Author Topic: Wolfenstein on my computer?  (Read 7660 times)

CNYCacher

• friend
Re: Wolfenstein on my computer?
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2010, 08:37:03 AM »
Does anyone play Q3Live under Windows 7 x64?  I couldn't get it to run, at least not the demo/practice area.  I've been jonesing for some old school FPS action.

I would be happy with Classic Quake if anyone still had a server up and running. :D

Chris

Have you tried Open Arena?  It's the open-sourced version of id's Q3A
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2010, 02:19:16 PM »
QL is a web based thingamabob, it installs in the browser directory under your user dir. .

as for win7, there is this. i can't see anything else right now. ???

edit: scratch that, t'was Q3. i can't find any thing for QLonWIN7. but i'm pretty sure that's just me, might pay to check the QL forum.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 02:27:49 PM by sanglant »

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2011, 12:19:05 AM »
Well, PC Gamer has actually reviewed it - that's further than it's ever been before!

I'll grant that, after 12 years, fans are probably best served by holding off on believing it'll reach release until they're actually holding the box in their hand...

Necrothread!

Duke Nukem Forever is scheduled for release on May 3 in North America, and May 6 in Europe.  
Info and a trailer on Techspot.

From the trailer it looks to be even more non-PC and generally offensive than Duke Nukem 3D.  Sold!
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2011, 10:32:50 AM »
I am waiting for Half-Life 2 Episode 3.

...and waiting.
...and waiting.
...and waiting.
...and waiting.
...and waiting.
...and waiting.
...and waiting.
...and waiting.

:'(
Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!