Author Topic: TSA Super Thread  (Read 210269 times)

longeyes

• friend
Re: TSA Super Thread
« Reply #475 on: November 25, 2010, 01:52:46 PM »
We already knew there were way too many sheeple in America. 
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #476 on: November 25, 2010, 02:14:54 PM »
and obviously almost no real revolutionaries. at least very few in the tangible noninternet sense. come on  one guy at the dc airport? one at bwi?what was dulles like? planes are full so i don't see an "optout/boycott" doing much so far.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #477 on: November 25, 2010, 02:54:13 PM »
Get enough people riled up and pissed off,

phase one is not working  you had one guy at regan yesterday
where was there a stronger showing?

The courts are wrong.  Wearing a black robe doesn't make one right every time.
thinking they are wrong generates lil traction  unless you can get another ruling  supreme court is where you gotta go and i wouldn't get your hopes up there
;/
Because we all have time to drop our holiday plans and protest.  Emails to our elected politicans are a better and more effective tactic.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #478 on: November 25, 2010, 07:00:22 PM »
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/71281.html

Make up your own mind. What terrifies you the most. Terrorists, who in all likelihood you will never encounter in your lifetime, or the TSA that you will encounter every time you fly and soon, according to Pistole, every time you take a train, a subway, or drive in a car or truck?
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

• friends
« Reply #479 on: November 25, 2010, 07:11:21 PM »
;/
Because we all have time to drop our holiday plans and protest.  Emails to our elected politicans are a better and more effective tactic.

all?  no
more than one? yea
and where was the groundswell of optouts?
travel was a breeze for my family
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #480 on: November 25, 2010, 07:47:30 PM »
all?  no
more than one? yea
and where was the groundswell of optouts?
travel was a breeze for my family

Awful hard to opt out if you don't have a flight planned for that day.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

• friends
« Reply #481 on: November 25, 2010, 07:50:24 PM »
air travel was up  in spite of allegations to the contrary   and in spite of higher fares
surely some of those traveling were some of the outraged ones?

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #482 on: November 25, 2010, 07:51:53 PM »
me desperate?!  you see how strong the protest was at  regan/national yesterday? theres is an element of desperation here  but ....
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/24/AR2010112406989.html?hpid%3Dnewswell&sub=AR

So... what exactly is the point of this post?

Are you arguing that we should change our minds just because we're in the minority? (assuming we are, that is).
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #483 on: November 25, 2010, 07:58:28 PM »
So... what exactly is the point of this post?

Are you arguing that we should change our minds just because we're in the minority? (assuming we are, that is).

He's saying that just because there was only a few protestors outside of the airports that obviously we don't have the testicular fortitutde to back up our outrage by opting out.
Just another CSAD circular argument.
JD

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #484 on: November 25, 2010, 08:01:55 PM »
Oh, so instead of an argument about whether we are correct, this has become an ad-hominem argument (in the real sense of that word) about the moral quality of the average libertarian?  =D

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

• friends
« Reply #485 on: November 25, 2010, 08:09:40 PM »
close i'm saying that most folks are much more activist on the internet than in real life. and heck we're in the use it or lose it time of the year for fed employees and annual leave so if there is gonna be a groundswell now's the time.
its my impression that there are a number of genuinely concerned folks  and they are surrounded by folks who wanna play on the team so long as its fun and easy. the political equivalent of the suburban white kids with their hats on backwards in a car mommy bought em with spinners trying to pretend they are gang connected.
those hangers on are not going to do much, and i suspect there are not enough of the other group to make a dent.
has anyone filed a decent suit yet?  actually filed  not talked about it

i'm glad i checked before i posted

about the moral quality of the average libertarian?
what is an average libertarian?  thats a hard thing to categorize.
they are a lot like members of my church  many claim to be members and show up for easter and xmas mass. they don't get much done that way

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #486 on: November 25, 2010, 08:42:18 PM »
[left field]how long till every bill over a 5 has a printed rfid chip?[\left field] =| and, at that point crooks could scan you from 25+ feet away and decide if your worth robbing.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #487 on: November 25, 2010, 08:49:47 PM »
close i'm saying that most folks are much more activist on the internet than in real life. and heck we're in the use it or lose it time of the year for fed employees and annual leave so if there is gonna be a groundswell now's the time.

We knew this. But what does this have to do with the thread topic? Are you saying we should change our minds on our views based on polling the voting public?

• friends
« Reply #488 on: November 25, 2010, 09:00:27 PM »
which thread topic?  there are three merged. i don't think you should change your minds just don't expect to get much traction

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #489 on: November 25, 2010, 09:49:27 PM »
Come December 22 I will be flying out of Washington DC, and sometime in January I will be flying to San Diego. Should be fun,  ;/

edit - On people with things like prosthetic breasts and whatnot, couldn't there be grounds for some sort of HIPAA violations?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 11:22:35 PM by freakazoid »
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

• friends
« Reply #490 on: November 26, 2010, 01:36:41 AM »
how hipaa? tsa isn't a medical pro

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #491 on: November 26, 2010, 07:17:46 AM »
Agreed, TSA is not involved with medical records.

But give the guy his due for thinking, would ya?  He's aware that making amputees take off their prosthetic to the point of exposing the residual stump both is invasive as hell and actually may expose them to medical consequences.

Besides being onsessed with the lack of folks who supposedly talked big but wimped out on actually performing, what have you contributed to the conversation or to the issue?  And speaking of which, where did you get your figures to support the notion that lots of folks talked big but failed to perform?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #492 on: November 26, 2010, 07:36:00 AM »
Several airports removed their X-rays for one day - making it impossible to opt-out.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #493 on: November 26, 2010, 10:33:43 AM »
Interesting how as Big Gov gets less transparent We the People increasingly become an open book...
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #494 on: November 26, 2010, 10:37:47 AM »
Interesting how as Big Gov gets less transparent We the People increasingly become an open book...

On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #495 on: November 26, 2010, 10:57:22 AM »
Awful hard to opt out if you don't have a flight planned for that day.

Isn't Not Flying the ultimate opt-out  ???

My last business trip (two years ago :( ) I drove 800 miles instead of flying.  So then I had my car to drive, saving the rental.  It actually saved the company money, and the per mile they paid me went way above the gas, which helps out on the overhead of a newer car.

Weather permitting, we're planning to drive 3000 miles round trip for a wedding in about a month.  I won't fly, period.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #496 on: November 26, 2010, 11:33:16 AM »
CSD:  I've read several reports that SeaTac, DFW, Dulles, LAX, PHX and POR (just people I've either talked to or read about online) had their nekkid scanners roped off for Wednesday and they weren't using them at all.

Impossible to opt-out if there's no demand to be opted-in.

The TSA deliberately took the machines offline so that the protest was non-existent.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #497 on: November 26, 2010, 01:31:25 PM »
It is all about control and not security.  If it was about security, why are numerous people at FTF reporting that the nude-o-scopes not being used at all on one of the busiest travel days of the year.  Wouldn't a terrorist wanting to maximize the carnage carry out a plan on one of these days?  http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/30286

It labels any person who “interferes” with TSA airport security screening procedure protocol and operations by actively objecting to the established screening process, “including but not limited to the anticipated national opt-out day” as a “domestic extremist.” The label is then broadened to include “any person, group or alternative media source” that actively objects to, causes others to object to, supports and/or elicits support for anyone who engages in such travel disruptions at U.S. airports in response to the enhanced security procedures.

For individuals who engaged in such activity at screening points, it instructs TSA operations to obtain the identities of those individuals and other applicable information and submit the same electronically to the Homeland Environment Threat Analysis Division, the Extremism and Radicalization branch of the Office of Intelligence & Analysis (IA) division of the Department of Homeland Security.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #498 on: November 26, 2010, 10:12:59 PM »

edit - On people with things like prosthetic breasts and whatnot, couldn't there be grounds for some sort of HIPAA violations?

HIPPA, no.....but I'd love to see a group bring a class-action Americans with Disabilities Act suit against TSA and the airports....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

• friends
« Reply #499 on: November 27, 2010, 01:36:40 AM »
CSD:  I've read several reports that SeaTac, DFW, Dulles, LAX, PHX and POR (just people I've either talked to or read about online) had their nekkid scanners roped off for Wednesday and they weren't using them at all.

Impossible to opt-out if there's no demand to be opted-in.

The TSA deliberately took the machines offline so that the protest was non-existent.

they were on at regan  no fuss either