Main Forums > The Roundtable

I just about split a gut...

(1/1)

grampster:
....when I read Dear Harriette in the paper, a syndicated column by United Features.  Her column is called Sense & and Sensitivity.
  A lady wrote in about solving the problem of a snoring spouse.  She said one could buy a set of customized personalized ear plugs.  She further mentioned that you could purchase them at a good reputable gun shop.  Harriette agreed that deluxe, personalized earplugs were a good idea, but  was...."apprehensive about sending people to gun stores to any reason".  

Bwaaahaaahaaaaa.

Here's the e-mail I sent Harriette at askharriette@harriettecole.com

Dear Harriette,

I was moved to actual laughter out loud when reading your advice to the lady that discovered that good ear plugs could be purchased at a gun shop.  To watch you recoil in horror to that suggestion, reinforces, once again, how dangerous guns are.  Those evil, nasty firearms might just, by themselves, jump right out of the showcase and getcha.  LOL.

I wonder if she'll reply?  Any bets?  heh heh.  I say no.  Any takers?

jamz:
What a twit.

Love, James

griz:
I'm voting she will not reply. After all a reply might actually encourage a borderline kook to escalate his fixation into violence. Following this "logic", she will be proved right if her lack of reply results in no further action. I would further speculate that she never considered that more shootings take place in schools and courthouses than in gun shops. Doing so would put her at risk of considering the fact that gun free zones may be more dangerous than gun shops. The reason I'm happy about this is kooks like me enjoy browsing gun shops without bumping into idiots who have an irational fear of guns.

Michigander:
I could see the wife now.... entering the gun shop .... thinking, "snoring husband"....

Then she sees the earplugs. But right next to the earplugs is a handgun.

She starts thinking, "snoring husband; I could wear these uncomfortable earplugs .... or .... that handgun looks pretty ...."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version