had them for most of my tour.  Sure enough, TSA stopped me at the metal detector, made me pull them out of the sleeve pocket on my ACU's and told me I couldn't have them.  They counted as "fake explosives".  Whatever, I was tired and going home.  I threw them away, and went through the metal detector, while getting  a lecture that I should have known I couldn't have them. As I walk away, I see the agent pulling my pens out of the trash.   ;/  I hope he enjoyed them.

Crux of the story:  The whole time, two pass through a metal detector and a lecture, my M249 is on a three point sling across my chest.  Good thing they stopped the pens.   

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #310 on: November 19, 2010, 10:44:12 AM »
Crux of the story:  The whole time, two pass through a metal detector and a lecture, my M249 is on a three point sling across my chest.  Good thing they stopped the pens.   

You are a more patient man than I.  That SOB would have been looking down the muzzle, loaded or not.  :mad:

Isn't it great to be an American, "where at least you know you're free" ?  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #311 on: November 19, 2010, 10:56:51 AM »
Folks, we should thank the TSA for making the face of fascism so palpable to so many.  It is this kind of thing that ignites the righteous anger we so badly need to break out of our bad dream.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #312 on: November 19, 2010, 11:35:41 AM »
Similar story to dogmush.

My memories are hazy due to Shannon, but when I got back to the States, I got hassled by Customs for the receipts of duty-free booze I picked up in Ireland.  I made the guy hold my SAW while I dug out the receipts.  I loved when they lectured me as well.  "Anything ELSE to declare?"   "Besides automatic weapons, classified material and signal gear?  No, not really."

TSA didn't search us, but only because we landed at our final destination.  Otherwise I'm sure TSA would have been very diligent in harassing returning veterans.  

Oh, and there's the time I threatened to have the entire TSA shift arrested.  I was couriering a laptop.  With classified data relating to the invasion of Iraq.  And they wanted to "look at it".  I told 'em, it goes out of my sight and control, I'm calling the cops over to detain them until the FBI and Army CID can show up to properly arrest them.  Ended up with me removing the battery and showing them that externally, it looked like a battery.  Refused to power it on.  With very few exceptions, every time I've flown since since I've been "randomly selected" for an extra special search.  

Let's see.  One of my sergeants (now long retired), who was DRAFTED into the US Army, made some passing comment relating to the fact that this sort of thing (TSA inspections) reminded him more of communism than the United States.  They literally tore apart everything in his bags and dumped it in a pile.  Twice.  

Oh, and it's not a wise idea for a TSA agent to commit sexual assault on a young lady when her boyfriend (and his entire squad) is within LOS, has an M16 and is rapidly approaching.  This was very early on in TSA.  They'd kick the metal detector when an attractive well-endowed young lady went through, and thus need to do a hands-on check.  Well, not all of the NG's were yet removed.  Someone radioed the boyfriend that his lady was coming through so he could keep her company until her flight took off.  I've never seen a more perfect "Buttstroke to the Head series" movement.  It was so beautiful, I'd swear it should be used for the manual.   The whole thing got dropped, as you're not supposed to drop a federal employee, even if they are sexually assaulting your woman.  Buddy got screamed at by his CO, TSA guy got allegedly "reprimanded".

If this story is true, the only explanation is that the apocalypse is upon us.

http://www.redstate.com/erick/2010/11/18/another-tsa-outrage/

Is there a "The Stupid, it burns." smiley?

Dude?  This happens regularly.  TSA regularly harasses troops during routine movements as well as going to or returning from OCONUS, if it's not directly from a US military airport.  Well, I haven't heard of the TSA sexually assaulting soldiers yet.  Mostly just stealing stuff (and not just potential weapons unless watches, jewelry and MP3 players count).  I'm sure that will be next.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 11:39:07 AM by RevDisk »
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #313 on: November 19, 2010, 11:45:31 AM »
Question for the folks returning from combat zones..  at any point did the TSA check the weapon you were carrying to make sure it was unloaded?  Rack the slide, pull the charging handle, and etc to make sure you weren't sneaking one in the chamber?

I never flew commercial in the army and it was all pre-9/11 anyway, just various charters with no security other than being told to pull the bolt out of the M16's and put it in my cargo pocket.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #314 on: November 19, 2010, 11:59:52 AM »
Question for the folks returning from combat zones..  at any point did the TSA check the weapon you were carrying to make sure it was unloaded?  Rack the slide, pull the charging handle, and etc to make sure you weren't sneaking one in the chamber?

I never flew commercial in the army and it was all pre-9/11 anyway, just various charters with no security other than being told to pull the bolt out of the M16's and put it in my cargo pocket.

No.  TSA doesn't have any authority to touch another agency's weapons.  Just said agency's personnel.  I have friends that fly with loaded weapons (legally).  They don't check the weapons to see if they are loaded or not.  The guidance to remove the bolts was either from someone in the Army, or a "suggestion".   The TSA cannot legally order you to remove the bolt from your weapon during flight. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #315 on: November 19, 2010, 12:55:23 PM »
The bolt thing was my squad leader at the time, nothing more official than that.  Nobody was actually concerned, somebody stupid enough to try to hijack a 747 filled with a battalion of combat engineers would receive an epic beat down.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #316 on: November 19, 2010, 01:07:35 PM »

I didn't, and wouldn't, let them touch my weapon.  Besides the obvious TSA is annoying thing, the Army frowns on us giving AA&E to civilians.  I'm the designated armed guard and courier for classified docs and AA&E for my unit now.  I'm kinda waiting for the first time I get to clear TSA with a loaded M9 and stuff they can't look at. 

• friends
« Reply #317 on: November 19, 2010, 01:30:36 PM »
The five private screening firms approved by the TSA must still screen by TSA guidelines and use the full-body scanners and gropings that have stirred such a fuss. More grief may be on the way for the feds. Rep. John L. Mica, Florida Republican, will become chairman of the powerful House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure in January, and he says the TSA "is overstepping its bounds."

oddly those companies contributed to "guess who's" campaign.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/nov/18/pruden-stripping-for-a-full-travel-experience/

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #318 on: November 19, 2010, 02:21:13 PM »

Give TSA the respect they deserve (thanks to reason.com):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaSoMVFfxfA

Some language mildly NSFW.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #319 on: November 19, 2010, 03:14:58 PM »
I believe C&SD had identified the problem.

Switching to private companies doing the sexual-assaults and virtual stripping will not help, not just because the companies are mandated to do the same things by law, but because the problem is not in the physical presence the searchers.

The problem is that we've gotten it ingrained into our collective psyche – and by 'we' I mean Israelis, Americans, Europeans – that terrorists are the worst thing since Hitler, and that any safety expenditure at all is worth it to combat them.

We need to combat the idea that 'cost-benefit analysis' is somehow bad.

We do not “have to live with” the insane security apparatus, just as we don “have to live with” most other parts of the 'modern state'. They are creatures of our ideas and our political system, they're not mandated by anything else.

There was a time before psycho-scanners and maniac-searchers, therefore there can be a time after.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Oleg Volk

• Administrator
    • Volkstudio Blog
« Reply #320 on: November 19, 2010, 04:50:48 PM »

• friends
« Reply #321 on: November 19, 2010, 06:18:32 PM »

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #322 on: November 19, 2010, 06:39:10 PM »
this is what you are afraid of folks seeing?

Since your Google-Fu is broken, more like these:

Although to be fair, I'm so sexy I'm used to people trying to see me nekkid.  I'm as much or more concerned with stopping Security Theater's mission creep as soon as possible.  TSA isin't doing a damn thing for our security against terror.  They're a waste of time (mine), money, and any easy excuse to get Americans used to ever expanding government power.  I said it when Bush started our KGB, it's a bad idea, and it's not working.

• friends
« Reply #323 on: November 19, 2010, 07:10:51 PM »
got a source for those?
there have been some circulated that were "funny"

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #324 on: November 19, 2010, 07:15:25 PM »
got a source for those?
there have been some circulated that were "funny"

I'm fairly certain the last one is not genuine.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama