Author Topic: EBAY Dispute--need advice  (Read 4057 times)

armedcitizen

EBAY Dispute--need advice
« on: March 26, 2005, 06:35:49 AM »
OK, I sold this Hot Wheels car on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6950324644

Obviously it brought in a lot of money for something that was $.39 new. The buyer gets it and emails me that it isn't purple, it's magenta and not what he wanted. Now, I wouldn't know magenta if it bit me on the butt. The pic in the auction is an accurate view of the color.

In order to maintain my 100% positive feedback, I offer a refund, less the auction costs and figure I will just relist it.

Today, I see the same buyer bidding on this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6952547412&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

To me, it appears to be the exact thing he bought from me and is now wanting to return.

What do you guys think? Should I give the money back and forget about it or tell him I won't refund and he can file a dispute with ebay if he likes.

Thanks.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 06:43:09 AM »
I would contact Ebay and see what they can do.  You can also always place negative feedback on the buyer to warn other sellers.  What is good for the goose is good for the gander.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

DigMe

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 07:28:56 AM »
Sounds like he had some buyer's remorse and wants to try to get one cheaper or something.  That's certainly not your fault!  Talk to Ebay.  

brad cook

Wildalaska

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 07:55:38 AM »
Tell him no, take the negative......

WildeverybodygetsanegativeAlaska
I'm just a condescending, supercilious,  pompous ass .But then again, my opinion is as irrelevant as yours, and keep in mind kids, it's only the internet! If I bug ya that much, ignore me. Anyway, need something? Call me at 800/992-4570.
?If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers?

http://www.hyperarts.com/pynchon/gravity/index.html

http://www.therealwildalaska.com/blog/

Chuck Jennings

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 09:59:27 PM »
If you have not given the refund, don't give it to them. I wouldn't bother getting eBay involved, as they are seldom much help.  Everyone gets a negative comment or two eventually. You can post an explanation about this bidder's buyers remorse if they do leave you a negative. You can then leave appropriate feedback for this joker.  Don't give in to feedback extortion.

WhoKnowsWho

• http://whoknowswho.yafro.com
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005, 06:02:50 AM »
You know what, the picture is purple, I doubt they made the car in magenta. Sounds like remorse over wanting it so bad and then finding it for less. Take the negative, I doubt it will really hurt you when you auction more stuff later, so don't worry about it.

If they guy has $200+ to burn on his Hot Wheels collection, he'll survive.

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005, 06:10:30 AM »
Normally, I would say you already offered the take back, you should honor it.

But since he is bidding on a cheaper one, and they didn't make the car in magenta, he is lying to you, so I say screw him.  Maybe he'll get stuk with two.  Take the negative, give him a negative.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2005, 10:33:53 AM »
Meh, heck with him.  Just get out of it and don't deal with it, and then leave negative feedback on him.  Lord only knows what he'll do to try to keep from paying.  Find another buyer who isn't a jackass.

doczinn

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2005, 03:19:06 PM »
Keep the money, take the feedback and leave the same for him, in detail.

If your pictures were a little better lit, this might not have happened.
D. R. ZINN

hoji

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2005, 06:11:14 PM »
What a punk. Keep the $$$ and tell him to pound sand.

Cool Hand Luke 22:36

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2005, 06:37:46 PM »
keep the money, tell Mr. "cold feet" to take a hike.
"Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it."
Henry David Thoreau

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2005, 07:07:39 PM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

TarpleyG

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2005, 03:27:35 AM »
[me talking to myself]

I really should've kept all those stupid Hot Wheels cars I had!!!

[/me talking to myself]

Chuck Jennings

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2005, 05:04:03 AM »
It is amazing the money that can be made clearing out your closet.  I paid for a cross country move, a vehicle, and startup costs for a new place by selling the Star Wars toys in my closet.

armedcitizen

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2005, 06:43:58 AM »
It is amazing the money that can be made clearing out your closet
You're right Chuck.  Last year I sold enough to buy a new Smith and Wesson.  My current round of selling will net me enough for a new Bushmaster, EOTech optics and a few hundred rounds of .223.  All from old toys I've been dragging around for twenty years.

Pebcac

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2005, 10:23:01 AM »
Man, I used to have buckets of those Hot Wheels.  You just never know what might take on value down the road.

My vote is to tell him he got what was advertised.  He saw the picture, he bid, and he got what he bid on.  It looks to me like he's got buyer's remorse, especially since the other car sold for less.

Whether or not you refund, he might still leave negative feedback claiming you sold him something that was not as advertised.  Should he leave you negative feedback, just reply that it was delivered as pictured and move on.

WA's right.  Anybody who sells long enough will get a negative from one of those people who can't be pleased.  Still, if it makes you feel better, take it back.  It looks like you wouldn't have any trouble selling it again!
Problem exists between computer and chair.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2005, 07:30:42 PM »
I'm not very good at telling one color from another and I don't know much about Hot Wheels cars, but from the pictures on the auction and from what Harry T posted, it certainly looks purple to me.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2005, 10:46:06 AM »
Read both descriptions again.  Both say purple in writing.  The guy is an idiot, too bad for him.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'