Author Topic: Super Light Carry?  (Read 9658 times)

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: Super Light Carry?
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2011, 03:56:03 AM »
I know a guy who thunderwears a Scandium Smith .44 magnum... He's insane. In a good way...

I have, on occasion carried a Gov't Model in a Smartcarry, and for a short time, managed a Taurus PT99 and spare mag in there.  I much prefer my .357 snub for that particular holster, though I dislike speed strips to the point that I will sometimes carry the P32 in a boot and a spare mag in the Smartcarry alongside the revolver.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2011, 11:13:12 AM »
This thread got me curious enough to take my XDsc and try carrying it in the zippered inside pocket of my Columbia ROC pants around the house....a little heavy w/ a 12-rd mag, but it worked....I was thinking of limiting myself to a snub (Ruger LCR .357Mag or Charter Arms Undercover Lite .38SPL), but now I have another choice.....now I'll have to get a pocket holster for the XDsc and my CHL.....

....maybe this is your solution?.....  =|
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2011, 11:21:35 AM »
I actually can't stand pocket carry and almost always carry the p3 strong side iwb.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2011, 11:34:08 AM »
I have a P3AT with a belt clip, but I usually carry it in a jacket pocket.  But I need to figure out a good way to carry my CZ-82 (it's a nice size and it's accurate and easy to shoot, but it's a little heavy) and let the P3AT just be a BUG.  Mostly because it's so hard to shoot accurately and it's no fun to practice with -- the gun is accurate enough, but the sights are hard to see and the recoil hurts like hell.
"It's good, though..."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2011, 12:07:01 PM »
Columbia ROC
Those are great pants; I have several.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2011, 02:07:06 PM »
Those are great pants; I have several.

Right about that....if I'm not wearing ROC's, I'm probably not wearing pants.....  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2011, 04:26:55 PM »
I like front pocket carry, but it displaces my wallet which I find annoying. No good from seated either. I'm thinking either a cross draw or shoulder rig so I can draw while sitting.

And yes, having a full size high capacity major caliber pistol would be better. Having a rifle would be bestest, but you take what you can get...

The Galco Miami Classic II shoulder holster works well.  Not as well/nice as the best Alessi's back in the day, but you can actually buy one and have it within the decade, rather than will the future complete holster to your first born when it finally is completed.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2011, 05:03:26 PM »
I don't carry anything in my back pocket. I used to live in Brooklyn and rode the subway a lot. I had a pager lifted off my belt once.

The smaller guns I carry are an LCP in a front pocket in one of these, or a Kel-Tec P11 in a small pancake. Lately, though, I have been fond of a hammerless Charter Bulldog in .44 special IWB.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2011, 09:35:35 PM »
For lightweight concealed, I prefer a 642 in a pocket holster.

DW owns one of the NAA .22LR revolvers.  I'm not a poor shot, but can't hit a skunk at 10' with that darn thing.  That's one of those "stick it in their ear and pull the trigger" guns.