Author Topic: Oklahoma Self defense shooting and it's aftermath (from XDTalk)  (Read 2496 times)

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Oklahoma Self defense shooting and it's aftermath (from XDTalk)
« on: November 17, 2010, 04:03:25 PM »
Oklahoma Self defense shooting and it's aftermath
Quote from: XDTalk
Home Invasion in Oklahoma, mine (<-- OP on XDTalk, not HeroHog!)
We are all ok thanks to my wife. There is no way to prepare for a phone call from your wife while you are at work that go exactly like this:

Me: Hi sweetie!
Wife: I need you home now, I just shot two invaders!
Me: On the way now! (end of call)

Here are a couple of links to the story:
Mother shoots two home invaders - KFOR

Homeowner Shoots Robbers, Kills 1, Police Say - Oklahoma City News Story - KOCO Oklahoma City

Midwest City woman tells police she shot and killed intruder | NewsOK.com

Feel free to search my name here for a post that was titled "What would you do" a couple of months ago. I'm just too tired to find it right now.

We moved everything we own out of the house and into storage for now due to threats against my family. We ended up needing over nine hours of Midwest City PD protection due to this situation. If you are one of them, all I can say is thank you with all of my heart!

Since most of us are here to learn and prepare ourselves for this type of situation, I plan on doing a full right up at a later date to try and help all of us and I would like very must to make it as interactive as possible.

It may be several days before I can get back on here as my like has been turned upside down right now but i welcome your thoughts and comments. The police have my XDm 9mm in their possession and I may not get it back in time for a pistol class I was going to be taking on Sunday but then again a guess I just need my wife to show me what I need to know...

Thanks to all of you over the last year as I visit this site several times daily. Even though I don't say much here I have learned a great deal.
Please review and discuss. THIS is a good 1st hand look at what happens when you are forced to lawfully defend yourself and it isn't pretty, happy or cheap.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 04:56:52 PM by HeroHog »
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

dogmush

• friend
Re: Oklahoma Self defense shooting and it's aftermath (from XDTalk)
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 05:00:07 PM »
Wow.  I haven't had time to go through all the links yet, but at about the halfway point (after reading his I need to vent thread) it occured to me.

If someone died invading my home, and their friends were credible threats that made me move out and hide for a prolonged time, about the time my savings dried up I would seriously consider going hunting.

I realize that it's not legal, nor likely to help, but wow.  A group of criminals keeping you from your home and destroying your life because they failed to victimize you?   I might very well go after them.  Clean out the gang and salt the earth.

Reading that makes me really feel for his family, and outraged that this can happen.  As well as sobered that even the best available outcome isin't always good.

There but for the grace of God, as they say.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Re: Oklahoma Self defense shooting and it's aftermath (from XDTalk)
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 05:14:44 PM »
It's like my situation. One day everything is fine. The bills are getting paid, have a good job, poor health but because ya make good money you are "making it". Then next day, your job is gone because of your health, that means the little savings are gone, the house, the second car, your life... gone over night for all intents and purposes!

In this case, it's a good shoot. Ya saved yerself and yer family but now you are facing bankruptcy, relocation, yadda yadda yadda! It is scary as hell is what it is! No one thinks about all that goes along with "just defending yourself."
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!