Author Topic: rabble rousers in my town  (Read 4614 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
rabble rousers in my town
« on: December 22, 2010, 05:30:30 AM »
http://fredericksburg.com/News/Web/2010/122010/1221flash-choir

1/2 these folks never heard of a flash mob till this
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Re: rabble rousers in my town
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 07:52:04 AM »
Wasn't there a recent case where the shoppers freaked out and the mall they were "flashing" got locked down or something?
Avoid cliches like the plague!

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 08:05:21 AM »
Good work.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 08:57:29 AM »
Wasn't there a recent case where the shoppers freaked out and the mall they were "flashing" got locked down or something?

Yeah, the same mall that had the huge fire a week or two before. But it wasn't the shoppers who freaked, it was the aw-thor-i-tees. Apparently, the group planning to do the flash mod Hallelujah Chorus announced it ahead of time, and by T minus 20 or so the food court was so overcrowded the aw-thor-i-tees ordered the mall evacuated. They later did the chorus in the parking lot.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 09:10:56 AM »

I know of two, that I've seen on YouTube.  Is this the latest trend of the week?  One I can't disapprove of.  (Though, some YouTube comments are ugly.)

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 10:08:15 AM »
They did one of those deals over at Ohio State, even got Gordon Gee (the university president) involved.  Kind of a fun thing for people to do.

On the Youtube thing, it's one of my favorite sites, but I don't even mess withthe comments.  Idiots all the way...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark