Author Topic: Example of Media Bias  (Read 1881 times)

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Example of Media Bias
« on: February 10, 2011, 02:39:19 PM »
http://www.nationaljournal.com/political-sex-scandals-20110209

Slideshow of recent politician sex scandals (yawn).  However, note for each of the Republicans they made sure to note that while all the Democrats it is not noted.  Not one of them and the list is 50/50 on party membership.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Example of Media Bias
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 03:12:32 PM »
No, no. John Edwards is listed as a Democrat and both David Vitter and John Ensign's party is not listed. So there's ONE Democrat listed and two Republicans not listed. But, yeah, it's a pretty glaring example, nonetheless.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 10:44:11 AM »
NY just had a R politician resign as it was uncovered he had sent a picture of himself topless to a woman he met through Craigslist.

It seems the bar for resigning in disgrace is a bit higher for one group than another.
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 11:15:39 AM »
NY just had a R politician resign as it was uncovered he had sent a picture of himself topless to a woman he met through Craigslist.

It seems the bar for resigning in disgrace is a bit higher for one group than another.
It has been that way for a while.  The Democrats haven't kicked anyone out for that stuff since Gary Hart. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 12:55:05 PM »
IOWAHAWK
“Congressional ethics: texting shirtless pictures = reason to resign in disgrace. Spending $1.5 trillion you don’t have = Wednesday.”

http://pajamasmedia.com/instapundit/114711/
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton