Author Topic: Missouri weather this week  (Read 6125 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Missouri weather this week
« on: April 10, 2011, 04:01:18 PM »
I am taking a short trip to Kansas City and St. Louis to do some consulting for a hospital chain.  Looking ahead at the forecast, is it really going to be in the 60's and 70's with sunny weather early through midweek?  If so, I will probably not take a jacket. 

You could not do that in Seattle this time of year since the forecasts are notoriously inaccurate in predicting rain. Best to bring a parka to Seattle just in case, if the weather report is for no rain.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Missouri weather this week
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 05:46:12 PM »
Midwest, April= Sudden Thunderstorms and daily temperature swings and weather forecasts that are only good for 36hrs. Bring a jacket.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Bob F.

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 08:16:21 PM »
Might make that a lifejacket, and hardhat/helmet!!
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 08:51:46 PM »
Which KC health system you talking to?

April and May in Misery, you better bring shorts, a jacket and an umbrella.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 11:35:41 PM »
St. Louis here:

This:
Midwest, April= Sudden Thunderstorms and daily temperature swings and weather forecasts that are only good for 36hrs. Bring a jacket.

and this:
April and May in Misery, you better bring shorts, a jacket and an umbrella.

Highs of about 88-89 this past weekend, with occasional thunderstorms. The forecast is indeed 60s and 70s for this coming week, but temps drop about twenty degrees overnight.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Saint+Louis&state=MO&site=LSX&textField1=38.636&textField2=-90.2443
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 07:03:36 AM »
The weather is missourable   =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 12:05:15 PM »
The weather in Kansas City and St. Louis was gorgeous.  The low to mid 70's with sunny skies and a slight breeze.  And then I flew home last night to 49 degrees and raining.  And from looking at the newspaper real estate ads online, housing costs in these two areas of Missouri appear to be about half of what they are in Seattle.   :O

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 12:52:43 PM »
The weather in Kansas City and St. Louis was gorgeous.  The low to mid 70's with sunny skies and a slight breeze.  And then I flew home last night to 49 degrees and raining.  And from looking at the newspaper real estate ads online, housing costs in these two areas of Missouri appear to be about half of what they are in Seattle.   :O

And those are probably the most expensive areas of Missouri.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 01:34:26 PM »
As we drove across the state on I-70, I thought a few things:

Great bicycling terrain since it seems to be a lot flatter than Western Washington
I would love to ride on the Katy Trail, a rails-to-trails state park that stretches 238 miles across the state
Fireworks must be legal year round, based on the number of fireworks stores that I saw on I-70
I could probably spend a month in Kansas City eating BBQ.  I had some of the best burnt ends and brisket I have ever had in my life.  We ate at Jack Stack's and Arthur Bryant's.  My only regret is that we were not in KC longer.
Everyone, when talking about the weather, used the phrase 'we have four seasons', which I thought was interesting.  I told them that in Seattle we have two seasons, and you can tell them apart by if the rain is warmer or colder.  This cartoon is actually pretty accurate: http://theoatmeal.com/blog/seattle_weather

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 06:35:08 PM »
Fireworks must be legal year round, based on the number of fireworks stores that I saw on I-70

You noticed those?  ;/  As a rural kid, I was unfamiliar with the concept of anti-fireworks legislation. You've got plenty of country folk that light off fireworks whenever they please, if they're not actually shooting firearms on their property.

I have always assumed that fireworks laws are municipal matters that vary by - wait for it - municipality.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 11:06:28 PM »
I could probably spend a month in Kansas City eating BBQ.  I had some of the best burnt ends and brisket I have ever had in my life.  We ate at Jack Stack's and Arthur Bryant's.

Wait - you didn't have Oklahoma Joes?

Oh, you poor man.  You don't even know what you're missing.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 11:09:51 PM »
Seattle is great for seafood and Asian cuisines.  BBQ, not so much, to my regret.