Author Topic: You make the cuts (in the Federal Budget)  (Read 9122 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: You make the cuts (in the Federal Budget)
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2011, 06:58:45 PM »
2>Across the board 10% budget cut over the previous years spending level.  EVERYTHING gets cut.  Every ox gets gored. 
That would lock in a good chunk of Obama's 24% increases . . . why not start (note: I said START) with cutting EVERYTHING back to 2008's pre-stimulus, pre-TARP levels?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2011, 07:24:44 PM »
See point 1.  Your point is well taken.  One of the little secrets coming out now is democrats saw what happen in 2010 in 2009.  So one of the reasons for insane spending was to shovel money into the government knowing it will go away when the backlash occurred.  The money has not all been spent.  A lot of it is in holding accounts around the world waiting to be spent. 
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2011, 08:35:50 PM »
I did point out that it was the NY Times, so all the left favorite little pet projects got left out.

How do I vote for Jamis for Supreme Imperial Leader ?

(and can I be Deputy Supreme Leader ?)
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.