Author Topic: Westboro Baptist to picket Edwards' Funeral  (Read 6713 times)

HankB

• friend
Westboro Baptist to picket Edwards' Funeral
« on: December 09, 2010, 05:03:20 PM »
We all know that Elizabeth Edwards - wife of politician John Edwards - just died of cancer.

Now it seems that the crazies who picket funerals of dead US soldiers have decided that they're going to picket HER funeral, too.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40587353/ns/us_news-life

I'm not a fan of either Edwards, but to do this kind of cr@p during his wife's funeral?

Just when I get to thinking people can't sink any lower, they go ahead and do this to prove me wrong.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: Westboro Baptist to picket Edwards' Funeral
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 05:28:10 PM »
I know nothing about the woman other than her husband humiliated her nationally, but I don't see where picketing her funeral will do anything for anyone, even for those loonies.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 05:32:12 PM »
I am speechless.  ???

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 05:56:21 PM »
Westboro Baptist Church = Pharisees of the Bible.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 05:58:20 PM »
before they started picketing Troops funerals, they always went to San Francisco to picket Aids victims funerals.

When they start dying, if I can, I will do the same to them.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 06:26:04 PM »
Westboro Baptist Church = Pharisees of the Bible.

I wish. I doubt they have half the class, decency or sanity of your average first-century Pharisee.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 12:17:35 AM »
All their class is in their...
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 12:46:20 AM »
Just when I get to thinking people can't sink any lower, they go ahead and do this to prove me wrong.

The root of your problem is thinking the the WBC clowns are actually people. :facepalm:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 10:06:51 AM »
I wish. I doubt they have half the class, decency or sanity of your average first-century Pharisee.

That is a damn good post
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 10:09:44 AM »
Maybe it will serve some good. Get the politicians to realize there is no legitimate reason to protest a funeral and save some of our soldiers families some grief in the future.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 10:54:16 AM »
The final step in the devolution of "civilization" is to openly attack funerals.  Right now that distinction is shared by Muslim terrorists and homegrown gangbangers.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

BrokenPaw

• friends
  • Sedit qvi timvit ne non svccederet.
    • ShadowGrove Interpath Ministry
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2010, 12:05:40 PM »
How many people are there in WBC, total?

It actually surprises me that, given the emotional state of the people the WBC folks choose to torment, that to date no one has snapped and taken out the lot of them.

I'm not advocating violence against them.  It just surprises me that they haven't managed to push someone too that point yet.
Seek out wisdom in books, rare manuscripts, and cryptic poems if you will, but seek it also in simple stones and fragile herbs and in the cries of wild birds. Listen to the song of the wind and the roar of water if you would discover magic, for it is here that the old secrets are still preserved.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2010, 01:13:37 PM »
As I keep saying: eventually, they WILL protest the "wrong" military funeral. One in a close-knit community, and where the media doesn't show up...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2010, 02:04:29 PM »
As I keep saying: eventually, they WILL protest the "wrong" military funeral. One in a close-knit community, and where the media doesn't show up...
They always make sure to be surrounded by cops. Human shields FTW.
And I think they bring kids along.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2010, 02:32:24 PM »
How many people are there in WBC, total?

It actually surprises me that, given the emotional state of the people the WBC folks choose to torment, that to date no one has snapped and taken out the lot of them.

I'm not advocating violence against them.  It just surprises me that they haven't managed to push someone too that point yet.

BP,
According to the OP article, 70 and most all of them are related to Phelps (80 yrs old) and he founded it in 1955.

I think they almost didn't make it out of WV when they showed up when the miners were trapped and protested.

Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2010, 06:48:00 PM »
That is a damn good post

Thanks, but I should have gone with something more like 1/5.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2010, 12:35:41 AM »
I know nothing about the woman other than her husband humiliated her nationally, but I don't see where picketing her funeral will do anything for anyone, even for those loonies.

Obviously I won't defend WBC in any way, but their beefs are mostly over American tolerance of gays and abortion.  Mrs Edwards was well known as a major supporter of abortion "rights" and her husband ran on a strongly pro-abortion plank.  So in that sense it makes about as much sense for them to picket her funeral as any.  In fact, it would seem to make more sense than those of soldiers who were probably more likely to be unhappy with open tolerance of homosexuality than not.

They're still disgusting human beings and are anything but witnesses of God's love.