Author Topic: Jimmy Carter "Democrats lost in midterms because of Republican irresponsibility"  (Read 4773 times)

dm1333

• friend
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20024077-503544.html

Saw it on MSNBC last night as I was flipping through the channels.   Carter blamed the Democratic midterm losses on Republican irresponsibility.  I haven't been able to find the actual interview yet but I am sure it is out there.  I sat there slack jawed, amazed that he was that out of touch with reality.  So I guess when it all comes down to it, everything really is George Bushes fault!  :O

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Please, Mr Obama.  Follow Jihmmie's advice, I mean look what it did for his presidency.  I bet you can replicate his results !!!
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
I always thought Carter was a bad president ... but I cannot believe -- at one point in time -- that I actually considered him sane.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

HankB

• friend
I considered him woefully inept as President, moderately useful immediately afterwards with his "Habitat for Humanity" work, but in recent years came to regard him as an angry, meddlesome, embittered old man with a nasty streak of anti-semitism, who can't stand to be out of the limelight.

Now I have to agree - his sanity is in doubt.

(Seriously, blaming bad Republicans for a big Republican victory? No recognition that people were flushing bad Democrats? Did he manage to say that with a straight face, or was he just trying to be a troll to get another 15 seconds' of fame?)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'

From the article:

As for whether or not the current president has sought advice from a predecessor, Mr. Carter said with a smile, "He doesn't need my advice ..."

That's the first correct statement Carter has made in years.  Perhaps ever.

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Waitone

• friend
Jimmuh Carter // Lady Gaga.  What's the diff?
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Jimmuh Carter // Lady Gaga.  What's the diff?

She sounds more intelligent, and is more competent in her chosen field?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

sanglant

• friend
smoking peanuts is bad for your health sanity. :laugh:

MechAg94

• friend
"I was blessed when I was president by a very encouraging and almost incredible degree of bipartisan support," Mr. Carter said. "It was quite unlike... what is present here with President Obama since he has practically zero Republican support in the House or Senate."
He is not the only one to try to whine about this.  It still doesn't make it right.  IMO, there was a time in Obama's first year when some of those moderate Republicans were begging for Obama to throw them a few bones so they could cave in and compromise, but he thought he was holding all the cards and turned up his nose.  Look at what they did pass:  Trillion dollar stimulus for Dem cronies, a 2000+ page health care bill no one read, and an even larger bank regulation bill that doesn't address what happened in 2008. 

It isn't just his lack of action on some issues, but people don't like his actual accomplishments either.  You can't reasonably blame that on Republicans.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

grampster

• friend
I was a sentient adult when Carter got elected.  I couldn't believe it actually happened.  Then came 4 years of him.  After that, for awhile, I just sort of figured he was just a well intentioned boob, a nice man out of his depth.  He got elected on the rebound. 

As time went along I changed my mind about him.  He is an egotistical narcisist who has always been separated from reality.  Now, at the end of his life he is a hateful, anti American traitor.  The things he has said and done deserve the yanking of his passport and arresting him, trying him for treason and throwing him under a jail till he dies.  Then bury him in a paupers field in an unmarked grave.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
I was a sentient adult when Carter got elected.  I couldn't believe it actually happened.  Then came 4 years of him.  After that, for awhile, I just sort of figured he was just a well intentioned boob, a nice man out of his depth.  He got elected on the rebound.  

As time went along I changed my mind about him.  He is an egotistical narcisist who has always been separated from reality.  Now, at the end of his life he is a hateful, anti American traitor.  The things he has said and done deserve the yanking of his passport and arresting him, trying him for treason and throwing him under a jail till he dies.  Then bury him in a paupers field in an unmarked grave.

I had to keep looking at the poster's name on this to make sure it wasn't me.  I was afraid I had typed it and forgotten that I did.  I felt the senility creeping in.

You nailed my thoughts exactly, grampster.

DD

eta:  Lately, I've had the thought that his brother, Billy, was the competent one...   :facepalm:
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
I had to keep looking at the poster's name on this to make sure it wasn't me.  I was afraid I had typed it and forgotten that I did.  I felt the senility creeping in.

You nailed my thoughts exactly, grampster.

DD

eta:  Lately, I've had the thought that his brother, Billy, was the competent one...   :facepalm:

thats 3 of us  four if you count my old man who once speculated carter coulda been a sleeper agent from the cold war
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Stevie-Ray

She sounds more intelligent, and is more competent in her chosen field?
Pfff...Kanye West sounds more intelligent than him.
On Sarah Palin.....The screeching moonbats, whose daily lives are a swamp of discontent, fault finding, anger, angst and every other dark emotion embraced by the left, can't stand to see someone who is normal and enjoying life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.....grampster

grampster

• friend
a nice man out of his depth.   He got elected on the rebound. 

Heh heh.  You guys missed the obscure and well disguised pun.  Carter was a submariner, remember?  =D =D

The rest of the post was serious.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
I remember the media making a big deal over Carter's submarine service.

"He commanded a nuclear submarine! You have to be really smart to do that!"

Yup. Look where all those smarts got us.  ;/

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Heh heh.  You guys missed the obscure and well disguised pun.  Carter was a submariner, remember?  grin grin

Oh he was, wasn't he.

I was thinking the "killer rabbit" incident.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
Oh he was, wasn't he.

I was thinking the "killer rabbit" incident.

The killer rabbit would have been toast if they hadn't taken his torpedoes away!

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.