Author Topic: Join the Army to increase chances of becoming a US citizen  (Read 2057 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Join the Army to increase chances of becoming a US citizen
« on: April 15, 2011, 09:31:14 AM »
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-04-13-fake-army-20110413,0,4439012.story

He called himself the "supreme commander."

From a storefront in Temple City decorated to look like a military recruiting center, David Deng raised an army of more than 100 Chinese nationals and claimed they were members of an elite U.S. special forces unit, authorities said.

Together, they marched in local Chinese New Year parades and even received a special military tour in uniform at the USS Midway museum in San Diego. Chinese-language newspapers ran photos of the troops with prominent community leaders.

But prosecutors on Tuesday charged that Deng's "U.S. Army/Military Special Forces Reserve" was actually a huge immigration scam that preyed on Chinese immigrants in the San Gabriel Valley desperate to become citizens.

The only thing that suprises me about this scam is how little he charged folks.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.